VIII

"bokuto bro! your room is so cool!" kuroo yelled.

a couple of days had passed since akaashi early birthday dinner. bokuto had invited akaashi, kuroo, and kenma over to his house since his mother wasn't home.

"bokuto-san, where is your father?" akaashi asked as he sat down in one of the bean bags bokuto had scattered around his room. kuroo was at akaashis desk chair and kenma was across the room from akaashi on another bean bag.

"i'm not answering your question." bokuto said as he crossed his arms and sat on his bed.

"huh? why?" akaashi was genuinely confused.

"i told you not to call me that." bokuto pouted making akaashi let out a giggle which made bokuto flustered.

kuroo bumped him and laughed. bokuto glared at kuroo. akaashi, thankfully, seeing none of it.

"it's a habit, now come-on. where is he?"

"n-night shift. he'll be home at like 6am." akaashi nodded and looked at his phone, it was only 6:23pm. they had plenty of time. "what do you guys wanna do?"

"nothing." kenma said with our emotion.

"sorry, he doesn't know what fun is." kuroo glared at kenma.

"oh, shut up." kuroo quickly got up and sat right on kenma. "get off fat ass! you're gonna squish me!"

"i like it here." kuroo said proudly.

"i'm gonna murder you." kenma blurted making bokuto laugh and akaashi chuckle.

"ahh." kuroo screamed sarcastically. kuroo started to play with loose strands of kenmas hair. "you need a hair cut."

"no, i don't."

"yes, you do."

"don't."

"do.

"i don't."

"..you do."

"no-"

"both of you shut up. let's watch a movie or something. i need to lay down, my neck hurts because i slept weird last night." bokuto interrupted the love birds.

"what movie?" kuroo asked.

"i don't care." bokuto said.

akaashi got up and passed the control to kuroo, kenma quickly snatched it out of his hands.

"ima put on avatar." kenma said proudly causing everyone, even kuroo, to give him a strange look. "what? it's a good show." they all laughed and kenma put on avatar.

akaashi walked back to the bed and laid down. his face looking up at the ceiling, which bokuto had covered with different stickers and pins.

akaashi was closing his eyes when he felt someone hovering over him. he quickly opened them and saw bokuto hovering above him, bokuto smiled and laid down where akaashi could still see his head. bokuto smiled down at akaashi.

"what do you want?" akaashi asked because bokuto was being oddly clingy.

"nothing." bokuto said innocently making akaashi hummed.

"bokuto-san."

"don't call me that."

"sorry." akaashi chuckled. "is your neck okay?"

"not really, it hurts like a bitch." bokuto rubbed his neck.

"here." akaashi removed bokutos hand from his neck. akaashi then raised his hand and placed it on bokutos neck. he started to apply pressure, feelings bokuto stiff neck soften every time he applied more pressure. "jesus, did you sleep on a rock? it's so stiff."

"shut up." bokuto let out a chuckle. "it feels a lot better.." bokuto said quietly, akaashi spotted bokuto getting a little bit red, as if he was blushing causing akaashi to become warm inside. "thank you, akaashi." bokuto smiled.

"i'm glad." akaashi continue to rub bokutos neck for a while. "bok-"

"hey, love birds! look at meeee!" kuroo yelled. both akaashi and bokuto looked at kuroo. at that exact moment they heard a camera click. akaashi quickly realized kuroo had taken a picture. "aww. kenma look!" kuroo showed the phone to kenma.

"cute." kenma said softly.

"let me see." bokuto said. kuroo showed them the phone and there was akaashi under bokuto rubbing his neck, and bokuto above akaashi blushing like there was no tomorrow. they both had confused expressions on. "we look good, send me that."

"me too, please." kuroo nodded but still had a very 'huh' expression on.

"wait, so you guys..just act like this?" kuroo questioned the two.

"not really, but we're so comfortable with each other that it's not weird." akaashi told kuroo but at the same time akaashi felt his heart sting, he didn't like saying they were friends.

kuroo just nodded in 'agreement'. he turned around and sat back with kenma.

'kuroo?' kenma thought to kuroo.

'hm?'

'you know they definitely like each other.' kenma thought, kuroo actually nodded in agreement this time.

kenma and kuroo would glance up at the time to time to see them just talking to each other or would see one of them staring, akaashi staring up at bokuto or bokuto staring down at akaashi. kuroo took one last glance at bokuto and akaashi to see them still in the same position but now just watching the show.

'they're so dumb.' kuroo thought to himself and chuckled.