XX

bokuto laid in his bed for a good 5 hours. sobbing his eyes out, when he thought the tears were done, he would look around his room and everything reminded him of akaashi.

"i'm-im so-sorry my love." bokuto hugged his pillow as tears poured down his face. "y-you were good..when we-we talked. what h-h-happened?"

bokuto leaned over and grabbed his phone from the nightstand. he needed his friends. he had to tell them.

from : bokuto (sent at 1:07pm)

[ can i come over? ]

from : kuroo (sent at 1:07pm)

[ i'm at kenmas, he said u could come. is everything alright? ]

from : bokuto (sent at 1:07pm)

[ i'll b there in 20 mins. ]

from : kuroo (sent at 1:07pm)

[ alright ]

"be prepared." kuroo told kenma.

"why?"

"i have a bad feeling." kenma nodded.

"there's no way he's gone.." kuroo said as held back the tears as he rubbed kenmas back.

"i know.." bokuto

"he was only 17.." kenma spoke. "i hate the world. what the fuck? he was so young." kenma raised his head and kicked the floor.

"kitten calm down.."

"i fucken hate this. i hate everything. life is unfair."

"i know.." kuroo took kenmas head to his chest.

"i'm so sorry." kenma looked at bokuto.

"it's fine, i cried for like 5 hours before i called."

"i can't imagine what's going through your head.." kuroo looked at bokuto.

"i don't even know what to think anymore. i know he's gone. but i-i just can't."

"life sucks ass." kuroo said

"agreed. i should probably tell the team." kuroo nodded.

"i know he's gone but-but at the same time..he isn't to me. i'm such a bitch."

"why?" kuroo looked up to bokuto in concern.

"i told his mother if they could make it closed casket."

"that's not being a bitch, if kuroo died i wouldn't want to see his lifeless body in a casket, dressed well. that would just make me lose it." kenma said as he looked up and wiped away his tears.

"yeah that's basically what i said."

"i agree with kenma." kuroo said squeezing kenma a little.

"thank you. also, sorry but i'm gonna use your bed." bokuto plopped face first onto kenmas bed.

"it's fine, i understand." kenma said as kuroo comforted him and as kenma comforted kuroo.

all 3 of them can agree that they all were broken.

valentine's day, keijis funeral.

"thank you for coming. i know it's hard." akaashis mother said as she shook bokutos hand.

"anything for keiji." he hugged her and walked into the venue. bokuto looked forward and saw the team.

"b-bokuto.." konoha spoke first, the whole team was sobbing in disbelief.

"all of you come here." bokuto held out his arms as they were quickly embraced by the whole team, almost knocking him over.

"we're so-so sorry.." komi said. "we-we didn't t-think he was actually going to p-p-pass."

"i don't think anyone in this room did." bokuto said trying to hold back the tears.

"how have you...been holding up?" sarukui politely asked.

"balling my eyes out and stuff. i assume none of you have gone to school?" they all nodded. "i-i know stepping onto that court will be hard without him but..we can do it. we will play to win, for keiji." the whole team nodded and hugged again, tears slipping out. when bokuto pulled from the hug konoha pointed behind him,

"bokuto-san.." bokutos heart hurt. he never wanted to hear 'bokuto-san' again. he slowly turned around and saw hinata with his team.

"oh my-" bokuto lost his words. "thank you so much for coming." bokuto bowed and embraced hinata.

"it's the least we could do plus akaashi was a friend to us."

"you guys came all the way from miyagi?" bokutos eyes went wide.

"the drive isn't that long, we've done it multiple times. don't worry." daichi walked forward and reassured bokuto.

"bokuto.." bokuto turned around and saw kuroo, kenma, and akaashis mother. "it's our turn to speak." bokuto nodded.

all 3 of them walked up to the podium, kuroo and kenma stood behind bokuto as he started to speak,

"h-hello.." bokuto paused when everyone turned to him, the sudden attention made him uneasy. "i'm bokuto koutarou. i was aka- keijis soulmate." bokuto stopped talking when he heard little gasps and chatter from the crowd. "a little shocking i know but that doesn't matter. i don't even know where to start. keiji was a talented, beautiful, amazing, and so much more. he didn't de-deserve to die this young. it came out of no where too. it's heartbreaking to take in, and he was an amazing and car-caring person. he made me feel special while i was going through something.." bokuto had to pause he wiped the tears that were pouring down his face, he felt kuroo rub his back. "i'm sorry. as i was saying, he brought light into my life when it was only darkness. i'm sure when he walked into a dark room he was the only light. i lost my mother at a young age, my father was also in a dark place and i was bullied for most of my junior year. but when i got into high school, he was one of the few people who accepted my wildness and the team of course. i'll forever thank him for that because if it wasn't for keiji, i wouldn't be here. thank you." bokuto wiped the tears away and stood behind kuroo and kenma as they went up to speak.

bokuto stood there and looked at the floor, just staring and thinking about keiji. he looked over to his casket and tears poured down his face. he looked back at the ground and stood there silently, fumbling with his fingers.

once kuroo and kenma were done talking, all 3 of them were in tears. they all hugged and walked outside. they didn't leave, they just stood outside, feelings the breeze of early february hit their skin.

akaashi keiji was gone.