eight

BREAK UP WITH YOUR GIRLFRIEND I'M BORED, ARIANA GRANDE

Mads123123 Thanks for the Nightclub/The Manor edit! ❤

Making sure no one is in the office; I step out of the bathroom

Making sure no one is in the office; I step out of the bathroom. Turning the sharp corner towards the bookshelf, dagger in hand, I scan the book spines until I find what I'm looking for. Cain had made this little secret for me. He called it a haven. My ability to leave this place, mentally, while being physically here. We shared it. Our way to escape this place when we needed it most.

I place the dagger into the cut-out pages on top of the old iPod and earphones stashed inside. Closing the book, I place it back on the shelf. Hearing the click of heels on the ceramic floor, I hurried back into the bathroom. Barely made it back into the shower when Lindsay walked in with the dress in her hand. I pat dry myself with a fresh towel I found under the sink and dressed. I exit the bathroom once I'm ready. Lindsay is nowhere to be found until I open the door to the office. My heart almost jumped out of my chest when I saw her around the corner.

"Mr. Callahan and your father are waiting for you in the cage room," she says. "Do you know your way there?"

"I'll be fine," I say.

"Great!" she says. "I'll get your father's girls ready for delivery."

"Fantastic," I reply between my teeth. Of course, he traded Alba for girls to turn into dolls. Why should that surprise me?

Lindsay escorts me to the staircase leading to the second floor. I walk the steps on my own, leaving Lindsay to deal with her own self. She walks off to the right beside the stairs until I can no longer see her. I make it to the top of the stairs and make a beeline to the furthest room on the floor. The Cage Room, they call it. They had turned all the last ten rooms of the asylum into one big one, leaving a door in the middle room. I enter the room. They had installed cages - like jail cells - in there for the women they kept here. The windows were taken out and covered with sheetrock. The only light they had was the ceiling windows and the occasional lamp on the wall. Cain and my father stand before a cell. As I walk closer, I see Alba is already in it.