Chapter 13 : Stand by me

8 years ago.........

City hospital was shown of Delhi. A certain tension was there at the entrance of the hospital. Hospital staff was taking someone to the operation theater.

Dr. Anand came who happens to be the head doctor of City hospital.

"Nurse take him to the operation theater fast. He is in critical condition."

They took him to the operation theater. After three hours operation was over. Doctor shifted that person to the ICU.

Dr. Anand was discussing with an intern.

"Riddhima, you have to take of this patient. Beacuse he is wing Commander Arjun Malhotra and I want best treatment for our nation's soldier."

Riddhima : "Of course sir. It's my pleasure to have this opportunity."

He smiled at Dr. Anand and entered into ICU. She was heading towards Arjun. Upon reaching towards his bed, she took chart and start updating it.

Suddenly she observed little hand movement of him. She checked his pulse level and etc. As soon as she was about leave from ICU she heard his voice.

He was murmuring something. She moved closer to him. He was asking for water. He was slowly regaining senses.

She made him drink water. Then she again made him sleep.

A day left.

Next morning when she came for his checkup, she saw he was already awake.

He greeted her with a calming smile. Riddhima also smiled at him.

"Good morning Commander, I am Dr. Riddhima."

Arjun : "Hello Dr. And my name is Arjun."

Riddhima laughed and said "and my name is Riddhima."

Arjun also laughed at her.

Riddhima : "So how are you feeling now?"

Arjun : "I am better now. Dr. I mean Riddhima when this plaster can he remove?"

Riddhima : "After two weeks."

Arjun : "What !!??? What should I do for two Weeks!!"

Riddhima smiled and said "Take rest, as you have injured badly."

Arjun : "I am soldier Riddhima, I have be be prepare for such wounds."

Riddhima : "Definitely. But right now you are patient of mine so you have to do whatever your doctor instructs
" She smiled

Arjun also smiled at her.

Riddhima : "Now take rest I'll come after sometime, if you need something you can call nurse."

Arjun : "Sure and thanks"

************************************

It's evening after completing her duty Riddhima came to Arjun's room. Its dinner time but he wasn't eating.

Riddhima : "what happened ?? Why are you not eating??"

Arjun : "I don't like hospital food. I feel I am sick."

Riddhima : "Because you are sick, Arjun."

Arjun : "I am not going to eat this."
He made weird face.

Riddhima : "Ok I have an idea, tomorrow I will bring food you from my home. But today you please have this. As you still have to take medicine as well."

Arjun : "No please don't bother."

Riddhima : "It will be my pleasure. I will bring."

She instructed nurse to feed him as he was having plaster in his hand.