XIX

it was the last day at training camp. bokuto was so excited to see akaashi he could bounce off the walls. it was nighttime so that made bokuto way more excited.

kuroo, kenma, and bokuto sat in the cafeteria to play cards but ended up talking instead.

"only.." bokuto looked at the clock, it was 8:11pm. "only like 14 more hours until i can see the love of my life." bokuto exclaimed to kuroo and kenma.

"you're so in love, it's gross." kenma spoke.

"kuroo literally has his arm around you and shows you love 24/7, plus i couldn't be more in love so thank you for reminding me."

bokuto told out his phone and sent a love box message to akaashi,

[ i'm literally so in love w u it hurts <333 ]

bokuto smiled and put his phone away.

"do you think he'll be ok?" kuroo asked.

"you ask me this every time. i hate hearing about how my boyfriend is dying." bokuto let out a hurtful chuckle.

"sorry.."

"it's fine, it just-hurts. i pray every night that he'll be ok."

"i do too.." kenma stated. "i might hate talking to people but akaashi is a good person to talk to. he lets you just pour your emotions out and helps everyone with anything. i know if i saw him right now, like him being sick, i would break down. me and him talked about everything together, he was one of the first people i told about liking kuroo. i messaged him a couple days ago too, and he said he was doing fine." kuroo nodded.

"it sucks man..i'm sorry that he has to go through this and so do you."

"i hate everything. not everything but i just hate how he got sick out of no where. his health is amazing. i don't understand." bokuto laid his head on the table.

"i'm so sorry.." kuroo patted bokutos head.

"it's fine. let's talk about something different."

deep down kuroo and kenma both knew it wasn't fine. bokuto was hurting more than anyone right now, but they let him change the subject, it's better they change it now before bokuto starts overthinking everything.

'bokuto-san?'

'don't call me that." akaashi smiled as bokuto dragged out the 'that' as always. "but hey hey hey! baby! i was about to go to talk to you. i can't wait for tomorrow.' bokuto said with excitement.

'oh i can't wait either. i feel a lot better actually. i'm not sure if i'm healing but my mother called the doctor and said that i was feeling much better, so they scheduled an appointment for tomorrow.' akaashi wasn't lying at all, he was feeling a lot better earlier, his mother did schedule an appointment but now he felt terrible and very tired. he didn't know what to do.

'oh my god! baby, that's amazing! i cant wait to see you.'

'i can't wait either.'

'but i'm sleepy right now, so i'll talk to you tomorrow baby.'

'i'm about to go to sleep too..' akaashi paused. 'goodnight my love.'

'goodnight! i love you baby.' bokuto said in a sleepy voice.

'i love you too,' after a while akaashi knew bokuto had fallen asleep. akaashi was in so much pain but at the same time he wasn't. he was very tired. he could barley keep his eyes open but the pain didn't help. he didn't know what to do. he couldn't call for his mother since his voice was strained. he just laid in his bed.

'even though you're asleep, i love you. i love you so much. i'll never stop loving you. never in my life.' akaashi realized and chuckled as he was slowly losing his fight between him and death. 'goodbye bokuto-san..i know if you were awake you would have yelled at me to not call you that. i'm sorry. it pains me when you worry about me. i'm so sorry. i love you with everything i have. please never for-forget about me. thank you so much for everything you did for me. i love you so much, sleep well my love. i will say it again bokuto koutarou, i love you more than anything and a-anyone.' akaashi closed his eyes for the final time.

the finale surge - this surge of energy may be quite a bit less noticeable but is usually used as a dying person's final physical expression before moving on. the surge of energy is usually short, and the previous signs become more pronounced as death approaches.

bokuto just walked out of the bus and was walking to his home when he received a phone call.

"hello?"

"koutarou.." it was akaashis mother, her voice was shaky which startled bokuto.

"is everything ok? did akaashi get hurt?" bokuto was ready to run to akaashis home.

"h-he's gone.." bokuto stopped in his tracks.

"wh-what? no. no. he can't. i-i talked to him last night, he told me he-he was doing good. he c-can't."

"he was! he was doing so good..i-im so sorry.."

"no..." bokuto paused and tried to calm himself. "when-when is his funeral.." he's voice was terribly shaky.

"as soon as possible, so maybe monday." her voice was shaky.

"may i ask something?"

"yes of course."

"ca-can it be closed casket?" bokutos voice was shaky, and he couldn't say things right.

"oh..yes."

"i'm sorry but that is my only request. i think if i see his lifeless body in a casket, i will go insane."

"i understand."

"thank you."

"of course..please stop by after the funeral if you can."

"i will..thank you. i'm so sorry."

"you too." bokuto hung up the call and stood outside of his home in shock.

his soulmate was gone. forever.