Chapter Sixteen

"Was I too soft, or was the world too hard?"

˱ 𓈒 𓈊 ┈ 𓈒 ┈ 𓈉 ┈ 𓈒 ┈ 𓈊 𓈒 ˲

James's POV

A few weeks later...

I wake up with Bella in my arms peacefully sleeping. She looks so beautiful in the mornings, when the light coming from the windows shine on her face, her hair spread all over the pillow, and the sheets tangled around her.

It's been a few weeks since everything and nothing has happened. Everybody has been fine, there have been no threats which we are a little freaked out about because that means Bella's dad is planning something and we need to be ready for it.

Josh and Clara seem to have gotten over their fight but I know that another one will soon come. Owen and Lily seem to be in their own world together, and me and Bella are inseparable. I am always touching her whenever I can, I just need to feel her and be around her and even though she playfully rolls her eyes at me I know she feels the same.

It's now Christmas day which I found out is Bella's favorite holiday. I am still laying next to her watching her sleep which I know is creepy but I don't care. I don't think she cares either.

She always looks like a fucking goddess and I always wonder how I got someone as amazing as her. I never want to let her go. I can imagine spending the rest of my life with her, getting married, having kids, growing old together. I never thought I would say this but I want it all with her.

Damn, I'm hooked.

As I'm watching Bella I see her eyes flutter open and land on me. She gives me the cutest sleepy smile I have ever seen and I lower my head and give her a small peck on the lips.

"Good morning baby," I say.

"Good morning," She says back in a hoarse voice from sleeping. My breath hitches at the sexy sound and I already know that my eyes are darkening with lust and love.

She can see it to. "Why are you looking at me like that?" Bella asks and I smile.

"I just think you are beautiful and I kinda want to take you right now," I say with a smirk knowing that what I said would make her blush. And I was right, she blushes and turns her head away.

"Stooop," She says and I laugh and pull her closer.

"Never."

Then our bedroom door slams open with a loud bang. Me and Bella turn our heads to see Josh with a huge smile on his face. This motherfucker always interrupts.

"Guys stop your fucking and get up it's Christmas!" He says then runs downstairs.

Bella laughs and starts to get up to get dressed. I do the same then we head downstairs to the living room by the Christmas tree where Owen, Lily, Clara, Josh, Emily, and Asher are all sitting. Asher is bouncing up and down in excitement ready to open his presents.

We go over and sit down on an empty spot on the couch.

"Now can I open my presents, pleeeeaaassse," Asher says looking at Emily. We all laugh and she nods. Then Asher starts tearing into his presents, throwing wrapping paper everywhere. We all laugh and watch as he squeals in happiness at what he gets.

Josh left a few minutes ago for something 'important' is what he said. After Asher gets done opening his presents, loud Christmas music blasts through the speakers and then Josh walks in with a Santa costume on, dancing to the music. I roll my eyes at him but can't help but smile at Bella who is cracking up with laughter.