XI

'akaashi?'

'yes?' akaashi looked to his side and looked at his clock. it was 8pm, akaashi completely forgot he was supposed to see bokuto after seeing his family. he felt like absolute shit so of course it flew past his head. 'fuck. bokuto-san i'm sorry. i completely forgot and-'

'it's fine akaashi. can i still see you though?' akaashi felt so bad because he knows bokuto wasn't fine.

'yes, please come over. my parents left for work.'

'night shift?'

'mhm.'

'i'll see you soon.'

'i love you.'

'i love you too.' bokuto was upset. he knows, but he didn't want to talk about it.

akaashi paced around his room. he felt terrible for not seeing bokuto and in all. his body hurt and he was cold. he grabbed a grey hoodie and slipped on some sweatpants.

he heard light knocks on his door and ran to the door, almost falling. he opened it and saw his soulmate with tired eyes, a sad face, and of course bokutos sad hair, which droops down when he is sad.

"hi baby." bokuto spoke up.

"come in. let's go upstairs to my room." akaashi grabbed bokutos hand.

"i want to hug." akaashi smiled at bokutos request. akaashi quickly wrapped his arms around bokutos neck and hugged him tightly, even though 'tightly' wasn't tight at all. bokuto quickly hugged back.

they stood like this for a long time. just embracing each other. akaashi knew bokuto needed this. akaashi also needed this, even though he was sick. they had only started dating last night, but they were in love. no one can say anything different. they have always been in love.

akaashi quickly realized that he could get bokuto sick and pulled slowly away from bokuto, hoping he wouldn't get sick because of him.

"come-on, we can cuddle upstairs my love." bokuto nodded. they both quietly went upstairs and bokuto plopped on akaashis bed, making akaashi chuckled.

after akaashi laughed, he was struggling to breathe. he quickly went to the bathroom and spit. he crouched over the bathroom sink, trying to steady his breathing.

"akaashi?!" bokuto yelled. "baby what's wrong?!" bokuto came running into the bathroom.

"s-stay...away." akaashi started coughing. bokuto backed away, trying to give akaashi space. bokuto didn't care if he got sick.

"why-why didn't you tell me? is this why you didn't come?" akaashi nodded. bokuto felt relieved knowing akaashi wasn't avoiding him but was still concerned about his boyfriend who was now spiting out phlegm and gasping for air. "are you sick?" bokuto patted akaashis back.

"i-i-i dont..know."

"try steadying out your breathing. breathe only through your nose, slowly."

akaashi was slowly calming down. bokuto rubbed akaashis back up and down.

"i'm right here baby."

"i think i'm good for now. you should leave. we don't know what i have and i could get you sick." akaashi drank water bokuto had.

"no."

"bokuto-san."

"don't call me that." akaashi smiled as bokuto dragged out the 'that' part. "i wanna cuddle. even if it's just you laying on my chest. i don't care."

akaashi gave in and they both walked to the bed. bokuto laid down and akaashi laid down after him. akaashi slowly laid his head on bokutos chest, knowing if he did it fast he would have another cough attack.

bokutos steady beating heart made akaashi calm. akaashis heart started beating at the same pace as bokutos, like they were in unison.

"you better not get mad if i get you sick." akaashi said as he wrapped an arm around bokutos stomach.

"i could never be mad at you baby." bokuto racked his hands though akaashis black hair. akaashi smiled and slowly fell asleep on his soulmates chest.