𝐕𝐈𝐈

Omniscient
December 24th
California: Compton

"Merry Christmas Naomi." Diamonté said after she opened the door to her apartment.

Naomi laughed, "Merry Christmas Eve Dia, get in here." she invited her friend in.

Dia handed her a boxes with her Christmas gift inside. "I told you I didn't want anything for Christmas." she said with a smile

"And I told you, I'm getting you something anyway. Everyone deserves a Christmas present, it just wouldn't be right to not have one." Diamonté told her

Naomi pouted and brought Dia in for a hug, "Thank you baby. I'll open it tomorrow." she said placing the box on her small tree

Diamonté nodded, taking a seat on the couch as she scrolled through her phone.

"Now when you say everyone deserves a Christmas gift." she started, and sat down next to Diamonté,

"Does that include Carti?" she finished

At the mention of his name, Diamonté scowled. Ever since they had the argument, she avoided him at all costs. It was hard considering they lived in the same home, but Cartier usually wasn't home anyway.

She got the feeling he was too, avoiding her just like she was doing to him. It made sense, since they met he made it pretty clear he couldn't stand her so she didn't care.

She didn't want to be around anyone that didn't want her to, so she fell back. Only staying in the house and sometimes going out with Naomi when she needed the fresh air.

They never talked anymore, never made eye contact, just a simple text every once in awhile from Demetrius asking her if she was still alive. She figured he was asking because he was doing his job.

Little did she know, Demetrius had actually wasn't enjoying her avoiding him. In fact, it made him sick. He could feel himself getting attached to her more as they distanced and couldn't understand why.

He hated her, she got on his nerves, she was annoying. But then again, something inside him missed her. Sure he still lived with her but the feel of her aura, her energy wasn't the same.

So without her noticing, he usually took small glances at her when they ran into one another. He allowed her to drive his Mercedes to get from place to place. And texted her every single day to see if she was good.

He often got involved in work, now producing and selling ecstasy, so he could distract himself. But none of it helped, she was always on his mind.

Diamonté on the other hand, felt great without Cartier's little attitude around her. But, she did miss his smart remarks she just wouldn't admit it.

"I bought him something too, we haven't exactly been communicating, but he's still letting me stay there for free so I guess I kind of owe him." she shrugged

Naomi laughed, "You feel like you owe him? Or do you like him?" she asked with a sly smirk

"I- I- I- I don't-"

"That was a lot of stuttering." Nae pointed out

Dia blushed, "Shut up. I just think he should get some presents, all week my family has been sending in presents for me and I just- I feel bad." Diamonté admitted.