Chapter 8 : A Crossroad

Shekhar was all shattered and crying in his room. Riddhima came to his room.

Riddhima caressed his head. But he jerked her hand out.

"Mumma don't come to me. If you can't fulfill my wish."

Riddhima in a soft tone "Beta try to understand. This can cannot be possible."

Shekhar : "Why? Why not possible?"

Riddhima : "I can't give your Papa's place to anyone else."

Shekhar : "But he is my papa. When I saw him for the first time I felt that God has sent my papa back. He is my papa."

Riddhima : "Shekhar ! For the last time I am making you understand that it can never be possible. It will be in your benefit if you make yourself understand this as soon as possible."

She left the room in rage. After she left Shekhar took Arjun's photo frame and said "I saw you in Vansh papa. And I know I am right. You came back to us in a form of Vansh papa. Please make mumma understand this."

He was crying miserably hugging Arjun's photo frame.

In her Riddhima was also awake. Shekhar's words were echoing in her ears.

"How can he thought that I will say yes for this. I will never forgive Vansh for this. I am sure he has done something to Shekhar. Otherwise since all these years Shekhar never did such thing. I trusted you Vansh but you broke my trust."

She was also disturbed. She held Arjun's photo and said

"Arjun !! How can I make our kid understand that it will never be possible. He can't have father. I am sorry I failed as a mother. Ever since you left I tried to fulfill duties of mother as well as father. But I believe I failed miserably. Please forgive me if ever you can."

She started crying. She didn't realise when she fell asleep.

Next day morning , sun came in the sky. With rays of sun Riddhima woke up. She wanted to believe all these as a nightmare. But soon she realised that all that was a bitter truth.

She came to Shekhar's room. He was still sleeping. Riddhima went towards him , sat on his bed. As soon as she extended her hand to caressed his forehead, she realised Shekhar is having fever.

She got panicked. She ran to get the thermometer. She placed thermometer to check the temperature. She was all shocked seeing the temperature it was 104 fever.

She couldn't understand what to do now. She called in her hospital and inform them about this emrgecy.

Meantime she called Shalini too and ask her to come at hospital.

She reached to hospital. They shifted him to pediatric ward. Soon pediatrician came to check Shekhar.

Doctor was examining him. After few minutes he came out, Riddhima was so nervous and worried for Shekhar. She rushed to doctor "Doctor !! How is he now? And what has happened to him? He was all fine till last night."

Doctor : "Please relax Dr. Riddhima. He is fine. But due to these much higher temperature he has been weak and will be unconsius for sometime. Actually I want to talk with you. Please come to my cabin."

Riddhima nodded and they entered into doctor's cabin.

"Please have a seat Dr. Riddhima. And try to hear me very carefully."

Riddhima's heartbeats were accelerating, what has happened that and what serious matter he is going to say.

Doctor : "After examination I found out that something is bothering him within. I know it's a highly personal matter but I would suggest to sort it as soon as possible because after all he is a child. In such minor age if he will set some pov then it will be very difficult to clear it."

Riddhima was listening to him but back of the mind Shekhar's words were echoing in her ears.

Doctor : "Dr. Riddhima are you ok?"

Riddhima : "Yes doctor. When can I take him home?"

Doctor : "Mostly tomorrow. I want to keep him under observation as he is weak and having higher temperature. But nothing to worry about. He will fine soon." He smiled

Riddhima took his leave and came out of his cabin. She was walking through the corridor in a devstating condition. She was juggling between her feelings and her responsibilities. She was worried for Shekhar.

She entered into his room, her heart was wrenching seeing him in this state. She sat near his bed, a tear drop slipped from her eye. She caressed his head and kissed on his forehead.

"Beta ! I am sorry. I am the sole responsible for your condition. I know what you have gone through, name of this state is "trauma". But don't worry I will clear everything. Being your mother I will fulfill all my responsibilities towards you, because I love you so much beta."

She started crying. Shekhar didn't hear anything because still he was unconscious. Riddhima wiped tears and came out of his room.

She took her phone and dailed a number.

************************************

Vansh was in his room. He was so worried for Shekhar and Riddhima. He thought many times to call Riddhima for their well being but then he pacified himself "No! It will create more problems for Riddhima and if Shekhar will around her he will also demand to talk with me. No... No can't let that happen. I have to control emotions. I hope they must be fine."

He was dwelled in all those thoughts just then he received call from Riddhima.

He felt sense of relief that atleast she called him.

Vansh : "Hi Riddhima ! How are you? And how is Shekhar?"

Riddhima didn't reply his questions.
She straightly asked "Can you come to city hospital?"

Vansh was shocked hearing word hospital. "What?? Are you ok? Shekhar is ok? Who has been admitted to hospital?"

Riddhima : "Shekhar is in hospital. Don't worry he is doing well now. But I want to meet you. Can you come?"

Vansh : "Definitely. I will. I am reaching there in half and hour."

They put down the phone.

Vansh thought "What had happened and why she was sounding so worried. Lord please !! I so hope they both will be fine."

He left his home in hurry and made his way to hospital.

At hospital Riddhima was waiting for Vansh.

So guys this is it for this chapter.

What do you think why Riddhima has called Vansh to hospital?? What's running in her mind??

Next chapter will give answers of all these questions.

Till then stay happy and stay safe.