2

you:
u still there?

partner:
Yeah.

you:
so what now?

partner:
Are you in high school?

you:
second year.

partner:
Okay.

you:
ah, shoot I gtg. nice talking

partner:
Yeah.

you:
btw can I have your usn if it's ok
with u? mine's @meijire

partner:
I'll message you when I can. See you. :)

you:
see ya bye!

END | chat has been terminated

You flopped back onto your chair and sighed, obviously exhausted. Customers finally came to the convenience store you're working in.

You come to work in your aunt's convenience store as an assistant/cashier every dismissal time to save time, and as well as to save money. Your aunt entrusted the convenience store to your care because she believes you're the only one who is capable enough to handle it and she is always busy with her other job.

Upon finishing your other tasks such as arranging the goods in their proper places and sweeping the floor, you headed back to the counter with a poker face. You heard the door swing— the bell hanging against created a loud sound, signaling that a customer just came in. Not just a customer, but customers.

They were really noisy, extremely noisy, especially the tall red-headed one. You didn't pay much mind to them as you believed they were just another customers who came in to buy what they wanted. As a cashier, you patiently waited at the counter still having the same poker face you had since the day started.

The tall ash-blonde guy placed the things he wanted to buy on the counter with a straight face. You immediately tapped each one of them— the machine eliciting a toot sound every time it made contact with the product.

"260 yen," You said with the usual professional tone you always practiced beforehand. Your gaze was set on the computer in front of you. He wasn't looking at you either when he handed the money, "Thanks." You followed after taking the it.

With a gentle smile, you placed them all in the plastic bag before handing them back to him. "Thank you. Come again." Your voice was gentle; it had a tired tone underlying in it. The ash-blonde guy didn't say much, but he nodded before walking towards the entrance of the shop where they came in.

"Semi semi, wait! I'm not done yet!" A familiar red-headed guy nearly screamed. His voice was so loud it echoed in your ears.

The ash-blonde guy looked back, clearly unfazed by his loud tone. It's like he was already used to it. "Tendou, hurry up. We only got a 20 minute break." He said with a neutral face.

Your gaze slowly shifted to them— to the ash blonde guy. His voice was soft and quiet but it was audible enough. You noticed the familiar dark pink jacket.

Oh. It's Shiratorizawa, my school. They must be the volleyball team. You heard your voice echo in your head as your gaze remained on them— especially the ash-blonde guy. He looked cuter the longer you stared at him.

"Miss? Miss. Are you there?" The red-haired guy spoke, briefly startling you with his loud yet gentle voice. He suddenly appeared right in front of you, "Where are the energy drinks?"

"A-ah sorry, I think they're out of stock."
Your breath was caught by your throat and you stuttered— Surprise could be sensed in your voice. Who wouldn't be? He suddenly appeared in front of the counter!

Why did he have to appear in front of you so suddenly?

You were so startled that panic rose from your feet, your cheeks turned a crimson hue color when you lifted your eyes and met with his.  You even inadvertently mention d that the drinks have already ran out of stock even though there were a lot in the back room waiting for them to be purchased by the athletes.

"I see. Okay then. Semi semi, let's go!" The red-haired guy swung his arms around his friend's shoulder as they headed to the exit of the store. He wasn't upset about it at least.

"Oh shit. No, wait—!" Your voice screamed panic for a second, but the two men have already walked out of the store. "Ugh! I suck at this job." You elicited a frustrated sigh before sitting back down on the chair.

AT NIGHT

The day was long; you were extremely exhausted from school and work. You walked back to your dorm with a neutral face you always wore and did the things you needed to do such as studying and overthinking every single thing you do. Your dinner was the spicy ramen you took from the convenience store (you paid for it) along with your friend, Shirabu Mikaela who was a year younger than you are.

You suddenly remembered the guy you talked with on OG chat bot for some reason so you scrolled back to the chat with a hopeful thought.

"Hmm, I guess it was too weird to give my username suddenly." You thought.

"Whatever." You reread the chat again and again and again.

"Ah! What the hell! I shouldn't have given my username!" You brought down your phone and rolled to the other side of the bed.

Fatigue overcame you and your eyes closed by themselves until your phone lit up when it received a notification. You quickly shot your eyes open and grabbed the phone with your right hand.

A message request from @semei!

-

Shirabu Mikaela is made up lmao, but in this story, she is Shirabu's sister hahaha!

Thank you so much for reading! <3