𝐗𝐈𝐈

Omniscient
February 15th
California: Compton

'How can I breathe?' he thought to himself as he laid suffocating. His back was weighed down and his head wouldn't stop pounding.

He could feel burns on his skin where he was cut up. Laying there, unable to move. His mouth opening and closing like a fish stuck out of water.

He attempted to find any air left in the space he was crushed in. But it was no use. He was dying, his body had been cut up, he was bleeding out from all over and mainly his head.

He knew he wouldn't make it, so he accepted it and closed his eyes. It hurt not to breathe, but it would soon all be over.

As the rise and fall of his chest stopped, his eyes rolled to the back of his head and darkness clouded his vision.

"Cartier!" he heard someone call, snapping out of his daydream from the day he was trapped inside a collapsed house.

He often thought about that exact moment because it was the last time he was free and out of the hell hole he was in. Demetrius couldn't stand being locked away, every second he spent there, he was slowly losing his little bit of sanity.

Not to mention the fact that the woman who was able to control his sanity was keeping secrets from him. He just couldn't win, and it stressed him out to the max.

Despite Demetrius being angry at her, he still wanted to be with Diamonté. It was weird because he couldn't stand her at the moment but also couldn't shake the strong affections he had for her.

He just knew if she had came to him crying, he would've accepted her back with open arms. Even so much as a laugh from her would put her back in his good graces.

She had a strong and powerful hold over him, but she had no idea. Diamonté, being scared of him was used to submitting herself to him thinking he was in control of her. When it was really the other way around, she just didn't use her power over him to her advantage.

Demetrius sighed and sat up abruptly from the hard uncomfortable cot he had to sleep in. His legs completely hanging off the small so called bed.

He looked through the bars of his cell to see a prison guard, Riley. Riley was a female guard who instantly took a liking to Demetrius when he first arrived.

She managed to do a lot for him like sneak him a phone inside his cell. And take care of his 'manly' needs while working to get him to serve less time than what he was sentenced.

He already served a month and it was the longest one of his life. He couldn't sit in the place for six months, he physically couldn't. The traumas from his childhood often clouded his mind, and the isolated space in his cell made him claustrophobic.

So he rarely slept and sometimes had episodes that would get him tranquilized. He knew he wasn't right in the head, but being in jail for 6 months would knock any and every screw that was already loose in his head, completely out.

"Please tell me you got some good news." he mumbled standing up from his bed and stretching his limbs.

Riley smiled at the sight of him and held her hand out, "Come with me and I can tell you." she said

Demetrius nodded and ignored her hand, walking along with her as they headed to their normal hiding spot. It was an abandoned file closet in the jail, that she still had the keys to. Nobody else had a copy so they were the only ones who could get in and out.