Chapter 34

"How are you, Caedmon?"

Ipinatong ni Edana ang kaniyang baba sa kaniyang palad at tumitig sa mukha ni Caedmon. He unbutton his blazer and opened it so he could sit comfortably. Edana found it hot, and she bites her lower lip.

"Doing good. But it will be better if we will be together." Ngumisi siya at tinaasan ng kilay si Edana. Tumaas din ang kilay nito at natawa.

"Will you take me to places I've never been before?" She went close to him. Idinikit niya ang kaniyang katawan kay Caedmon at yumakap sa kaniya. Caedmon caresses her back.

"Anywhere you want. Heaven or hell, I will take you anywhere." Edana giggled.

"Could you just---part? You're pissing me off." Ibinagsak ni Midas ang makapal na baso sa lamesa kaya nakuha niya ang atensyon ng dalawa.

"Oh, hi there, Yzaguirre!" She acted in surprise at sa kaniya naman dumikit.

"You're jealous, ain't you? Can't stand seeing me all over Caedmon?" Tumawa siya sa mukha nito.

She trail her finger on his perfect face. "Too bad," she whisper on his ear, "I prefer Caedmon than you."

Tumiim ang mga bagang ni Midas dahil sa kaniyang sinabi. Inilayo niya ang mukha kay Edana na siyang nagpa-bungisngis dito.

"Now I know why Jarrah left you, Larzen Yzaguirre. It is because you are boring,"

Nanlaki ang mga mata nila. Dinampot ni Edana ang inumin ni Caedmon at humigop dito ng kaunti. She smiled at Midas na nakatulala sa kaniya.

"Huwag mo kasing idaan ang lahat sa materyal na mga bagay. We want overrated bad boys. Good boys are a no, no, no already. They bring no thrill to our life. Well, you are a bad boy too but a B class one I suppose. And you're a Mama's boy. That's not so cool! Well, who would not like Caedmon. He's silly, he can be sweet at times too, and he can be bad. Really, really bad. I like it about him. No one knows us better than him. And no one could handle us better than he could. In short, Caedmon is better than you." Mabait na ngumiti si Edana kay Midas bago inilayo ang kaniyang upuan at mas lumapit kay Caedmon.

Midas felt cold. He could not move a single limb. His throat dried. His sweaty fingers trembled. He heard Laryen's voice resonating inside his mind, playing over and over again as he say that Caedmon is better than him, better than he could be.

And yet, he heard the same thing again. And this time, it was from Edana.

Naikuyom niya ang mga kamao. It is not Kalonice. It is not Kalonice who said those words. He won't let himself be affected by it unless Kalonice will be the one who will tell it to him. But it hurts his pride as a man like hell.

"You and the other girls with the same mindset as you are STUPID. You, wanting a bad boy, and once you're hurt, you will whine and complain and sob like a fucking baby, blaming all men are the same. Tanga ka ba o sadyang bobo ka lang?"

Edana pauses from flirting with Caedmon and turn to him with furrowing eyebrows. "What did you said to me?"

Umiwas ng tingin si Midas. "You heard me loud and clear. Would you like me to repeat it again to deepen my stab on you?"

Bumuga ng hangin si Edana. Hindi siya makapaniwala. Malakas siyang humalakhak at ang ibang malapit sa kanilang pwesto ay napatingin sa kaniya. Jarrah came back, composed and cool. Umupo siya sa kaniyang inuupuan.

Ngumisi si Edana. "Say, Jarrah. Do you want him back? Midas? I could help you, you see. Since Kalonice is dead, he's all yours once again---"

"You're not going to do that to Kalonice, Edana! That body is Kalonice's! You have no right to replace her!"

Binawi ni Edana ang kaniyang braso kay Midas. "I can, because she owe her life to me. Wala siyang karapatang tumanggi. I am her hope during her hopeless times. This body is not your puppet. Kalonice is dumb for letting her self be controlled by the likes of you, saying that you both shared a mutual understanding when in fact, you are just using her to forget your dumb ex-girlfriend."

