15: Suspicious Celeste

- ××× -

- ××× -

Jungkook hit the accelerator hard causing the car to whoosh down the roads. Worry etched his being thinking about the whereabouts of Celeste.

She was sobbing badly on the phone and Jungkook couldn't help but wonder what was the reason behind it.

And specifically, who.

Jungkook clenched his jaw, tightening his grip over the steering wheel. He ran his tongue over his inner cheek, clearly annoyed with whosoever hurt Celeste like that.

"Fucking lowlife !" He muttered, grinding his teeth in the process.

His eyes lit with slight relief upon hearing his phone ding. Celeste had finally shared him the location. Speeding yet again, Jungkook rushed his car towards her.

.
.
.

Celeste drove out of the city and stopped by a beautiful meadow overlooking the ocean.

The horizon was painted in crimson as the sun was setting down gradually. Celeste turned off the ignition and got down, walking over to sit by the fresh green grass.

She exhaled sadly, the cold breeze from the sea hitting her cheeks. She felt terribly cold there, making her realise that she was silently crying.

That was the first time that she had seen her father hit someone.

And that someone being her mother. Celeste hated her, but she knows one thing for sure that her mother did not deserve that slap.

Whatever being the reason behind, she did not deserve that. It was not needed.

Another thing which was not needed at all was Ahjumma Kang's presence in the mansion.

There were so many puzzle pieces lying scattered all around. Celeste somehow failed to connect the dots together.

Soon, she heard a low rumble followed by the screeching sound of tire. Celeste wiped off her tears quickly as she saw Jungkook's car stopping right behind hers own.

Within seconds Jungkook was down and right next to her, crouching as he offered her some wipes.

"Your face will dry off from crying soo much. Here, take this." Jungkook said calmly, occupying the spot next to Celeste.

Celeste's head was hung low and she was in no mood to do anything. Her body felt weak and mind numb.

"Bad day, worst?" She heard Jungkook ask politely. Celeste slowly trailed her teary eyes upwards where Jungkook's side profile came into her view.

Jungkook wasn't looking at her, he was eyeing the horizon instead. The crimson from the sky was reflected in his eyes. Celeste could make out the concern in his eyes.