Chapter 3 : A Friend

Riddhima was all puzzled by the behavior of Shekhar. Just then the person turned around and Riddhima said "Vansh!!"

Vansh also recognized Riddhima. Shekhar also saw he was not Arjun. But still he couldn't detached himself from Vansh. Vansh was also confused by all these.
(Note : In coming chapters you will get exact picture why he felt so, that Vansh is Arjun.)

Slowly Riddhima took aside Shekhar and apologised for Shekhar's behavior.

Vansh : "No ... No.. please don't say sorry. He is child , he must be mistaken."

Riddhima : "Yes. Actually the photo he is having of his father, in that photo his father donned same kind of jacket so he might be mistaken."

Vansh : "Ya might be. Please don't worry I do understand this."

Riddhima asked Shekhar to come but he wasn't leaving Vansh's hand. Infect he asked Vansh "can you join us for lunch?"

Vansh was all confused what to answer this little kid. After much hesitation he said yes.

All three were settled at the table. It was all silence on the table. Vansh thought to make situation bit lighter.
So he asked Shekhar "hi beta.. !!"

Shekhar : "Hi... So you and mumma already met?"

Before Riddhima could say anything Vansh said "Yes we were together on flight to Dehradoon."

Shekhar didn't say anything in return.

Vansh then asked "Your papa is not around. Didn't he accompany you?"

Riddhima was going to say but Shekhar said in hurry "He is no more with us. He is now with god."

Vansh felt strange sad feeling. Somehow he gulped down his grief and said "I am sorry."

Now Riddhima thought to take charge of it. She said "Vansh !! Let's have food first."

Vansh understood and nodded. All three had lunch together. After lunch Riddhima excused herself and went for freshen up.

As soon as Riddhima left Shekhar asked Vansh his mobile number. Vansh got shocked but as he came to know about his father he thought to give his number.

Then Shekhar said "can I call you?"

Vansh : "Definitely.. "

Shekhar extended his hand towards Vansh and said "Will you be my friend?"

Vansh smiled and did handshake with him.

"I would love to be your friend."

Shekhar : "But what should I call you?"

Vansh thought and then said "you can call me Vansh"

"But you are elder to me I can't call you by name."

Vansh : "Then call me uncle.. ok?"

Shekhar : "Ok I will manage."

Riddhima came, she asked Vansh "I hope you have enjoyed lunch with us."

Vansh : "Yes ... Of course."

They checked and left from the restaurant. Riddhima made Shekhar seat in the car and said thanks to Vansh.

Vansh : "It's ok Mrs Malhotra. He is just a kid."

Riddhima : "Thanks for understanding."

Vansh : "please don't be."

Riddhima : "Ok bye. See you."

Vansh : "Ya bye."

Vansh said bye to Shekhar. He also said bye to Vansh and waved his hand.