Nabigla sila at mga nagsitinginan agad kay Jarrah na nangungunot ang noo. Kadarating lamang niya at may issue na naman siya?

Napahawak si Edana sa kaniyang ulo nang lumabas si Kalonice. "E-Edana---Tumigil ka! Pabalikin mo na ako!"

Naalarma silang lahat. Malakas na sinampal ni Edana ang sarili. "EDANA!" Kinuha ni Midas ang kaniyang mga kamay. Pinalagan siya ni Edana ngunit mas malakas siya sa kaniya. He subdue her by hugging her tight and left the room. Kumawala si Edana sa kaniyang mga braso at nasubsob sa buhanginan.

"ARGH! Kalonice, you're a selfish and ungrateful hoe! Damn you! Damn you!" Sigaw ni Edana at sinabunutan ang sarili. Dumaing si Kalonice at pinigilan ang kaniyang kamay gamit ang isa niya pa.

Lumuhod si Midas sa kaniyang harapan. He hold her arms and push her back to see her. He saw that her right eye was color gunmetal blue while the other one is jet-black. Kalonice stared at him and cried.

"Midas..."

He gently touch her cheek and cup it. "Win, Kalonice. You need to win. This is your body. You own this body. You may be owe them a huge one, but your body will always be yours. You are you. I'm here to support you. You can win against Edana, Kalonice. Win, I'm begging you. You need to win. You must. This body is yours."

Idinikit niya ang kaniyang noo sa kaniya. Bumalisbis ang maiinit na luha ni Kalonice. Kinwelyuhan siya ni Edana.

"You bastard! This body is mine now! Mine! This is mine!" Malakas itong sumigaw at pinagkakalmot si Midas. He remained still, accepting all her scratches. Kalonice cried even more and begged for Edana to stop.

"Edana, tama na! Plewse, huwag mong saktan si Midas! Midas! Midas!" Pinigilan ni Kalonice ang kaniyang kaliwang kamay. Midas hugged her body tight.

"Midas... Iwan mo na ako... Sasaktan ka nila. Midas, iwan mo na ako. Ayokong saktan ka. Please, umalis ka na. Midas..." Humagulgol ng iyak si Kalonice at siya'y itinulak-tulak. Marahang hinagod ni Midas ang kaniyang likuran. His touch sends chills to her sensitive body. He's trying to calm her down with his touch and gentle kisses on her head.

"That's why you need to win, Kalonice. You need to win against them para hindi na nila ako masaktan. I'm here. I'm staying. Conquer them. Don't be scared. You have nothing to be afraid of. I'm staying here no matter how hard you push me away." Napapikit si Kalonice at gumanti sa kaniya ng yakap. Malakas na sumigaw si Edana, na napalitan ni Wych sa isang iglap. Pinaghahampas at pinagsusuntok niya si Midas. Her punches were solid. Nasasaktan siya, but he will endure and take it all until Kalonice wins her battle. He will battle with her. He will support her. And once she successfully subdue them, he will make sure that they won't bother her again.

His father's little sister is a psychologist. He will ask for her help to treat Kalonice.

"What's with that bitch?" Ismid ni Jarrah na nakatanaw sa dinaanan nila Midas.

"Don't call her that. I'm telling you. Never EVER call her that again, Jarrah. You can disrespect anyone, but not Kalonice." Napatingin si Jarrah kay Caedmon na nandidilim ang mukha at seryoso. Tumaas ang kilay niya.

"Why are you so protective over her? Can't you see that she's CRAZY? She probably have a split personality. Crazy." And that triggered the elders.

Cassandra slams the table. "The girl you are calling bitch was a victim that's been keeping her mouth shut, trying to forget all her dark past behind. And yet, here you are, pushing her and dragging her back to her nightmares." Kumunot ang noo ni Jarrah sa kaniya.

