Prolouge

The streets were basked in moonlight that shined through the clouds The trees outside swayed in the light breeze as birds started to wake for their morning tune. The moon started to slowly set, the sun now rising.

The small house was dark. The lights off, all the doors and windows locked shut. Empty cans and bottles of beer littered the wood floor, especially in the kitchen and living room. A picture of a happy family lay on the floor, cracked and broken. Heavy snores echoed down the hall, a man asleep in his room alone. A women slept on the sofa, cold and shivering. Cuts and bruises painted her skin, even in her sleep, fear showed on her face.

The front door began to creak open. A young girl peeked her head inside, her wide eyes scanning around her. Her S/C skin and clothes had a mix of sweat and dirt that stained them. Her feet were bare as she held a worn out volleyball in her arm. She took careful steps as she walked inside and closed the door behind her. Soft creaks could be heard with each step she took, her breath slightly unsteady. As she headed to her room, she saw her mother asleep on the couch. A frown formed on her face as she found a blanket and placed it over the shivering women. The little girl placed a gentle kiss on her mother's forehead.

She then stood up and headed to her room. The door opened silently as she walked in, a sigh escaping her mouth. Once the door was closed, she hurriedly got all her stuff together. The girl soon had her school clothes and backpack in hand. Before she changed, she had caught a glimpse of herself in the mirror. She cringed as the sight. A groan left her lips as she got all her stuff and walked out and to the bathroom. Sweat formed on her forehead as she slowly turned on the water. She thanked the gods that her dad was a heavy sleeper.

She took a quick shower and put on her clean clothes, tossing her dirty ones in the hamper. Bubbles formed in her mouth as she brushed her teeth, as well as brushing her hair. She finished freshening up and threw her backpack over her shoulder. Her hand opened the door as she stepped out, her eyes darting to see if her father was awake. Once the coast was clear she went back into her room. The worn out volleyball had been placed on top of her gym bag on her bed. A smile formed on her face as she grabbed the ball. She rolled it in her hands as she walked in the middle of her room. Soft thuds could be heard as she bumped the call on her forearms. Her eyes focused as she watched the ball bounce up and down. The ball started to go a little higher the more she got excited. Soon the ball was bouncing close to the ceiling. Feeling confident, she wanted to switch to tossing. As the ball came down, she placed her hands above her head, waiting to make contact.

The ball bounced off her fingers and hit her alarm clock. A loud crash was heard as the clock fell and broke on the floor. The girl's eyes widened in fear, her breath hitched. Her heart raced as she heard a door slam open. Without a second though, she got all of her things and ran out of her room. She slipped and fell in the hallway at the sound of her father's angry and loud voice.

"Oh so you decided to come back? I'll make sure you don't next time."

The young girl whimpered as she picked herself up and ran to the front door. She had seen her mother with a fearful face as she cried on the couch. The H/C haired girl opened the door and sprinted out, her father yelling at her.

"YOU BRAT. YOU GET BACK HERE RIGHT NOW."

She ran and ran. Not stopping until she came into view of her middle school. She panted as she leaned against a tree. Her eyes trailed on a group of girls that walked in through the gates, a tired look on her face.

Y/N L/N was a first year in middle school. The year was already coming to an end, summer vacation just around the corner. She had been with most of the kids in her grade since elementary school, but she wouldn't really consider them her friends.