Chapter 21

" Let's hear speech from our Valedictorian, Klarissa Agilez. "

Napangiti ako ng tawagin ang pangalan ko. Narinig ko ang mga sigawan ng mga ka-batchmates ko especially ang bestfriend kong si Farrah, na ngayon ay pinipigilan ni Kyler, Lyra at nila tita. Napatawa na lang, napalingon naman ako kila Logan at Calix na ngayon ay nagpanggap na lumuluha, kahit kailan talaga puro sila kalokohan. Si Marcus naman ay may hawak pang banner na mas lalong nagpatawa sa mga tao dahil nakalagay sa banner ang litrato ko noong nahulog ako sa kanal. Siguradong si Farrah na naman ang may kakagawan nito, syempre plinano na naman nilang lahat. Habang si Jax ay binigyan lang ako thumbs up. Mabuti pa 'to medyo matino.

" First of all I would like to introduce myself to all of you, though you've already heard my name. For the people who know me, they already know that I am Klarissa Agilez, the niece of Klarea Agilez, a not so perfect student but a hardworking one.  But for those who doesn't really know me, I'm just a smart student, a so called " nerd ". Ako yung lapitan ng lahat pag may test pero kinaiisan rin ng lahat kasi nagdadamot. I don't usually give people answers because I want them to learn to work for themselves, kasi paano na sila kapag hindi na nila ako kasama? Ayoko silang masanay na humihingi lang ng humihingi, I want them to know the real hardship that education give to all of student, for them to know the value of what they are studying for. Hindi lang naman tayo nag-aaral para sa mga sarili natin. We study for our future, for our family, for our dream and I know all of you know that. Mahirap, oo. Sobrang hirap. " Nakangiti kong sambit sa mga ito.

" There are times when I really want to give up, there are times when I always fail myself in not meeting everyone’s standards, everyone's expectations to me and it's really tiring to prove yourself to everyone. I got to the point where I was no longer satisfied with what I was doing. That I'm just studying because I want to pass, because I have responsibilities as a student but there are people who support me without asking for anything in return. Those are the people I will always be grateful for. " 

" To my tita, who always sees me as her real daughter and always supports me in everything I want. Thank you, thank you tita because you never force to me do the things that I didn't really want, I am just the one who put pressure on myself, because I want to give you what you deserve. This is for you, tita, this is my award for you. Thank you for not getting tired to take care of me, thank you for supporting me even if you have no obligation to do that. Thank you for not leaving my side, for always understanding me when I am on my worst day. Thank you tita, for loving me wholeheartedly. I love you so much. " Nakangiti kong sambit habang di ko na namamalayang lumuluha na rin ako.

" To my bestfriends. " sambit ko, natawa naman ako ng sumigaw silang lahat. Kumaway naman ako sa mga ito.

" Thank you for always having my back. For accepting me for who I am. For hugging me when I'm on my bad days. For loving me even though I'm not the best friend for you. Because of all of you, my highschool life has become the best. You gave me the  amount of memories that I will cherish for the rest of my life. Maybe we were going to seperate paths after this, but I want us to keep in touch no matter what happens. Kotong ang mang-iwan sa ere.Mahal ko kayo mga dre! "  Natatawa kong sambit.

" And of course to my adviser, who always guide us and always give us the best advice in life. Our second best mom, Ms. Kyan, we love you! And to all the teachers who never give up on us even though sometimes we are hard to handle thank you for your hard work. To the principal and to these school who gave me the best memories I will cherish forever, thank you. "