Chapter eighteen🐾

~Y/N POV~

You know this house has two dining rooms. One for show and parties or large gatherings. Then there's this small one off to the side of the large kitchen for everyone in the house hold to have a meal together. It's sort of nice to all be sitting together at the table.

Even Taehyung.

Who sits the furthest away from me at the table. I sat in between Namjoon and Jin the whole time while Hoseok and Jungkook made sure to sit in between Taehyung. He could if he wanted to, jump over the table to lunge at me but he hasn't even looked at me the whole time. So that makes me feel a little better and plus he still has that shocker collar around his neck. I still hope that never gets used on him, I wouldn't like to witness that.

He may have attacked me and permanently scarred me but I don't wish harm to him.

I don't hold grudges for long I guess.

Although with everyone talking and eating all at them same time, I couldn't help but glance at Taehyung discreetly every now and then. He never caught me and no one else said anything but curiosity got the better of me.

I just wondered why he hate me so much. I just don't get it. Humans, I know he hates humans and I get that but the fact I've done absolutely nothing to him is what worries me. Personally I've done nothing to deserve such behaviour from him and the other hybrids here accepted me straight away so it seems. It's just him and I don't get why.

I hated hybrids but getting to know all these guys I can't help but start to really like them all. Getting to know each of them has what helped the most so if Taehyung was to get to know me then maybe he will start to be more okay with me.

At this point with my thoughts I think I was watching him for too long and quickly averted met gaze to my half eaten plate in front of me. He too was eating hut more like picking at his food more than the eating itself. Maybe he was just as uncomfortable about his as I was to begin with but starting to feel better about this. Even if it was my idea to begin with and Hoseok didn't like it one bit which is why he's sitting close to Taehyung right now making sure to sometimes watch what he's doing.

I missed what Jungkook said to Yoongi about something since I was too busy in my thoughts but whatever it was it made Namjoon laugh but Jin to scold him over the table.

I kept my head down but yet couldn't help the temptation to look up across the table again to see Taehyungs reaction to all this. Slowly and very subtle did I keep my head down yet used only my eyes to look across the table.

Only to regret it as soon as I did.

Our eyes met for a split second before we both tore our sights from one another

Our eyes met for a split second before we both tore our sights from one another. I literally stopped breathing and felt like my heart was going to pound out of my chest because I was caught red handed. Damn it.