Chapter 9

"So, I heard you went here in New York as an exchange student? How's your experience?" pagbubukas ni Gwynedd ng usapan. Ikinwento ito ni Larry sa kaniya kaya alam niya.

"Uhhm, quite good, Ma'am. I was kind of homesick and at same time, I am not. I was uhhm, afraid because of the new environment. But my life here was smooth. I learned a lot and get used with the way of living here months after..."

"Oh, that's a terrible feeling. I'm glad yiu withstood it. It really is hard to be away from your family. Also, I heard you move out from your past place? Aren't your siblings don't have anyone to be with right now?" Pag-aalala ni Gwynedd.

Kalonice flashed a soft smile at her. "They assured me that they can handle themselves naman po since they know how to do household stuffs. At naihabilin ko na naman po sila sa security guard at receptionist sa tinutuluyan naming hotel ngayon. Pero nag-aalala pa din po ako para sa kalagayan nila."

Gwynedd can't help but smile from the words she have heard. She tapped Kalonice's back, she was touched and at the same time, her heart was filled of admiration. No wonder why Larry likes her so much. It was because of her strong spirit and perseverance, as well as the fact that she's a hard worker. Kalonice is the kind of woman anyone will be proud of.

She knew how to do household chores, she knew her responsibilities and obligations, she's behave and down to earth, and she's also polite. She grew up to be a kind and fine woman despite all the experiences she've been through. Kalonice is the one who taught herself to be kind because her mother didn't. She taught herself how to be strong, she find strived for ways to survive---all that done alone by herself. She's the one who's watering herself and with that, she is growing continuously.

And Gwynedd is so proud of her. She never imagined that she will meet an amazing person like Kalonice.

"So, do you like my son?" tanong niya habang diretso ang tingin. Napatingin agad si Kalonice sa kaniya.

"Opo. Hmmm, mabait naman po siya kahit na malaging mainit ang ulo niya. Masungit din po siya, mataray, arogante, antipatiko at maarte, pero mabait naman po ang anak niyo. Nadadaan ko naman po siya sa mabuting usapan." Ngiti ni Kalonice na siya ding napangiti kay Gwynedd.

"My husband told me that it was you who stopped him from causing commotion before. Guess, you were right."

"Marunong naman po siyang makinig kahit papaano. Hehehe." Nahihiyang tugon ni Kalonice na tinawanan na lamang ni Gwynedd ng mahina.

They went to a restaurant first to eat. Nakatulog na si Contessa sa mga bisig ni Kalonice kaya naman ibinigay na niya ang bata sa babysitter nito. Doon ay malayang nakapag-usap ang dalawang babae sa isa't isa.

"Ah, may ex po pala ang anak niyo?" lintaya ni Kalonice na may halong pagkagulat.

"Actually, yeah. That witch two-timed my son who's so in love with her. The two men, my son and the other one, figured it out and they eventually became friends after they dumped her. She deserves it. I never liked her, by the way. She's so haughty and demanding. Did you know that Larzen gave everything that she wanted? He's willing to do everything and anything for that witch and she cheat on him. I still hate her until now." Napapa-irap na kwento ni Gwynedd habang naglalakad papunta sa isang beauty salon and spa.

"Ah, kaya po siguro galit ang anak niyo sa mga babae." Napapatangong sabi ni Kalonice na naiintindihan na kung bakit nasabi ni Midas sa kaniya ang mga salitang 'yon noong nasa kotse sila.

"Yeah. She never trust anyone ever since then aside me. Don't betray my son, okay? You're the only woman he's talking to again. I agree that he's really mean. And please be considerate if his attitude is ill. But if he hurt your feelings verbally, tell me so I could discipline him, okay?"