eleven

FEELING GOOD, NINA SIMONE & SWAY, ROSEMARY CLOONEY

Over a month ago, Matthew had come into my home like a knight in shining armor, wishing to protect the damsel

Over a month ago, Matthew had come into my home like a knight in shining armor, wishing to protect the damsel. He had. Being with him helped my state of mind. He told me to take all the time I needed away from work. Remodeling my bedroom has helped my state of mind too. I loved the lavender over the pink. All the stuffed animals that had once lined up the bookshelf in my bedroom now lived in the empty closet in the bathroom, along with anything that was in the bedroom that belonged to Valentina. The only stuffed animal that remained was the giant brown bear Matthew gifted me two weeks ago. Soft warmth has become my best friend every time I miss Matthew.

Now, I prepare for the Victorian-themed masquerade winter ball he and my father have put together to celebrate their renewed contract. Right on New Year's Eve. The invitations, made by my father, couldn't have been more obnoxious.

ADRIAN FERREIRA AND MATTHEW TAYLOR

humbly request the honor of your presence

MS. GENESIS FERREIRA

as we celebrate the renewal of our business contract between

MONARCH ENTERPRISES AND FERREIRA COSMETICS

This New Year's Eve at 8 P.M.

MONARCH MANOR

Los Angeles, California.

Attendance is mandatory.

Please dress with the following dress codes:

VICTORIAN-ERA

WINTER MASQUERADE BALL

Bold and italic glared at me, daring me to refuse. My father had made sure that I knew it, delivering the invitation to my bedroom himself. With it, he'd delivered a large white box. Burying it in the back of my closet for the past two weeks, I didn't bother to open it. Didn't even peek into it. I didn't know how I felt about it.