🚌Day 11: Arguments And Road Trips🚌

Requested/Suggested by JelloFrenchFry Tysm!!

♥♥♥

"Milly! I swear to God! if you ask 'Are we there yet' one more time-"

"Zander." Hailey sighs, rubbing the bridge of her nose. 

"I'm sick of being in this stupid car with all of you! This was a dumb idea..." Zander mutters. The band decided to go on a road trip to a ski lodge in the mountains. It was Milly's uncle's cabin, and he was allowing them to stay in in for a week or two. Jake, Hailey, Zander, Luke, Milly and Elliot were all driving together in Hailey and Zander's mom's car, while Daisy and Sean were coming a day later since they were having dinner with Daisy's parents tonight. 

"Hey, is he alright?" Elliot asked, popping his head out from the back seat, pointing at the sleeping brunette on Zander's lap. 

"Yeah, he looks dead." Milly agrees, poking Luke's face.

"Get your disgusting finger off his beautiful face!" Zander snaps, slapping Milly's hand away. "And I told you, he gets car sick so he took these sleeping pills." 

"Can you two be quiet?" Hailey asks, her plan was to relax, listen to some music, and gaze out at the snowy landscape, however her plans were interrupted by her two friends. "I feel like I'm a mom, taking care of her kids. This is supposed to be a vacation." She mutters, as Jake chuckles.

"Yeah, and Jake's your husband." Milly smirks, as Elliot and Zander laugh.

"H-hey! Shut up!" She snaps, her face burning red. "A-are you really just gonna let them say that?!" She asks, turning towards her boyfriend. "Jake! Eyes on the road!" She slaps his shoulder, as he snaps out of his little faze.

"Sorry! I zoned out!" He says, taking one of his hands off the steering wheel and rubbing one of his eyes.

"Jeez, Jake. Our kids lives are at stake here!" She exclaimed, half joking, half series. 

"Hey, if we're your kids, and we're dating, isn't that technically..." Elliot didn't finish his sentence, but smiled instead. Milly understood, and burst into laughter.

"I hate you all." Zander groans, pulling out a book and held it with one of his head, the other one in Luke's hair.

"Hun, are you okay?" Elliot laughed, looking at Milly who was layin down on the floor of the car, laughing uncontrollably. 

"Yeah, sorry..." She manages to choke through laughter.

"So, did you two decide what song you wanna sing tonight?" Elliot asked, swinging his arms over the seat.

"Oh! I completely forgot!" Hailey exclaims. Her and Jake agreed to sing a duet for the band on Christmas day. However, they had been strongly struggling to pick a song...

Hailey pulls out the list of Christmas songs her and Jake had narrowed it down to. 

(A/N Okay, while I was typing this, I think I hit a key too hard, because my finger is going through unreal pain. I think it might be broken, and I'm gonna go to the hospital tomorrow. Anyways, beyond this point is going to have a lot typos, because I'm gonna be writing the rest of it one-handed.)

"How about we sing 'Last Christmas'?" Hailey suggested, her eyes still scanning the sheet. 

"That one by Ariana Grande? pass." Jake snorts, almost zoning out again, however stopped himself, knowing it would anger his girlfriend. 

"'All I want for Christmas is you'?" Hailey asked, raising her eyebrow.

"No. Too cliche." Jake replied, taking a sip of his hot chocolate, which was now cold considering how long they've been in the car.

"'Silent Night'?" Hailey said, a tone of annoyance to her voice. 

"Nah." Jake replied, also getting annoyed.

"Then which one do you want?!" Hailey snapped, her voice almost a yell.

"Well, maybe if you actually suggested good ones, I'd say yes." Jake muttered. He thought Hailey couldn't hear him. 

She could.

Then they broke into argument, yelling at each about how picky the other one was, going as far as insulting each other's music taste.

Luke woke up to the chaos, and he was confused until he saw the pair arguing. The four awkwardly stared at them, like four kids staring at their parents, who were fighting like an old married couple.

"What time is it?" Luke whispered, as Elliot briefly checked his phone.

"Quarter to 2." Elliot said, as Luke thought for a moment.

"We left at 7 this morning, right?" Luke asked, as the other three nodded.

"Hey!" Luke exclaimed, catching the attention of Hailey and Jake. "We should've arrived an hour ago!"

♥♥♥

Milly lay sprawled out on Elliot's chest, as the pink haired boy was laying down on the backseat. In front of them, Zander and Luke lay soundlessly, the shorter boy trapped in the arms of the taller one, who was leaned against the window. 

Meanwhile, Jake and Hailey sat in the front seat, bags under both of their eyes, several coffee cups scattered around both of their sleeps. They were fighting to stay awake. 

"Hailey..." Jake muttered. "You should go to sleep... I don't want my Princess to not get her beauty sleep."

"Haha, very funny." Hailey was too tired to joke, but sarcasm was something she used so often, it came naturally to her without even realising it. "And no, if you fall asleep you'll get all of us killed. I can't risk that." Hailey said, reaching for one of the full coffee cups. "If you had kept your attention on the road like I asked you to, we wouldn't be in this mess... Lost in the middle of the mountains." Upon fumbling for the mug, her hand found its way onto Jake's.

The two made eye contact. Grey meeting hazel, logic meeting implausibility, fire meeting ice.

Despite the dark, nighttime air, both of their eyes seemed to still be sparkling, shining brightly.

Hailey cleared her throat, turning her head away, Jake did the same, focusing back to the icy road. She reached to pull her hand back, but she couldn't. He was grabbing it. He was holding her hand. 

"I, uh... I'm really sorry." He said, sheepishly chuckling.

"Ha, yeah. You better be." She snarls, trying to pull her hand back. His grip on it tightened. 

"We can do any Christmas song yo like. If you're happy, I'm happy." Jake said, luckily it was dark, so he wouldn't be able to see the smile making it's way onto her face. Suddenly, Jake pulled over to the side of the highway.

"What are you doing?" Hailey asked, sitting up straight in her seat, as he released her hand.  Jake pulled up the arm between them, and grabbed a blanket hat was at his feet. 

"You need rest. We both do. Come cuddle with me." Jake pulled the blanket over him, then lifted an arm, creating an opening, gesturing her to come.

She blinked for a moment, before sighing and snuggling up next to Jake. "I love you, Princess..." Jake softly whispered, placing a soft kiss on her forehead. "I'm sorry..."

"Me too." Hailey said, her eyes fluttering shut. "And... I love you too."

A couple moments of silence went by, before Jake broke it. "Look at that, our kids are all sleeping." 

Hailey glanced behind her, and smiled at the four sleeping teenagers. "We raised them well..."

♥♥♥

Okay, sorry the second half wasn't very good and/or detailed, again, my hand went "bye".

If you guys are wondering, yes, the next few chapter are going to be in a ski lodge.

Also, what song do you guys think Hailey and Jake should duet on day 25? 

Anyways, despite the lack of detail and inspiration, I hope you guys still enjoyed reading!
I'll will see you guys tomorrow! Bye!!