4

The sun was extremely bright as it penetrated through your cream colored curtains. The brilliant light hit your face, signaling you to wake up; it's time for school again.

"Good morning, Mika," You closed the door behind you while greeting your first-year dorm mate with a gentle smile.

"Good morning Y/N. How was your sleep?" She smiled back and flopped on the couch, "Great, I guess." You shrugged and walked towards the her with still sleepy eyes.

Mika let out a chuckle, "Are you ready to go?" She asked and skipped to your direction, intertwining your arms with hers. You lazily nodded your head and lowered your gaze with hers. She flashed a sweet smile yet again before dragging you towards the main door with an expeditious "Let's go!"

Since she was in first year and you were in second, you two had to part ways since her building was different from yours.

The clock main hand struck at 9 am, indicating that it was already recess time.

-

Like the usual, you stayed in the classroom since you didn't feel like eating at all, especially during recess time. Until, for some reason, you made an exception; you found yourself walking towards the cafeteria with a straight expression yet again.

"Y/N!" A familiar voice called. Your head turned to their direction and locked eyes with Mikaela, your dorm mate and friend. She was with her brother, Shirabu Kenjiro, along with two other familiar men.

You raised an eyebrow before walking towards her direction, you held your food with your right hand. "Come eat with us, YN! I have never seen you eat during recess before." She immediately scooted to the side, and patted the empty seat next with her hand, gesturing you to sit beside her.

You looked at her with your piercing yet empty gaze. Your self-effacing and hesitant ass refused to seat with them. "It's okay! You can eat with us!" The red-haired guy flashed a familiar and big smile.

Oh? Isn't he the guy yesterday?

"Okay... Thanks.." Your voice trailed lower, hesitance could be sensed if you listened carefully. Slowly, you sat down beside Mikaela and pursed your dry lips while placing the food you had just bought on the table. "Don't be shy, Y/n! It's just us!" Her hand met with your back— It stung! Her back smacks always stung!

You shot a superficial glare at Mikaela, but knowing her playful personality, she just laughed it off and shrugged.

"Hello Y/N, we meet again." Shirabu slightly raised his free hand and waved at you with a sweet and gentle smile. You plastered a gentle smile and waved back in return.

You knew Shirabu. After all, he is a second year student like you, a famous volleyball player at your school and the brother of your dear friend Mikaela.

"I'm Tendou Satori! Nice to meet you!"

"I'm Goshiki Tsutomu! Nice to meet you!"

"I'm L/N Y/N. It's nice to meet you too." you bowed your head nervously. You were always nervous around unfamiliar people.

"Oh, by the way, Where's Semi?" Mikaela asked, curiosity could be sensed in her tone, "He's skipping recess today. He has class duties." Tendou replied while munching on his food; Mikaela slowly nodded. Your mind flew somewhere and you were clearly distracted but no one paid mind to it thankfully. So they continued to talk with one another until the bell rang again.

-

Mikaela has started calling . . .

"Hello, Mika?" You answered the phone with a quiet voice.

"Y/N! are you going to work at the convenience store today?"

"Yes. Why?"

"Oh. I was going to ask you if it would be okay for you to watch the boys' volleyball team practice with me?"

"Sorry, Mika. I'm gonna pass for today."

"Oh, I see. Next time then. Stay safe
Y/N! see you later!" She sounded slightly disappointed, but nonetheless, she understood your situation and that you wanted to work instead of accompanying her.

You ended the call and placed your phone in your pocket before heading to the convenience store.