"Tita---"

"Don't call me 'Tita', Lisieux! Sa inyong dalawa ni Kalonice, ikaw ang BITCH. Yes, yes you heard me right. I am not sorry for that, Delphy and Octavius. Your daughter is an ungrateful and insecure bitch who fooled my son and Gwynedd's son just so she could have them both. You're that thirsty to their cocks, Jarrah? Gusto mo bang sakalin kita!? Nakakadiri ka! Naasar ako sa tuwing nakikita ko ang pagmumukha mo! How could you be like that when your parents are so kind and humble!?"

Naalarma si Cain. Agad niyang tinakpan ang bibig ng asawa at nag-sorry kina Octavius pero kinagat ni Cassandra ang kaniyang kamay. "That's not just split personality. She has MPD or Multiple Personality Disorder. She got her personalities when she was younger. She was a victim of harassment, domestic violence, her mother sold her to foreigners in exchange of money, she was orphaned and adopted by her cruel stepmother, she worked several part-time jobs just so she could sustain her family's needs, pay the bills, and continue studying." Naglabasan ang mga litid ni Caedmon sa sobrang panggigigil kay Jarrah.

"She begged for me to work in my Uncle's club. She BEGGED for me. She said anything is fine with her: be a dishwasher, waitress, janitress. One time, she received a news, saying that her mother had a heart attack. She went to me and begged for me. She needs money. Out of desperation, the only thing she could give to me in return was herself. Her body. I refused her condition and pay the hospital bills of her mother." Napahilamos siya sa mukha.

"Just to know it was all a lie. Her mother used the money for gambling. Kalonice was devastated. That one, that one is Edana. She told me that it was her very first personality. Edana was made when her mother sold her again to a foreigner when she was young. Edana escaped. The next ones are the twin: Nisa and Sui. Nisa is a very emotional girl who seeks freedom after her mother caged her and left her there for days. Then Sui, the suicidal personality. Then Anastachia, the optimistic personality or the philosopher. Followed by Hate, who knows nothing but to hate people, and lastly Wych, the abuser."

Natutop ni Delphine ang bibig dahil sa mga nalaman. Hindi siya makapaniwala. Tahimik lamang ang dalawa pang pamilya na pasulyap-sulyap kay Jarrah na namumutla.

"Once you see her in bottled green eyes, I'm telling you, RUN. Wych tends to kill anyone she will see. If Hate put her mark on you, you should be hiding because Wych will come to torture you until you die. Your pain is her pleasure, it was her satisfaction. You don't deserve Kalonice's mercy, Jarrah. You will taste some bitter medicines once you met Wych. I would love to see how long you will last. Bet not even half a minute, you're drop, dead."

Jarrah blinked and held her chest. Her heart was beating erratically. Cold sweats are running down her pale face as chills crawl under her skin. She has no one to seek for help and comfort because all of them is distant to her. She have no one to lean and hold onto right now and let time relieve her fear. She hates her mother. She hates her father. And she hates everyone in this table.

"I... I didn't---know..." Siya'y napayuko, nanlalaki ang mga mata.

"Alam mo man o hindi, what you did to her isn't right. Why, Jarrah? Why do you hate her so much? Matagal na kayong tapos ni Midas, diba? Don't tell me maghahabol ka?" Pagak na tumawa si Cassandra. "Nakakaawa naman pala talaga ang unica hija niyo, Octavius at Delphine. Handa siyang sirain ang buhay ng ibang tao dahil lang nagseselos siya. Wala nang kayo ni Midas, naiintindihan mo ako? Limang taon na kayong hiwalay, pero sa limang taon na iyon, wala kang ginawa. Hindi ka naghabol, hindi mo sinubukan na kausapin man lang siya, o kahit ano pa man. At ngayong sumulpot si Kalonice, saka ka babalik? Para ano? Para sirain na naman ang buhay niya!?" Nanggagalaiting asik ni Cassandra sa kaniya at umaktong hahablutin siya. Kung magkalapit lang talaga silang dalawa ay kanina niya pa kinalbo ang anak nila Delphine at Octavius.

