Chapter 30

After the celebration at the newly named Kitsune Village, we had a rather quiet run back home since their were no civilians slowing them down.

Kushina was carrying Sakura.

We landed in Minato's office, Team 7 going through the door and Team 11 going through the window, and the Anbu on duty almost bowed to me but caught themselves quickly and nodded instead.

"Welcome back. Here is your payment for the mission." Minato handed Orochimaru and Kushina the money. "You are dismissed."

With that, I immediately walked out of the office. Walking slowly through the village ignoring everyone that glared at me, I make my way to the Uchiha District on the outskirts of the village.

I remember when Madara heard. He immediately flipped out, almost going full blue susanno as he ranted about not killing the white haired, red eyed, fucking asshole of a second Hokage when he had the chance and how Hashirama shouldn't have made that Uchiha-hater his successor to the Hokage mantel.

Sitting at the kitchen table, I silently waited for them to notice me. Mikoto was busy making dinner and Fugaku was busy reading a scroll. I smile softly just as Mikoto turned around, dropping the bowl in her hands as she screamed. "Sorry. Sorry." I said easily with amusement as I handed her the bowl again. Fugaku looked over at us.

"Don't do that Naruto!" She scolded, holding a hand to her chest to calm her racing heart. Fugaku tried to hold in his laughter so he didn't mysteriously die in the night. She took a moment to regain her breath as Sasuke and Hashirama walked in. "I see you guys are back."

"Yes. We successfully avoided murdering Team 7." Sasuke stated, grabbing a cup of milk.

"What did they do this time?" Fugaku asked, putting down the scroll before coming over and getting a drink as well.

"Kushina slapped Naruto." Hashirama murmured.

"SHE-" Mikoto's face reddened in anger before Orochimaru's entrance cut her off.

"I have good news! I nominated you guys for the Chuunin Exams!" He said proudly.

Hashirama, Sasuke, and I had our brains fried at the information we were given. "What?"