Chapter Eighteen

"I can't lose you like I've lost everyone else."
˱ 𓈒 𓈊 ┈ 𓈒 ┈ 𓈉 ┈ 𓈒 ┈ 𓈊 𓈒 ˲

James's POV

We are at the abandoned building that Asher is at ready to fight The Vipers and Bella's dad to get Asher back. These past few days have been terrible for all of us but Owen and Emily the most. I can tell though that Owen is now better now that we are here to get Asher back. When we told Emily her face brightened with hope and I don't want to let her down.

We came up with a plan and thanks to Josh's help on the ins and outs, I am pretty confident we can pull this off.

There will be three groups of my men including me going to different ends of the building. Group A which is my group is going through the front, Group B which is Owen and Clara's group are going from the left, and Group C, Josh's group is going through the right. Josh and Clara are not together because Josh has been a shithead towards her these few days. Now I am not so confident those two will be end game.

The downside of this whole entire plan though, is that Bella is going through the back to get Asher since she is small and fast and also Asher trusts her. She is the one that needs to get him and I am not happy about it. Fuck if anything happens to her...I don't even want to think about it. All I know is that I would lose myself forever this time.

I made sure that Bella memorized the map that Josh gave her of the place. I also trained with her constantly in fighting and shooting much to her annoyance. I can hear her voice saying, "James! Seriously, your going to freaking kill me here!" I laugh quietly with a smile on my face, but quickly shake it off in order to focus and prepare myself and group for this. I know this is going to be war. The Vipers are not that smart but they don't hesitate to kill anyone in their way. Their reckless behavior is what doesn't get them to the top, they need strategy and skills. The only reason they come close is because of how much they have killed.

All of us are now in our positions, waiting for my call to move. We are hidden in a place where we can't be seen. I am squatting down low behind a bush, studying the two guards that are outside of the doors to the entrance. We had time to study their time zones in which they switch shifts. They should be switching any minute now giving us the opportunity to sneak in and kill them silently as to not alert others in the building.

The groups on the side are going to do the same to the guards on the side. We have went through this plan multiple times to engrave it in each others brains so we don't mess up. Bella even helped with the planning and gave us really smart ideas and moves and every time she opened her beautiful mouth, pride instantly filled me at how much of an amazing queen she is.

She is going to be my forever, I will make sure of it.

We figured out there is only one guard at the back of the building which will be easy for Bella to kill. But I know she won't kill him, even though he is the bad guy, her heart is to big to hurt someone that bad. She will only knock the guy out with the back of her gun. In fact her not wanting to kill him just makes me even more attracted to her, if that's even possible.

A door opening brings me out of my thoughts. I look ahead and see two sets of new men coming out of the front doors of the building. They are beginning the switch of positions. I nod to my group as a sign that we can start moving. One of my guys gives a text to the other groups to alert them to.

We start to slowly walk forward making sure not to step on any twigs to not make to much noise. We get closer to the two guards and as they are turning there back to us we sprint towards them.

I grab one from behind and put my knife to his throat slitting it open. I watch as he falls to the ground, his hands shooting up to his throat to try and catch the flowing blood from coming out. He fails miserably as his body goes fully limp and there is no longer any life in his eyes. I then watch as one of my men do the same to the other guy and I give him a proud nod.