Chapter 2 : The Revelation

It's night in Delhi

Riddhima was preparing for dinner. Shekhar was playing with the toys. Soon she asked Shekhar to come for dinner.

She made his favorite chole, kulcha and badam halwa. Seeing this Shekhar got excited. He settled himself for dinner. Riddhima served him food. He was quite happy as after a long time he was having dinner with his mother.

After dinner Riddhima was busy in cleaning. Shekhar left for his room. In his room he had a photo frame of Arjun. He took that frame and started to talk with it. 

"Papa !! Why don't you come to meet me. I miss you so much papa. Please come atleast once. I want to see you papa." He was very sad.

Meanwhile Riddhima was done with household chores. She left for her room. She played favorite song of her and Arjun.

"Yeh parbato ke daayare, yeh shaam kaa dhua
 Aise me kyon naa chhed de dilon kee daastaan"

(Author's note : though its old song but lyrics are so beautiful. If you want give it a chance and hear it. I am sure everyone will like it.)

She was lost in Arjun's thoughts. Just then Shekhar came to her room with Arjun's photo frame.

Upon seeing him Riddhima asked "What happened beta? And why are you holding your Papa's photo?"

Shekhar : "I want to meet papa right now. Call him and ask atleast talk to me."

Riddhima started to get nervous. Because she was sure enough now she had to say truth to Shekhar.

Riddhima : "Right now I can't. May be tomorrow."

Shekhar : "No mumma. Call right now."

Riddhima : "Stop being adamant."

Shekhar : "I know the reason why you are not calling him. Because he doesn't love me. See there is no frame of him with me. Why because he doesn't care for me." He started to cry

Riddhima's heart was wrenching. She hugged little Shekhar. Made him drink water. Then she started to tell him.

"Beta! Now I think you must know about your papa. Yes we have no frame of him with you, because before you came to this world he left us forever."

Shekhar couldn't believe his ears. He was still sobbing. Riddhima also started to cry, still she continued.

"He is no more with us beta. He is now with god. He can never be with us. We can have only frame of him with us." Riddhima was also shedding tears.

Shekhar was all shattered hearing this. He couldn't believe that his father is dead and he can never return to him. The love for which he was craving he can never get. He slowly got up and left for his room.

In her room Riddhima was also crying remancing the moments which she spent with Arjun.

"Why Arjun why!! You left us. Why you made me orphan again. I can't handle our child alone. His sad eyes wrenching my heart each day. Why this cruelty with him. Arjun... Please come back... !!" She was crying inconsolabliy.

She was gazing Moon with teary eyes.

(Author's note : try to listen song "Intezari" from movie "Article 15" this song is apt for this situation especially the line "Chand dekha tha jo humne
Chaar aankhon se kabhi
Kaise dekhun usko tanha saathiya")

Shekhar came to his room. He sat near the balcony of his room. He was staring the stars.

"Papa !! Where are you? Can you hear me papa? Why can't you come for us. I haven't seen you papa. Dear God please give me my papa back. You take my piggy bank even my all toys and chocolates but give me my papa. I love him alot and mumma said that he is with you now. I need him the most. Please give me my papa back. Please god."

Poor child was crying hugging Arjun's photo. He didn't realise when he fell asleep.

************************************

It's next day Morning

Riddhima woke up, she also didn't realise last night when she fell asleep. She rushed to Shekhar's room.

Her heart sank seeing his condition. He was lying on floor hugging Arjun's photo.

She went to him and softly made him wake up. Shekhar was still in shock. He was not vocal at all.

Riddhima made his choice of breakfast but he was not at all interested. He was still in thoughts of Arjun only.

Then Riddhima said "beta how about to have lunch out today."

Shekhar didn't say a word he only nodded.

Riddhima felt it would be really difficult to handle Shekhar after all these. But still she thought if she can distract him from Arjun's thoughts for a while then it would be better for Shekhar.

She made him ready and left for lunch.

***********************************

It's afternoon Riddhima and Shekhar reached to a fine dine restaurant.

Riddhima was trying to cheer Shekhar up but he was not in mood. Riddhima orderd his choice of food.

Shekhar was still sad. Riddhima couldn't understand how to make him feel comfortable.

Order has come Riddhima asked Shekhar : "Have food baby...!!"

Shekhar started to have his lunch. Suddenly he saw something and his eyes got tickle.

Riddhima also noticed this. He swiftly got up from his chair and said a word "Papa"

Riddhima was getting worried that why Shekhar is behaving like this. How can Arjun be here.

She was trying to talk to him but he didn't listen to her. Shekhar started to run towards a table which was settled in corner of the restaurant.

Riddhima was also running after Shekhar.

Shekhar reached to the table and hugged a person saying "Papa"

The person was utterly surprised. He got up from his chair. Shekhar was still clinging to him.

Riddhima was all puzzled that what is happening. Why Shekhar is calling some unknown person "Papa"

This is it for this chapter.
I know many of you might feel so emotional after the chapter. But soon many exciting things are going to happen.
So Stay tuned to know what happened to Shekhar and why he is calling a stranger "Papa"

Story will be continued in next chapter...