🔥Day 5: Cuddles By The Fireplace🔥

Today was one of the coldest nights of the year so far. Jake and Hailey had just gotten back from the grocery store to get some new indegrediants for banana bread, since someone had burned them yesterday.

"I still can't belive you nearly set my house on fire. You're lucky Zander was sick, or he would've killed you on the spot." Hailey said, a small smile forming on her lips as she opened the front door with her free hand, holding the bag of ingredients in the other.

"Yeah." Jake laughed, nodding in agreement. "It's freezing out here." he said as the pair walked into the house, only to find it was even colder than outside.

"What the Heck!? It's even colder in here!" Hailey whined, walking into the kitchen and placing the bag on the counter.

"I don't know!" Jake said, zipping up his coat.

"I thought I told you to turn up the heat before we left!"

"I did!" Jake argues. Hailey raises her eyebrow, before folding her arms over her chest and heading in to the hallway where the thermostat was.

"You idiot! You turned it down!" She yells, shooting Jake a death glare, causing a shiver run down to the hazel eyed boy's spine.

"I'm sorry!" Jake says, clinging onto Hailey's arm. "You can't stay mad at me, Princess." He shoots her a wink, however she continues glaring at him.

"You can't sweet talk your way into my arms this time!" The teal haired girl shoves Jake off of her, crossing her arms again.

"I'm sorry! I really am!" Jake pleads. "Here, I'll fix it!"

"How?" Hailey asks, ducking her neck into her coat collar to keep it warm.

Jake raises the temperature, then wraps an arm around his girlfriend. "You go turn on the fireplace, I'll get some blankets." he rubs her arms, as she stares at him for a moment.

Hailey rolls her eyes, then heads into the living room. Jake smiles, then scrambles to find some blankets. He goes onto the second floor and goes into Hailey's room. He sees a fluffy white blanket on the end of her bed, and grabs it.

Jake assumed he would need more, so he went into the room across the hall. It looked to be Zander's room, based on the keyboard against the wall, and the framed photo of Luke on the bedside table. (*cough* Zander's a simp *cough cough*)

There was a black knitted blanket on the chair in the corner of the room, so Jake went and grabbed it. He quickly rushed down the stairs, careful not to drop the two blankets.

He arrived in the living room, to see his girlfriend sitting on the floor in front of the fireplace, rubbing her hands together.

"Here." Jake said, sitting down nxt to here and wrapping the two blankets around them. "Are you any warmer?"He asks, folding his arm over her, as she leans her head onto his shoulder.

"I bit, I guess." She sighs.

Silence filled the room, with the acception of the crackling fireplace. The temperature in the room was getting much more cozy, as the two continued to cuddle, until Hailey eventually fell asleep in the peach haired boy's arms.

Jake decided to let his angel sleep for a little while, until he remembered they still had to make banana bread before Sean and Daisy came over later.

"Hey baby, you have to wake up." He whispered.

Her black eyes fluttered open, as she curiously looked up at Jake.

"What, why?" She yawned, sreteching her legs out.

"Well, we still have to make the banana bread." Jake explains. "And if we are here any longer, I'll probably fall alseep as well, and we don't want another fire."

Hailey lets out a laugh, playfully rolling her eyes. "I hate you."

"Aw, you know you love me, Princess." Jake winks, planting a soft kiss on Hailey's forehead.

"I do." Hailey says softly. "More than anything."

♥♥♥

Oml- I'm so sorry- this chapter was awful-
For some reason, when I'm writing Jailey, I don't seem to have the same energy as when I'm writing Lander-

Until tomorrow, bye!