Chapter twenty-four🐾

~Y/N POV~

Since over hearing their conversation yesterday I keep thinking about it. The curiosity was getting the better of me. Just to see what the rest of the world was like beyond the wooded forest and this house. It's all I've ever known as I was too young to remember what it was like when humans were the more dominant species.

I've seen pictures in my moms books of what the world was like. Tall buildings, parks and among other places. It use to intrigue me a lot and listening to my moms stories of the outside world, the world that was once ours. Her stories involved her growing up as a child and all the way to when she met my dad in high school. I would of loved to have grown up the way she did but sadly I did not. My parents tried their best with what they had, it's just infortune that after mu dad died, it all went down hill from there.

I somehow survived it all out in the wild and I guess you could say I'm lucky now to be sitting here with these hybrids in Jungkooks room watching him and Yoongi play Mario kart. Which reminds me, Jungkook has not yet beaten my new high scores.

When he finally noticed this morning it was so funny. I wasn't there with him when he first found out but his screaming was heard all over the house. I couldn't stop laughing and since then I've been in his room watching him try and beat it. First he tried just playing with me but no luck and since Yoongi popped in to see what we were doing he's now playing a round with him.

I was just laying on Jungkooks bed on my stomach watching the screen. Both Jungkook and Yoongi decided to sit in the floor, eyes glued to the screen but Jungkooks grunting out his frustration was quite funny.

They were busy playing a game but there was something I wanted to ask them, just to be sure of something but at the same time I didn't want to disturb their game. But it was almost finished. I think I'll just chance it.

"Hey could I ask you both a question?"

I looked to the back of each of their heads. Jungkook only grunted again and yet Yoongi quickly glanced over his shoulder to me and back to the screen.

"Sure what's the question?" Yoongi

Well here goes nothing.

"What exactly is a mate?"

Jungkooks controller slipped out his hands to the floor, his entire body freezing just to then turn his head to Yoongi who quickly paused the game and turned around on the floor to face me.

"Why do you ask that? It's pretty random." Yoongi

I sensed the nervousness coming from Yoongi after he chuckled and yet Jungkook still couldn't look at me but to stare at the side of Yoongis face.

"I was just wondering. Namjoon explained it to me once but I just wanted to make sure of something. So what it is?"

Yoongi exchanged a look with Jungkook just to sigh, placing his controller down and completely turning his body around to face me, sitting up on his knees.

"A mate to someone like us......is someone very special to that hybrid. They're beautiful in every way and someone that you can spend the rest of your life with. I think the best way to explain is like magnets. The two come together or how many shall I say, come together and just form a bond." Yoongi

"So what exactly would you feel for your mate then? Like say they walked into a room?"

Yoongi licked his lips but before he could speak Jungkooks voice cut him off but yet Jungkooks back was now facing me.

"It's like the world lights up around you and you know you could never love another as much as love your mate. So beautiful, breath taking even that when they look at you, you feel like you could pass out from the lack of oxygen. You just know that you would do anything for them, even if it means dying." Jungkook