Chapter 6 : Birthday Gift

A day of Shekhar's birthday

Riddhima and Shalini were busy in decoration. Shekhar was playing with Meera. In afternoon they finished the decorations.

After completing their work they took sense of relief. Just then Shalini asked "Riddhima !! Have you told Shekhar about Arjun?"

Riddhima : "Yes Shalini. Few days back."

Shalini : "Oh how did he react upon?"

Riddhima : "He was all shocked and shattered."

Then Riddhima told her series of incidents that happened after that.

Shalini : "Actually Riddhima its seriously amazing that vansh handled him so well."

Riddhima : "Agree with you. But now he used to listen Vansh only. For this birthday celebration also I didn't want to invite him but due to Shekhar's pressure I had to invite him."

Shalini noticed a weird annoyance on Riddhima's face. She asked "Riddhima I am your childhood friend. I know you very well. You don't like Vansh just because you have fear that he will snatch Shekhar from you? Or he may  fill the emptiness of your life??"

Riddhima was all shocked "Shalini !! None can take Arjun's place in our lives. He is my husband and Shekhar's father."

Shalini : "Of course."

Riddhima understood that Shalini felt bad. She held her hand and said "Shalini !! You know how possessive I am for Arjun."

Shalini : "I do understand Riddhima, but it's sad that whatever I can see you can't see that."

Riddhima : "Means ?! Shalini say properly. I didn't get you."

Shalini : "Nothing just ignore. Let's just see what Shekhar and Meera are doing."

Riddhima was still thinking about Shalini's comment.

It was late evening. All were getting ready for the celebration. First Riddhima made Shekhar ready for the evening, indeed he was looking so adorable in that new suit.

Then she left towards her room to get ready. She wore that carrot colored kurti which Shekhar has selected for her. She did light make-up, left her hair open and cladded small earrings.

So was looking simple yet beautiful. The only thing which was missing was her smile. As if Arjun took her smile with him.

She came out of her room. She was setting the table for cake. Just then she heard foot steps of someone. She saw in the direction of sound.

Vansh... Yes he was Vansh. He has donned grey colored suit with the matching trouser. Indeed he was looking extremely handsome.

Riddhima was staring him. Vansh entered into the drawing room. Riddhima was still staring him. He slightly came near to her said "I am not ghost. So stop staring me like that."

Riddhima awakened herself from her state, she felt bit embarrassed.
She started to seeing downwards. Vansh noticed this, he said "Was kidding Riddhima"

Riddhima : "please have a seat."

Vansh : "Thank you."

She went to kitchen, had glass of water and thought "Why such thing has happened to me? Why...??"

Meanwhile Shekhar came to drawing room. He saw Vansh there. He litrally hugged him tight. Vansh kissed him and wished him "A very happy birthday beta ! May your all Wishes will Come true."

Shekhar : "Thanks uncle." He was also happy.

He saw big present in his hand.

"Is it for me?"

Vansh : "I believe today it's your birthday so must be for you only." He said with wide smile.

Shekhar hugged him and said "You are the best pa... I mean best uncle in the world."

He didn't recognize when he did such mistake. Then he Started to talk with him.

Shalini and Riddhima came to drawing room. Shalini saw Vansh.

Riddhima introduced her to Vansh "Vansh !! She is my best friend Shalini."

Vansh : "Oh glad to meet you." He smiled at her.

Then they got engaged into the cake cutting preparation. Shalini said to Riddhima "He has been quite attached to Shekhar."

Riddhima : "Ya.. Shalini !! He is."

Both have prepared for cake cutting.
They placed cake on the decorated table and asked Shekhar to come forward.

Shekhar held Vansh's hand and came forward to cut the cake. Riddhima placed candles into the cake.

Shekhar was happy. He leaned towards the cake to blow off the candles. Just then Vansh said "Make a wish before you blow off the candles."

Shekhar : "Yes I will."

He made a wish and blew off the candles.

Everyone sang
"Happy birthday to you... Happy birthday to you.. Happy birthday dear Shekhar... Happy birthday to you."

All were clapping for him. He cut the cake. First he made Riddhima to eat cake. Then Riddhima fed him cake.

Then he moved towards Vansh and fed him cake. In return Vansh also fed him cake.

Then Shekhar fed Shalini and Meera the cake.

All were extremely happy. Shalini and Meera gave gift to Shekhar. He was happy by receiving the gift.

Then Vansh moved forward and gave him his gift.

Shekhar was atonished to see the gift he asked "Can I open this right now??"

Riddhima rolled her eyes towards Shekhar but Shekhar royally ignored her. Vansh was also in dilemma what to say as Riddhima didn't like the idea to open the gift infront of him.

Shalini came in between and said "Ok Riddhima relax, let him open the gift. Please."

Shekhar thanked her and he started to unwrapping the gift.

As soon as he unwrapped it, all were awestruck seeing the gift. It was beautiful painting of Shekhar and Riddhima, they were playing with each other and laughing.

Shekhar screamed seeing the painting. "This is the best gift ever. I love you alot for this."

He hugged Vansh tightly. Vansh also hugged him back.

"I knew it you will definitely like it."

Shekhar : "It's so pretty. Right mumma??!"

Riddhima : "Ya it is. Thanks Vansh for this."

Vansh : "Don't be Riddhima... I also love Shekhar alot."

Shekhar was on cloud nine after receiving the gift from Vansh.

Then he moved towards Riddhima and said "Mumma !! Where is your gift?"

Riddhima : "You told me you will ask gift from me. So tell me what do you want?"

Shekhar : "No you have to promise first that you won't deny."

Riddhima : "Of course as its your birthday gift, how can I deny that!"

Shekhar : "Fine then. Mumma !! I want my papa as my birthday gift. I want Vansh papa."

Vansh , Riddhima and Shalini were stunned upon hearing this. Riddhima left cold feeted.

So guys how was the chapter?

What do you think what will be Riddhima's reaction for this?
And what if Shekhar will be adamant for his wish??? How their life will take turn from now??!?!

Soon you will get answers of all these.

Stay tuned for coming chapters.

Story will be continued in next chapter...