XXI

it had been a week since keijis funeral, bokuto didn't go to school. he told his father that keiji was his soulmate, his father was disappointed but keiji was already gone so none of it matters now.

bokuto was laying in bed. when his phone began to ring.

"bokuto speaking."

"hello, it's keijis mother."

"o-oh hello! how are you and the family holding up?" bokuto sat up straight.

"us? oh, we are doing better but still hurts."

"i understand."

"but how are you?"

"i'm..better. still crying every day."

"i'm so sorry." her voice was nervous which made bokuto fumble with his fingers.

"no, no. it's fine!"

"i hate asking but..i'm going to clean out his room. may you come over?"

"o-oh..yeah, sure. i'll be over in like 20 minutes."

"ok, thank you."

"see you then. bye bye." bokuto hung up the call.

bokuto wanted to take everything in that room but couldn't, so he prepared himself. he took a bag with him and walked to keijis home.

this was going to hurt like hell.

"just take anything you want. i'll be throwing everything out and blocking the door. it hurts too much."

"o-okay. thank you." bokuto bowed.

he opened the door to keijis door and heart break hit.

bokuto looked around and tears started coming. he first looked through keijis drawers. he found nothing that really interested, accept keijis jersey, his fukurodani zip-up and to his surprise, bokutos fukurodani zip-up. why is this here? bokuto wonder. then he remembered, keiji never gave it back. bokuto smiled and took those 3.

he looked through his side bed tables and found baby pictures of keiji, pictures of the team, pictures of bokuto and keiji, some pens. bokuto took the picture and put them in his bag.

bokuto looked on top of the side bed tables and saw an owl figure. bokuto remembered that he gave that to keiji. he gave it to him as a symbol of gratefulness. he did so much for the team and was basically the heart of the team. he smiled and put it in the bag.

next to it was bokuto and keijis ring. bokuto had given keiji a black ring for their 1 year friend anniversary. both keiji and bokuto never took it off. bokuto slipped it into his pocket as more tears poured down.

he looked around and found a couple more things that reminded bokuto of keiji and put them into the bag. he walked out of the room and wiped his tears away.

"i'll love you forever keiji." bokuto smiled and closed the door.

5 years later

april 11th

"i'm here with the black jackals other wing spiker, bokuto koutarou."

"hey hey hey!" bokuto waved at the camera.

"so, the fans want to know about your love life. what do you have to tell us?" hinata, atsumu, and sakusas eyes went wide as they hear the question.

"um..well." bokuto chuckled nervously, he looked back at the team, and they were all shaking their heads.

"oh, come on! don't be shy." the interviewer smiled. if only she knew.

"i don't feel comfortable talking about them.."

"aww come on. we see you always wear that black ring, and have that one on the string." the interviewer pointed to bokuto necklace which held keijis ring. bokuto never took of either.

"hey, i think he said he didn't want to-" sakusa spoke sternly, but was quickly cut off by bokuto,

"i lost my soulmate at age 18." bokuto said as he fumbled with his fingers. sakusas eyes went wide and he stepped back. "and no one will ever replace him. thank you." bokuto stood up and bowed.

"let's go." atsumu grabbed bokutos arm, and they left.

they all silently walked out.

"you didn't have to do that.." bokuto looked at sakusa.

"i hate interviews and that lady pushed it." sakusa might be annoyed of them all the time, but he sticks up for the team. he hates when people are persistent, that's why he hates doing interviews.

"aw lil sakusa sticking up for the team." atsumu looked at him in awe as he patted his head.

"don't touch me miya." sakusa slapped atsumus hand away causing the whole team to laugh, except atsumu.

"omi!" atsumu whined as sakusa flipped him off.

"oh! i'll see you guys later." bokuto ran off.

"bye bokuto!" hinata waved to bokuto as he ran off.

"why don't ya call him 'bokuto-san' anymore?" atsumu asked with a confused face.

"keiji used to call him that, bokuto hated it. it was like a force of habit for keiji, i know if i call him that he's gonna get sad and stuff so i stopped. also, he stopped addressing keiji by his last name and i caught on. i don't know the reason for that though." hinata shrugged.

"i understand. where is he goin'? it ain't friday." atsumu asked since every friday, bokuto goes to see keijis grave.

"they met 7 years ago today, i'm pretty sure." hinata said as the team walked off.