🚪Day 19: Stuck Outside🚪

"Idiot!" Hailey spat, as Jake jiggled the door handle. "How could you forget the key?!" 

"I'm sorry! I wasn't thinking!" Jake exclaimed, as he released the handle. "Where are the others..." He muttered, a tone of annoyance added to his voice. 

"They're out hiking. The hike you refused to go to, insisting we'd have more fun skiing, remember?" Hailey said, rolling her eyes.

The group had planned on going hiking on a mountain a few hours again. It was supposed to be a lot warmer, with a breathtaking view. Hailey for quite excited to go, but Jake refused, saying that would have a lot more fun skiing. He was bale to convince Hailey, and the two went skiing for a while, until a small storm flew in. So, they tried to go back inside, but someone had forgot the key, so they were locked outside.

"Well, now we have to wait until they com e back, which will be hours." Hailey mumbled, placing her skis on the ground. She leaned against the wall, slowly sinking down until she was sitting. 

"Uh..." Jake decided to try and apologize. Talking to Hailey may be the only thing to clear his boredom for the rest of the day. "I'm really sorry, I wasn't thinking." He said sheepishly, as his girlfriend raised her eyebrow at him.

"Yeah, whatever... It's fine..." Hailey replied, glancing out at the mountains, which were barely visible through the storm. 

"Wait, really?! You're actually just gonna forgive me that easily?!" Jake asked, surprised on how calm she was.

"Yeah. Pretty much." Hailey said, fumbling with her hands.

There was silence for a moment, before the brown eyed boy broke it. "Why...?"

Hailey look up at him, hesitant if she wanted to explain. "Well..." She sighed. "Milly and Elliot, and Daisy and Sean, they're these perfect couples that never fight. Luke and Zander have small arguments, but Luke always apologizes immediately. You and me, though, we fight everyday. And it's not small bickering, it's giant full on fights. Maybe..." Hailey takes a shaky breath. "Maybe our relationship is... Toxic?"

Jake almost gasped. He quickly collpased next to the teal-haired girl, pulling her into a hug. "Hey, we are not a toxic relationship! We're the best relationship I know!"

"Then that's pretty sad." (If anyone got that HTGAWM reference, I LOVE YOU) "Because this isn't what a healthy relationship should looks like." Hailey said, as small tears formed in her eyes. 

"Hailey." Jake said, wiping away her tears. "All couples fight. Maybe the others don't fight publicly, have you considered that? And we're really different, coming into this relationship you have to have known we would argue a lot. We're different people, Hales, but I love you, and you love me. That's all that matters." A small smile forms on his lips, one that Hailey quickly returns.

"God, you're the best." She says, blinking up at him.

"Damn right. Never forget it." Jake says, causing his girlfriend to laugh.

"And... He's back!" She exclaims jokingly. Hailey then leans her head onto Jake's shoulder. "How did I ever get so lucky..."

"Please." Jake scoffs. "I'm the lucky one." There was a small pause before he continued. "Well, actually, you're more lucky. I mean, look at me!"

"Shut up, dork." 

♥♥♥

I was listening to "Always" by Isak Danielson, and I thought it suited Lander perfectly, so if y'all wanna check that out it's actually an amazing song.

Anyways, thank you so much for reading! 

Expect an extra long chapter tomorrow... With some new ships... 👀
(It won't be that long because I'm lazy, but I'll try)

As usually, I hope you all enjoyed! See y'all tomorrow, baii!!