𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈

Omniscient
December 19th
California: Compton

Dia sighed harshly laying out on the floor with her arms and legs spread. Demetrius had been working her hard for the past 2 weeks, they did boxing, jump roping, sit ups and weight lifting everyday. On top of that, they went jogging every morning for an hour.

Her muscles were sore, she was always exhausted, but through it all, she was learning. She managed to lose 15 pounds and her reflexes were becoming quicker. Demetrius also realized how much stronger she was becoming and he loved it.

Now, it was time for her to start working. He wasn't kidding when he said she had to get a job.

Dia didn't want to but he made a great point saying she needed to experience making her own money. She could no longer make income from her parents because after she got married to Quavo, financial ties with them were cut and she depended on his income.

Now that he was dead, she couldn't depend on him anymore. Diamonté wanted to steal his money but Demetrius forbid her from it, Quavo was a missing person now and if she was using his cards she'd be a huge suspect.

And although Demetrius loved spoiling her, he needed her to learn to be independent and make money on her own. She knew he meant well but the entire experience was going to be new to her. She never worked a day in her life, and hadn't started yet but was already dreading it.

"Dia get yo dramatic ass up." Demetrius sighed walking into the house and seeing her on the floor.

"I'm gonna die if I work." she dramatically said

He laughed and shook his head walking over to her, "You won't die. Its yo first day, all you doing is making coffee and shit and serving it." he explained

Her job was a barista at a coffee bar in Los Angeles. Demetrius figured it would be easy enough for her. Plus he knew the woman who owned it and talked her into giving Dia the job.

He and the woman had messed around sexually, years ago but he definitely didn't tell Dia that. Even if  it was a long time ago, he knew she would feel uncomfortable working under a woman Demetrius had sex with. 

Diamonté huffed and sat up, "Fine, I guess it won't be that bad." she said and reached her hand out for Demetrius to help her up.

He pulled her body from the ground and she straightened out her clothes a little. She only wore a baggy t-shirt that belonged to Demetrius and some jeans because he threatened to burn all her designer clothes if she went there looking bougie.

"It won't be. You'll see baby." he said kissing her lips

She gave him a small smile and reached her hands up rubbing them over his waves considering he had just gotten a fresh haircut so his wild curls were gone.

"I miss the curls." she commented absent-mindedly

"They'll grow back. Now come on, we can't be late on yo first day. Plus, I got paintings to give away today." Demetrius said and wrapped an arm around her shoulders

Dia pouted and looked up at him, "I wanna help." she said

He laughed, "Too bad. You gotta work, welcome to being grown and independent baby." he said and kissed her forehead

She just rolled her eyes and grumbled curse words under her breath as he led her to the truck, not excited about working at all.