XVIII

it was day 4 at training camp. it was night and bokuto had just came out from the shower. bokuto was training hard the last couple of days. his spikes were getting stronger and he was feeling good.

bokuto went to the cafeteria and called akaashi while he was eating dinner, they did every night.

"hi baby." bokuto spoke through the phone.

"hey my love. how's everything?"

"good. i practiced with hinata for a bit. kuroo and kenma said they wish you were here."

"i wish i was there too. i miss you a lot."

"i miss you too."

"what are you having for dinner?" akaashi stood up and went to his kitchen, he grabbed a bottle of water from the fridge and went back to his room.

"mashed potatoes and some left over beef, oh! and water."

"that's good."

"what did you have?"

"two onigiri and fish my mother made."

"sounds way better than what i'm having." bokuto chuckled though the phone.

"when you come back we can go get onigiri."

"you mean pick up? you're too delicate to go outside."

"yeah.." akaashi paused. "do you think-"

"bokuto!" akaashi heard kuroos voice.

"yeah?"

"there closing the cafeteria and everyone's playing cards, come-on you dumb owl!"

"oh shit." akaashi heard movement from the other line.

"bokuto?"

"sorry baby. i'll text you later! i love you."

"oh, it's fine. i love you too." akaashi hung up the call.

the four days that bokuto has been gone, have been living hell for akaashi. his cough attacks have grown worse. he could barley eat, his throat was sore from all the coughing he has done, so he lied about eating to bokuto, he had only been drinking water for 2 days, making him skinny and much more delicate than bokuto thinks.

akaashi laid in bed, trying to find something to watch on his television, when the heart on his love box began to spin. akaashi smiled as he lifted the top,

[ you're beautiful baby ( ≧∀≦ ) i love you never forget that <3333 ]

akaashi smiled as he put the top back on his little box.

'thank you bokuto-san. i love you too.'

'you're welcome baby, shit i'm losing.' akaashi chuckled.

akaashi got up from his bed, he might have gotten up too quickly because the second he was on his feet he had gotten a cough attack. akaashi ran to his bathroom and leaned over the skin. coughing and coughing multiple time. not stopping.

'in through your nose and out through your mouth.' akaashi thought to himself it took him about 10 minutes to actually calm down. with our bokuto, akaashi was a mess.

he looked at himself in the mirror and remember what bokuto sent,

"i'm not the beautiful akaashi, bokuto thinks i am.." akaashi spoke to himself.

akaashi was skinny, pale, and gloomy. he hasn't seen sunlight in the last week causing him to be almost green. since bokuto was the only one who took him out he couldn't go outside on his own, even if it were just to the backyard to see the sun. he wasn't eating, since he couldn't swallow. he was sad and frustrated that he couldn't see his soulmate.

akaashi had grown more sick in only a couple days.

it was the next day and bokuto called akaashi for their daily dinner call but akaashi declined.

'i'm sorry my love..i can't call today.'

'oh it's fine! we can do this for today. is everything alright?'

'i lost my voice..' akaashi said softly.

'what? why?'

'i've been having many cough attacks, more than usually. so all the coughing made me lose my voice and it hurts to speak.' akaashi said plainly.

'you've been having more cough attacks? why didn't you tell me?'

'for this exact reason, i didn't want you to worry.' akaashi fidgeted with his fingers.

'well-now i'm more worried that you told me late.'

'i'm fine.'

'can i even believe you?' akaashi wanted to say no. right then and there. but he couldn't. 'wait i didn't mean it like that..baby i'm so sorry. i just hate seeing you like this. you seem to be in so much pain all that time and i can't help.'

'i'll try communicating with you more, ok?'

'yes, yes. please.'

'of course, my love. how was your day?'

bokuto went on with how his day went which made akaashis heart warm. he loved when bokuto spoke. even if it were dumb comments.

he loved everything about bokuto. akaashi couldn't ask for a better soulmate.