"Cassandra, calm down. That issue is not ours to handle---"

"Not OURS!? Cain, that bitch played with our son unknowingly! Siya ang sisira sa friendship natin! I couldn't believe her! Sabihin mo mga sa akin, Jarrah, saan nagkulang ang parents mo sa pagpapalaki sa iyo, ha? Namumukod tangi ka sa lahat---Aaahhh!"

"Domi naman! Calm down, okay!? Don't be mad! Baka mapaaga labor mo niyan!" Pagpapanic ni Cain at hinagod ang likod ng asawa.

"Sinong hindi mapapaanak ng maaga kung nakikita ko ang pagmumukha niya!?"

Nangilid ang mga luha ni Jarrah. Nagngitngit ang mga ngipin niya sa galit at sama ng loob. Delphine tried hugging her pero itinulak niya ang ina palayo sa kaniya. Tumalim ang tingin ni Octavius sa kaniya.

"What? That's all you can do? Glare at me? I pushed Mom. I hurt her. Are you not mad? Won't you defend her? What!? Why can't you be a perfect husband like Tito Larry t Tita Gwynedd!? Why do you hate Mom, Dad!? Why are you so cold to her, but so normal to your friends!? What's wrong with you!?" Napatayo siya at pinanlisikan ng mga mata si Octavius. Nabigla ang lahat. Natigilan ang mga tao sa paligid at napunta ang atensyon sa kanila.

"I envy them. I envy Caedmon, I envy Midas, I envy all the people whose parents are so intimate to each other! You will go back home, Mom will ask how's your day and you will only say 'Nothing's new' and sleep. When I was younger, you can't even play with me. You're so cold ever since! Even to me! You always---see all the things I do that's wrong. I am tired of trying to please you! Everyone, this great architect is so cold and heartless to his own wife and daughter! He's so heartless, so stop asking me why I grew up to be like a bitch and whore like you guys are saying because it's not my fault for seeking warmth, care, and love to others! My life was miserable because of you two! Why can't we be a perfect family like your friends' family!? How could you see all my wrongs but not my sadness, Dad!?" Naibato ni Jarrah ang kaniyang purse sa ama dahil sa sobrang prustrasyon.

Nabigla sina Kalonice at Midas sa bumungad sa kanila.

"Midas... I truly loved him. I know what I did to him is wrong. I know I was wrong! I am wrong! I cheated on him and that is wrong! And I'm regretting it now. I-I tried... I tried... I gather courage to approach him but I was scared, because I know how much he hates me now. And seeing him with her... With that woman... It keeps on hitting me for how stupid I am for losing him. I want him back. I want to feel his care and love again. Kahit siya na lang ulit. I will gamble everything I have: my reputation, my name..." Tumingin siya kina Latry at Gwynedd na mga natulala. Lumuhod siya sa harapan nila.

"Tita, Tito, please, choose me. I want your son again. I want Midas again! Please, let me be with him. Ako na lang po ulit. Tito Larry, ako na lang po ulit."

"J-Jarrah, stand up. You don't need to kneel, Jarrah---" Nanlaki ang mga mata ni Larry nang makita sina Kalonice at Midas na mga naestatwa sa kanilang kinatatayuan. Napatingin si Jarrah sa kanila. Agad siyang tumayo at lumapit kay Midas at akmang dadambahin ito ng yakap nang hilahin ito ni Kalonice palayo sa kaniya.

"Give him to me, peasant. Midas is mine. Hindi siya bagay sa katulad mong basura." Jarrah muttered in anger.

Kalonice let out a breathe slowly. "No. What made you think that I will let you step on me and let me feel that I'm worthless and undeserving of him?"

"Stop acting so tough, peasant! Jadaty and Jady don't like you! They like me more! So, let us be and leave! I'm back and I'm taking what's mine again!" Sapilitang hinila ni Jarrah si Midas na gulong-gulo ang isipan, ngunit hindi binitiwan ni Kalonice ang kaniyang braso.

"Then what do you want me to do?" Lumapit siya kay Jarrah at siya'y itinulak. "Please them? Jarrah, I don't do that and I won't do that. I will never. I make them plead to me until they are already begging. Sila ang magmamaakawa sa akin, HINDI ako."

