XVI

"bokuto, you have a package!" his father called him from downstairs.

"ok coming!" bokuto immediately knew what it was. he ran down the stairs in excitement. "thanks dad." bokuto picked up the package from the living room table.

"what is it?" his father questioned him.

"something for akaashi." bokuto smiled.

"is he going to be ok? you seem attached to him."

"i'm not..sure." bokuto picked at the tape from the package. he hated saying that.

"i just don't want you getting hurt if something does actually happen to him."

"i know.."

"i'm going to work." bokuto nodded as his father walked out of the house.

bokuto slowly went up the stairs. he hated not knowing if akaashi was going to be ok. he hated everything. he wanted akaashi to be healthy. he just wanted him to be ok. it's all he asks for.

'akaashi?'

'hey, love.' when akaashi said that bokuto felt butterflies everywhere.

'can i come over in a bit?'

'yeah, of course.'

'i got you a present.' bokuto stretched out the 'present' part.

'what? why?'

'just because you know?'

'i don't know..' akaashi paused. 'bokuto you have to stop spending your money on me, we don't know what will happen to me.'

'don't say it like that..it wasn't even that expensive.'

'but-'

'akaashi, i just want you to accept the gift ok? so please.'

'fine.'

'i love you, i'll see you soon.'

'i love you too.'

once bokuto wrapped the present, he put it into his backpack and dashed out the door. he ran to akaashi house, which wasn't even that far.

he finally arrived to his lovers house and knocked on the door. after a couple seconds akaashi opened the door.

"hey my love." akaashi hugged bokuto.

"hi baby!"

"come in." they both pulled from the hug.

bokuto walked into akaashis home. he was blessed by the smell of akaashi. just akaashi keiji. he loved it.

"let's go upstairs."

they walked up the stairs hand in hand. bokuto rubbed his thumb on the back of akaashis hand just because. they made it to akaashis room and walked inside.

"ok sit on the bed!" bokuto said happily.

"you spoil me too much.." akaashi rolled his eyes and sat on the bed. bokuto sat in between akaashis legs, crisscross applesauce.

"shut up." bokuto slowly took out the present. "here." the present was wrapped in owl print wrapping paper.

"cute.." akaashi mumbled.

"ahh bokuto-san you spoil me too much, blah blah blah." bokuto mimicked akaashi. "ok here. open it."

akaashi slowly tarred the wrapping paper. which revealed a box. akaashi took the box and moved the crumbled wrapping paper away.

"i swear if this is one of those things that has like one hundred smaller boxes inside, i'm going to dump you."

"no, no, no! just open the damn box awkashi." bokuto pouted and sounded like a 5-year-old.

"fine, fine." akaashi slowly lifted the lid from the box. "oh my god..bokuto."

"i just thought i would get you one, so while i'm at training camp you don't feel lonely."

"this is so unnecessary since we can literally talk to each other through our brains but it's adorable. thank you love." akaashi leaned over to bokuto and kissed him.

in front of akaashi was a 'love box'. a little box where one lover can send messages to the one who has the box. the little heart on the front of the box spins when you have received a message. it was a dumb little thing but akaashi has secretly always wanted one.

"so you like it?" bokuto asked.

"i love it. thank you." akaashi brought his hand to bokuto cheek and rubbed his thumb on his cheek bone.

"good! i'll be spamming it so make sure you check it. i already connected it to my phone and it has batteries."

"let's test it out."

"ohh yes." bokuto took out his phone and started typing. "hehe. sent."

they both looked at the box, the heart span in a circle. akaashi lifted the top and saw,

[ hi baby (*' ꒳ '*) ]

which made him smile.

"god, i hate you." bokuto blurted as he put his face in his hands.

"what did i do?" akaashi was confused.

"you made me fall in love with you. literally anything you do is prefect. i don't understand how you do it. god, i love you."

"you're so cheesy, it's cute. i love you too."

"hehe." bokuto smiled.

they both couldn't be more in love.