XIV

bokuto and akaashi went into the hospital for akaashis weekly check-up. it was a pain. bokuto hated the way hospitals smelled, he hated hospitals in general. akaashi was just tired of his pneumonia. he wanted to be able to breath properly. he wanted to play volleyball without getting a cough attack, he wanted to go places with bokuto.

akaashi was in so much pain. he hated every second of it. akaashi glanced over at bokuto as he scanned around the elevator. akaashi knew bokuto hated hospitals. he never knew the reason why. he never really asked, so he understood why he was never told.

"bok-" akaashi spoke but was quickly shushed by bokuto, which shook him a little.

"come-on." the elevator doors opened and bokuto grabbed akaashis hand. bokuto lead akaashi though the hallway, down to his doctors room. bokuto was pulling hard on akaashis arm, akaashi had grown really skinny and fragile so it hurt when bokuto pulled him.

"b-bokuto." he didn't stop. "bokuto." nothing. "bokuto-san." nothing again. "bokuto-san! you're hurting me! stop!" akaashi said a bit louder.

akaashi quickly snatched his arm away. bokuto paused and turned around to face akaashi.

"aka-"

"i don't care if you don't like hospitals! you were hurting me."

"akaashi.."

"you need to be more careful with me. i'm sick! what if-"

"keiji! my mother died in this hospital." akaashi froze, bokuto never called akaashi by his first name. he not even once. bokuto looked at his feet in embarrassment. "i-i know that's no excuse for pulling you so hard. i'm sorry. i really am. my intention was never to hurt you. i hate this hospital a lot, i know i say i hate hospitals a lot but i truly hate this one. i have a lot of bad memories here. i lost my mother here and i c-cant lose you too. i'm so sorry baby." bokuto didn't look at akaashi once, which made akaashi feel even more terrible. akaashi didn't even know what to say. he was speech less.

"bokuto..you never told me. i'm so sorry. i can transfer to another hospital if this one makes you uneasy."

"no, no."

"bokuto." bokuto raised his head and saw akaashi. "i'm not mad. i'm so sorry for yelling at you."

"akaashi." bokuto whined like a child giving akaashi a hug. "i love you. i love you. i love you."

"i love you too bokuto." akaashi racked his hands though bokutos hair, comforting him that everything was ok. "i'm so sorry..i knew your mother was gone, but i never

thought about it that way. i'm so sorry."

"i-i just..fuck. you didn't even do anything wrong it's just that my mom passed when i was in junior high. that same year my volleyball team abandoned me because i was 'annoying' and too loud," bokuto chuckled, but he was hurt deep down, akaashi never knew bokutos junior high team left him. "and m-my father started to become stressed about work, and he started to become aggressive, he has never laid a hand on me, but he does say a lot of hurtful things." bokuto paused. "i wanted to quite volleyball because of that, i lost all hope for a long time. but it was my last year in junior high so i didn't want to quite just yet, i also wanted to keep playing because deep down i knew i was good..i wanted to keep going so i could get into a national team or something so i could make money and help my dad." he took another paused and looked at akaashi. "then i met our team and it brought me hope. i finally found a team that loved me for me. then i met you and i was complete, now the team was complete. but so was i.."

"i'm so sorry bokuto..i hope you know you're not annoying what so ever. none of that should have ever happened to you."

"you're forgiven. now give me a kiss." akaashi wrapped his arms around bokutos neck and placed his lips on bokutos.

they kissed for a while. akaashi needed to cough so bad, but he didn't want to ruin the moment. akaashis eyes went wide and pulled from bokuto quickly, shocking bokuto.

"baby are you-" bokuto asked akaashi as he started coughing. "akaashi, breathe only though your nose." bokuto rubbed akaashis back slowly.

"i'm-i'm fine." after a couple minutes akaashi seemed to calm down "come-on. let's hurry and get out of here. we can get onigiri after." akaashi smiled and held out his hand for bokuto to grab.

"yay!" bokuto linked his hand with akaashi, giving him a kiss on the cheek making akaashi blushed.

akaashi is in his happiest when he is with bokuto, bokuto could say the same.