"Then, why not make him choose between us? Midas, I know that you still love me. I know na ako pa din. Please, Midas. Ako na lang ulit. Ako na lang ulit, Midas!" Ipinagsiksikan ni Jarrah ang kaniyang sarili za katawan ni Midas na hindi pa napoproseso ng utak ang mga nangyayari. He was still in state of shock.

He's now stuck in between.

Hindi lamang isipan niya ang naguguluhan kundi maging ang kaniyang mga emosyon at nararamdaman. Nahihirapan siya.

His parents know that if he's really over her, that if he really want to pursue Kalonice and had moved on long ago, he won't think twice when she let him choose and stay with Kalonice. But they see him having a hard time choosing, that may only lead to one thing.

He still have feelings for Jarrah.

"Midas?" tawag ni Kalonice sa kaniya at tumingin nang diretso sa kaniyang mga mata.

Natatakot siya. Natatakot siya na baka si Jarrah ang piliin nito at hindi siya. Natatakot siya na baka mapahiya siya, na baka bumalik na ito sa kaniya. Ayaw niyang mawala si Midas. Kanina lang ay nabuo na niya ang kaniyang loob at desisyon: susugal na siya at magseseryoso sa relasyon nilang dalawa. He witnessed her battling with her self, she was in her worst and he stayed. He's always been by her side, and the things he have done for her is enough para ibalik na niya ang utang na loob niya may Midas sa paraang pagseseryoso niya sa kung ano mang namamagitan sa kanila. Handa na siya. Handa na siyang sumugal. Pero bakit saka naman pumasok si Jarrah at gustong bumalik sa buhay nito?

"Gusto mo ba siyang makausap muna bago ka makapili talaga, Midas?" Mahinahong sambit ni Kalonice at niluwagan ang pagkakahawak sa kaniyang braso.

"K-Kalonice..."

"F-For closure lang naman. Para maayos niyo na din ang problema niyong dalawa. To...clarify thing between the two of you. Kung ano man ang magiging desisyon mo, tatanggapin ko dahil choice mo naman iyon. Diba sabi ko sa iyo noon, kung siya pa din ang mahal mo, ayos lang sa akin basta masaya ka?" Dhe forced her lips to form a smile. Unti-unti ay binitiwan niya si Midas.

"Maghihintay ako. May tiwala ako sa iyo, Midas. Whatever your choice, I will respect and accept it. Kung sa kaniya ka sasaya," tumingin siya kay Jarrah bago kay Midas muli, "I'm wishing you all the best, may you have the happiness you deserve, even if it's not with me, even if it's not me who caused it."

She gave him an assuring smile before pushing him to go with Jarrah, who was surprised on how she could be so understanding and loose to Midas. Hindi na din naman niya inaksaya pa ang panahon at hinila na palabas si Midas. She smiled at her at bumalik sa kaniyang pwesto. Tahimik lang ang lahat. Walang makaimik.

"Are you sure about that, Kalonice? What if he chose her?" Caedmon.

Bumaling siya sa kaniya nang may malapad na ngiti sa mga labi. "Ayoko namang nasa akin siya pero siya ang iniisip at mahal niya ay si Jarrah, hindi ba?" Bumagsak ang mga balikat ni Caedmon.

Tumingin si Kalonice sa mga bulaklak na nasa kanilang lamesa at pinaglaruan ito. "I just need to trust Midas. If he choose me, I will be glad. Happy. Grateful. Kung ako ang pipiliin niya, sisiguraduhin kong hindi siya magsisisi na ako ang pinili niya. Kung ako ang pipiliin niya, wala siyang dapat na alalahin pa dahil siya lang naman ang lalaking gugustuhin ko."

Napaiwas ng tingin si Caedmon. Hindi na lamang siya tumugon pa. Ayaw na niyang masaktan pa sa kung ano mang lalabas sa bibig ni Kalonice patungkol kay Midas. He knows that if it was Kalonice ay talo na siya. Edana is his only hope para maging kaniya si Kalonice. He loves any of her personality equally. No, he loves Kalonice more. But she sees everything he do as his act of kindness towards her. Kalonice is not blind of his love, she just simply see it as an act of kindness and nothing more.

