Chapter 27

"H-huh?"

"I said aren't you gonna court me? Arthur?"

I cleared my throat.

"I was planning to court you but I think it's not yet the right time mare."

"What do you mean?"

"Gusto kasi ni Itay I should marry a girl immediately before he dies. You are aware that he has stage 2 cancer right?" She nodded.

"Edi pakasalan mo na ako. Pwede naman eh."

"Ehehe."

"Sige na Mare. I love you and you love me."

"Barney ang peg?" She slap my shoulder.

"Ito naman puro joke."

"I'll court you first before we get married para hindi rush. I don't want to pressure you and I don't want to rush things out."

"But your father wants a grandchild before he dies. Since we love each other We can get married. It can be tomorrow or next week or next month."

"Soon Scarlett. Don't worry, you're the only girl I've loved." She nodded and we continue dancing.

I don't want to say this but it seems like she had other motives. She's like rushing to marry her immediately. I want her to know me more before we tie the knot. Pero bakit parang iba. She's like a desperate girl.

I don't want to think like this na baka pera lang ang habol niya sa akin because she came from a poor family. But she has work already. Why would she need my money? She has her own salary.

Or maybe she's hiding something. Or maybe she's planning something using my power and money. Ayokong pag-isipan na ganun siya because I love and trust her. We've been best friends for so many years. I haven't seen that side of her.

Why? Why am I feeling this? I want a girl to marry not because I belong to a wealthy family but because she accepts and love me for who and what I am.

Or maybe her true colors are starting to show.

No! No! No! Scarlett isn't like that kahit mahirap lang sila. She's kind, pretty but maingay lang.

Does she really love me? Or it's just a joke?