Chapter 40

"I wonder what you're going to give me," bulong ni Midas na kinakabahan, iniisip kung ano ang maaaring ibigay ni Kalonice sa kaniya.

Ngumiti si Kalonice nang malapad bago pinulot ang nakakalat na pulang tali. Inikot niya ito sa kaniyang ulo at ini-ribbon. "Me," sabi niya na siyang nagpa-estatwa kay Midas.

Kalonice look at her surroundings. All eyes are on her, surprised and wondering. Muli siyang tumingin kay Midas. Hindi niya maipaliwanag ang reaksyon nito. She find it cute, so adorable.

"Midas, you see, we've been together for months, we live together, dine together, do things together that are supposed to be done alone, and I never knew it will be fun that way. During those times, I got to know more about you. About the things that annoys and irritates you, your dislikes, your habits, I got to know your daily routines, and see a different angle of you in a different perspective,"

Lumunok siya at pinaglaruan ang mga kuko. Hindi niya maipaliwanag kung gaano siya kinakabahan habang sinasabi ang bawat salita sa harap ng buo niyang pamilya. Gusto niyang huminto at itigil ang gustong sabihin dahil sa kahihiyan, but she needs to finish what she have started and stopping will make her look stupid.

"People often misunderstands you because you are arrogant, boastful, or whatever they think about you, but I honestly understand that it was your way of preserving your self. You are scared to be hurt again because they once betrayed you after all the nice things you've done to people. And you don't want to be hurt again by them so you became mean, strict, which they end up calling being heartless. That's what I thought about you when we first met at the restaurant. Someone so mean, arrogant, and heartless. But it all changed when I get to know you. You showed me the real you, and I love it so much." Natakpan niya ang bibig at tumawa nang tumulo ang kaniyang mga luha.

"Even though your parents likes me, I still doubt about my self if I could really be the right woman for you. I grew up in the slums, once a great peasant, I see my self so dirty but you didn't. The thing, that I love the most about you, is that you respects me. You don't do the things I refuse to do and respects that. You always ask for my consent, for my permission if you could do this or that to me, and you don't insist anymore once I said' NO'. You helped me grow, you taught me how to protect and give importance to my self, you were always by my side, and I don't know but I misses you even if we're just a meter away. So,"

Tinakpan niya ang mukha at pinunasan ang mga pisngi. Ngumiti siya at natawa. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry if I let you wait for so long. I'm sorry if it took me...a very long time to find my self. I'm sorry if I asked myself for so long, because I wanted to be sure. I don't want to be a failure for you. I don't want to cause something scandalous that might ruin your name, your family's name. It took me months before I could finally have the ease. And this is the time where I will finally say: "This is it. This is the time. I'm ready. I'm good. Everything's fine. I am ready,". With those months as we build our very first project together, that was the time where I am building my courage and decisions too in plan. That is also the time where we build our plans for our future and it made me really happy that I want to marry you already and make all those plans happen and real. Midas, thank you for handling me. Thank you for pulling me back to my body every time my personalities will come out to ruin the day. Thank you... Thank you because you accepted me for who I am. Thank you because because of you, my personalities have no time to be triggered,"

Lumapit siya kay Midas na nakatulala sa kaniya habang lumuluha. She hold his hand and kissed them. "Midas, I love you. Please be mine."

Her tears stream more and fast. Midas felt his heart burst after hearing those special words come out of her mouth. His lips trembled and nodded. Napahawak siya sa kaniyang pisngi at ipinagdikit ang kanilang mga noo. Words are not enough to describe all the goodness he was feeling inside. The butterflies on his stomach are present, and it felt so surreal.