𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈

Omniscient
December 25th
California: Los Angeles

Dia called Demetrius for literally the 30th time that night and again was hit with no answer. It was Christmas night, slowly rolling into 9pm and she was left standing outside her job.

Even though Diamonté thought it was unethical for her to be working on Christmas, Andrea insisted on it and Demetrius forbid her from playing sick so she could stay home.

So there she was, off work and standing outside in the cold as she waited for her only ride home. Her arms were folded over her chest and she shivered. Demetrius was supposed to show up an hour ago and never did.

First she was waiting inside, but as time passed, the assistant manager had to completely lock up the shop. So as everyone left, Dia was stuck there waiting for Demetrius who clearly wasn't coming.

Diamonté pouted and kicked the ground with her shoe before taking a deep breath. She was debating on walking back to but didn't know the way and from Los Angeles to Compton would probably be an hour long walk.

"I'll just take the bus." she mumbled to herself, beginning to walk and find the nearest bus stop.

Her heart twisted in her chest, feeling a little hurt that Demetrius ditched her and wasn't answering his phone. But then again, there could've been a possibility that something was wrong which made her worry a little.

So she bit her lip nervously, praying in her head that he was okay. Because not answering her calls was completely out of his character.

As she walked down the sidewalk, a car beeped its horn from behind her. She didn't turn around, instead, she kept walking, not knowing the car was trying to get her attention. Only until a loud voice yelled, "Diamonté!"

Dia stopped in her tracks and turned around as a black SRT pulled over to the sidewalk. She squinted her eyes trying to get a good view of who it was as he stuck his head out the opened window.

She smiled, the street light helped her see the person in the car was Dante. Sighing contently, Dia walked over to the car. "Why you walking?" he yelled out to her

Dia rolled her eyes while nearing the car, "My boyfriend wasn't answering my calls, he was supposed to pick me up because I don't exactly have a car anymore." she explained, standing by the passenger's side of the car

Dante nodded and looked at her through the open window, "Well if you need, I can give you a ride." he offered, not wanting her to walk in the cold

"I- I- um-" Dia stuttered nervously. She didn't know what to do, an attractive man was offering her a ride but she knew Demetrius would be upset if she came home with him.

But on the other hand, she was thinking 'Fuck Demetrius.' He left her in the cold by herself and didn't answer her calls, so whoever she chose to get a ride from, he couldn't be mad at because ultimately it was his fault for leaving her.

She nodded to herself, liking that thought better. "I appreciate it, thank you." she said politely and reached for the car door

After Dia slid inside and got comfortable, he drove off. "Where you stay?" Dante asked

Dia didn't want to reveal Demetrius' address to someone who was a stranger to him. So instead she only told him the neighborhood and offered to walk the rest of the way.