VII

"hey, are you ready?" akaashi asked through the phone.

"yeah, i'm walking out." bokuto replied.

kuroo invited akaashi, bokuto, and kenma out for akaashis early birthday dinner, a very early birthday dinner. akaashis birthday was in 4 weeks. kuroo, bokuto, and kenma had planned everything, bokuto even said he would pay for everyone's meals. even though akaashi hated when people paid for his meals.

akaashi arrived at the restaurant and immediately saw bokuto, kuroo, and kenma. kuroo had his arm around kenma and surprisingly, kenma didn't have his game. well, at least he has table manners.

bokuto ran up to akaashi and gave him a bear hug, which akaashi was not prepared for and almost lost his balance. bokuto smelled like flowers and happiness, surprise, akaashi never really paid attention to bokuto smell even though they were together 24/7.

"happy early birthday!!" bokuto screamed into akaashis ear. akaashi felt a weird wave of happiness. akaashi was happy that bokuto was here. why?

"ow..thank you bokuto-san, now please let me go. i cannot breathe."

"hehe, sorry." bokuto let go of akaashi. "also i told you to stop calling me that."

"i forgot, sorry."

they exchanged hellos and walked into the restaurant. they walked up to the front desk.

"do you gentlemen have a reservation?"

"yes. it should be under kuroo." the waiter nodded and we went to a table far away. it was a four person booth. perfect.

akaashi and kenma sat on one side and bokuto and kuroo on the other.

"damn, i'm hungry." bokuto said loudly.

"bokuto-san, lower your voice." akaashi told him making kuroo chuckle.

"don't call me bokuto-san."

"mhm." akaashi paid no attention to what bokuto said. "what are you guys going to order?"

"i want steak." bokuto blurted.

"same." kuroo agreed.

akaashi gave a look to kenma like 'these weirdos share the same brain cells' they both smiled.

"uh, don't flirt with my boyfriend." kuroo jokingly said.

"shut up kuroo." kenma glared at him.

kuroo and kenma have been together for a while. it was on kenmas birthday that they realized they were soulmates (like it wasn't obvious). they aren't one of those sappy couples since kenma hates attention. they were like those 'i love you, but, i want to kick you' couples. they've known each other since birth, it's not a surprise when kenma bullies kuroo.

"kitten, what do you want?" kuroo asked kenma.

"not in public kuroo. i want the italian pasta dish." kuroo nodded.

"what are you going to eat, akaashi?"

"i think i'll have nanohana no karashiae."

"of course." bokuto said.

"shut up." akaashi glared at him, causing bokuto to smile.

akaashi looked back at his menu and saw from the corner of his eye bokuto staring at him, not like mad staring, it was more like 'wow' staring. akaashi then saw kuroo nudge bokuto out of his thoughts.

'cute.' akaashi thought to himself.