Will you be angry at him if he will pray that Midas should choose Jarrah instead of Kalonice? It's the only thing he sees as the only option left, an opening para makuha niya si Kalonice nang buong-buo. If Midas will choose Jarrah, he will be beside Kalonice and he will keep her until she fell in love with him madly. So mad that she will forget what she have shared with Midas. So mad that she would not see herself able to live without him.

"But Midas, we could have an affair!? She will never know, Midas. I am willing to be your second option. Anything is fine with me as long as I will be your possession. Midas, please. Papayag akong maging kabit mo basta mahalin mo lang ulit ako."

"Can you hear yourself, Jarrah!? I am not dumb and stupid to commit the same shit you did to me before!"

Iwinaksi ni Midas ang kaniyang mga kamay ngunit nagmatigas si Jarrah at mahigpit siyang niyakap. "I will do anything! Midas, nagmamakaawa ako sa iyo! Gagawin ko lahat! Kahit habangbuhay nating itago 'to, kahit magpakasal kayong dalawa, basta mananatili akong kabit mo, tatanggapin ko! Itatago natin' to, Midas. Walang makakaalam bukod sa ating dalawa. Mahal mo pa naman ako, diba? Mahal na mahal din kita. I'm awake now, Midas! Gising na ako sa katotohanang tanga ako para lokohin ka! That's why I'm here now, I'm here now to rewrite everything. I will give you everything. You don't need to give me anything dahil babawi ako sa iyo. Midas..." Lumuhod siya sa kaniyang harapan.

"I'm begging you, Midas. Ako na lang ulit."

"Jarrah, Jarrah stand up. Stand up, Jarrah! Stand up!" Sapilitan siyang itinayo ni Midas mula sa pagkakaluhod. Nang makatayo ay saka naman niya ito sinunggaban ng halik.

Malakas siyang itinulak ni Midas. "What the fuck is wrong with you!?" Jarrah groaned and kissed him again. She pushed her inside the cottage at inihiga si Midas sa kahoy na upuan.

"JARRAH! STOP! GET OFF OF ME!" Midas is holding himself just so he could not hurt her physically pero naiirita na talaga siya.

Pumaibabaw sa kaniya si Jarrah. Ibinaba nito amh zipper ng suot niyang gown at ibinaba ito, revealing her half-naked body. His eyes widened.

"Tell me, Midas. Tell me. Ayaw mo na ba sa akin? Tell me, Midas. Hindi mo na ba talaga ako mahal?" tanong niya na may kasamang pang-aakit. Umiwas ng tingin si Midas pero iniharap niya ito sa kaniya.

"Jarrah, don't be so desperate. I don't want to make Kalonice sad---"

"Kaya ba siya ang pinipili mo? Dahil malulungkot siya? Manghihinayang? Masasaktan? Bakit hindi mo siya piliin dahil siya ang mahal mo? She said if it's me who you really love, ayos lang sa kaniya, diba? So, why not do it? Choose me, Midas. Choose me. This time, we will be the happiest." She put his pants' zipper down at itinaas ang laylayan ng suot niyang gown. Midas stopped her.

"Ayokong mag-iba ang trato sa akin ni Kalonice! We shared everything already, and we swear to each other after our promises. I don't want to see her so broken after all the things I've said to her, Jarrah. I don't want to hurt Kalonice more, Jarrah. Now, get off of me. Babalik na ako sa kaniya---" Tumakas ang isang ungol sa kaniyang labi nang sumakay si Jarrah sa kaniya.

"That's why I proposed to be your mistress. We'll have an affair, and nobody will know because I will befriend her. I will be the one to put up a show. How about that, Midas? I won't demand anything. Just your warmth, care, and love again. Please." She slowly kiss his lips kahit na hindi ito tumutugon. Nakatitig lamang si Midas sa kaniya. Ngumiti siya ng matamis kay Midas bago niya ipinikit ang kaniyang mga mata.

