🔔Day 8: Festival Of Lights🔔

"This is so exciting! This is Jake's first time going to the festival!" Hailey exclaims, clutching onto Jake's arm as they headed towards the town park where the festival was set up.

Hailey, Jake, Luke and Zander were going on a double date to the annual festival of lights. They would've invited their friends, but they decided it was best to just go with the four of them. Against all odds, they might end up being a family in the future.

"Is it really that cool?" Jake joked, as Hailey's eyes went wide.

"Of course it is! It's one of the very few times a year Zander smiles!" Hailey says, earning a glare from her step brother. Luckily Zander had recovered from his cold rather quickly.

"Remember when we were kids, we'd come here every year?" Luke asked, glanced at his childhood friend.

"Yeah..." Zander replies, smiling at the memories. "Is it just me, or is it freezing?" Zander's smile fades, as he begins to rub his arms, trying to keep them warm.

"I told you to wear a warmer coat." Luke sighs, pulling off his thick white jacket and swinging it over Zander's shoulders. Luckily he had his signature red cardigan underneath, however it probably wouldn't keep him warm for very long. Despite that, Luke was willing to make that sacrafice to keep his Zander from getting another cold.

"Thanks..." Zander muttered, taking hold of Luke's hand as the four grew closer to the entrance.

Once they arrived at the entrance, they were greeted by a pathway, with lit up archs over it. It was a gorgeous night. Small snowflakes sprinkled over them, as the wind whistled an enchanting melody. The giant moon's pale glow reflected off the frozen, clear lake in the center of the park, as an array of shining stars danced around it. (I feel like I use that line too much- XD)

When they finally arrived at the end of the pathway, they saw dozens of structures all made by Christmas lights. "Woah..." Jake whispered, his voice barely audible.

"See! So pretty!" Hailey beams, as the four teenagers are memorized by the view. "Let's start over here!" She jogs down one of the pathways, dragging Jake with her as the childhood lovers walked behind them.

"Are you excited? This is gonna bring back a lot of memories." Zander purs, nuzzling his head into Luke's shoulder.

"Yeah... Like that time you ran into that pole." Luke chuckles, nodding towards a tall pole holding up a US flag.

"Sh-shut up!" Zander stuttered.

"Yo gays, hurry up!" Hailey says, as the pair realised how behind they were. They glanced at each other, before running to catch up with the other teenagers. The four of them walked around the park, admiring the lit up figures, until the night was finally over.

"Are we going home now?" Jake asked, looking at the others.

"Of course not! We haven't watched the fireworks yet!" Hailey giggles, pecking Jake's cheek.

"Here, I think I know the perfect spot." Luke said, indicating or them to follow him as he began to walk through the park.

He lead them to a spot in front of the frozen lake, there was a bench. "The fireworks are set up across the lake. Best seat in the house." Luke smiled, sitting down on the end of the bench before Zander jumped onto his lap and clung his arms around the autumn boy's neck.

Jake sat next to the pair, as Hailey cuddled up next to him. "They should start soon." Hailey said, hinting that they had free time.

"Oh, did you hear Milly got arrested the other day?" Jake asked, as the other three teenagers began to laugh.

"Yeah, her own cousin reported her to the police." Zander giggled, as they began to laugh harder.

They settled down, and just glanced out at the moon. Faint chatter and laughter could be heard from across the park where the festival was, and dim flashing lights came from the same direction. Zander rested his head onto Luke's chest, as Jake gave Hailey's forehead a soft kiss.

"You know." Luke started, as the group of teenagers continued to look out at the night sky. "A few years from now, we might be coming to this festival with our kids." Luke sighs, adjusting Zander's position on his lap.

"He's not wrong." Hailey says, as Jake looks at her, her gaze still averted towards the hypnotic glow of the moonlight. "I mean, picture it." She lifts her head up from Jake's shoulder, and looks at the three boys. "Four kids, running around this park. The same park all of their parents confessed at. I can see Luke and Jake playing with them, while me and Zander are talking to our parents who came with us to visit their grandkids." Hailey smiles at the thought.

"I can see that." Jake agrees, looking back out. "I mean, obviously our kids would be gorgeous because I'm their dad." Jake jokes, as Hailey and Zander both roll their eyes. "Do you guys plan on having kids?" Jake asks, looking at the childhood friends.

"When we were younger, we'd always talk about our futures." Luke chuckled. Zander nodded in agreement.

"I want kids." Zander hummed, closing his eyes as he cozied up to Luke's warm embrace. "We can adopt..." Zander's mumble was almost muted.

"Luke, promise me you'll raise the kids so they don't end up as classical music obsessed book nerds." Hailey says, failing to keep a series face.

"Wha- Hey!" Zander exclaims, the other three teenagers bursting into laughter. Zander pouts, before slumping his shoulders and crossing his arms.

"She's just messing with you." Luke says, leaning forward and nuzzling his nose against the purple haired boy's.

"Hmph."

"I hope when we're older we'll become a real band." Hailey says, her eyes sparkling with enlightenment. "We can become famous and perform world wide!" She exclaims, as Jake chuckles at her excitement.

Before any of them could respond, a crackling noise fired, and red, white and green fireworks began to appear in front of the moon.

"Woah..." The all whispered in unison.

And that was how they spent their night. Gazing at the fireworks, enjoying each other's company...

Making memories to tell their future children all about...

♥♥♥

Alright, today was a combination of my two favourite tmf ships, so you know what that means...
A SAISY AND MILLIOT DOUBLE DATE TOMORROW!

If you guys have a request or idea of what Saisy and Milliot shoulder do on their double date, I'd love to hear them!

I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter, I really wanted to include them talking about their futures together lol

I'll see you guys tomorrow, until then, bye!!