Hanggang sa ito'y naging isang ngisi nang tumugon si Midas at humawak sa kaniyang bewang.

Inabutan ni Caedmon ng tubig si Kalonice na hindi mapakali. Nagpasalamat ito sa kaniya at maliit na ngumiti. The party went smooth. Gwynedd and Larry are absent in their table dahil humihingi sila ng paumanhin sa bagong kasal dahil sa eksenang nangyari kanina. Naintindihan naman nila ito at hindi na pinalaki pa.

Meanwhile, Delphine is feeling dizzy as she recall the words her daughter said. It was playing inside her head, stuck on a replay at hindi niya makalimutan. To be honest, kahapon pa lang ay masama na ang pakiramdam niya. Hindi lamang siya dumadaing kay Octavius dahil wala naman itong pakialam. The last time she got sick ay tumawag lang ito ng doktor para siya'y alagaan at umalis ito papuntang Canada upang dumalo sa isang party. Dalawang araw itong wala. Nang umuwi ito ay para bang hangin lamang siya.

Nahagod niya ang dibdib. Her chest was being tender and her breast are swollen. Nakaupo lang naman siya pero pakiramdam niya ay buong araw siyang nagtrabaho dahil sa pagod na nararamdaman. She's getting annoyed and irritated sa hindi malamang dahilan.

"Delphy, are you hungry? Here, eat." Cain put a plate in front of her. Napatingin siya sa pagkaing nasa kaniyang harapan. Siya'y ngumuwi.

"Sorry, Cain, but I don't like it," mahinahon niyang sabi at itinulak ang plato papunta sa kaniya. Nabigla si Cain.

"B-But that's lobster? That's your favorite?" gulat na lintaya nito at hindi makapaniwala. Ngayon lang ito tumanggi sa paborito nitong seafood.

"Why don't you like it?" Tanong ni Octavius na walang emosyon ang mukha. Napayuko si Delphine at napilitang kuhanin muli ang plato.

"You don't need to eat it if you really don't want to?" Cain stated, uncertain and nervous.

Delphine shook her head at isinubo ang lobster. Her tears welled up as she chew the food. She forced herself to swallow it.

"Delphy, you don't need to eat it. It's okay, we'll get you another food na lang, okay?" Kinuha ni Cassandra ang kaniyang plato at sinamaan ng tingin si Octavius. Umalis siya kasama si Cain na inaalalayan siya.

Pinagmasdan ni Octavius ang asawa na patagong umiiyak. Bumalik sa kaniya ang sinabi ng kaniyang anak.

Umiwas na lamang siya ng tingin kay Delphine at hinayaan ito. Napabaling siya kay Kalonice. Shebwas patiently waiting for Midas. Though, her uneasiness is obvious, she remained on her seat with a smile on her lips as she look at the other guests. Ang dating noon sa kaniya ay kaya lang ito ngumingiti para hindi siya kaawaan ng mga ito.

Dumating na muli sina Larry at Gwynedd. Ang tanging wala na lamang sa kanilang mesa ay sina Midas at Jarrah. Walang nagsalita sa kanila. They are also waiting. They can't imagine how it will end up. Nape-pressure din sila. Ilang minuto nang wala ang dalawa. But Kalonice will still wait here patiently until she gets to know Midas' choice.

"Hi, Kalonice!"

Tumaas ang tingin ni Kalonice sa tumawag sa kaniya. It was Altair's bride, wearing her dollar smile.

Bumeso ito sa kaniya bago umupo sa bakanteng upuan sa kaniyang tabi na para kay Midas. "A-Ate Wayne..."

"Ohohoho! Don't call me 'Ate'! I'm just three years older than you, okay? Pfft!" Hagikgik nito at hinawakan ang kaniyang kamay.

"I hope you're enjoying my wedding. I'm so glad to see you here again. How are things going up with you and Caedmon? Oh, wait. You're into the Yzaguirre one." She wiggled her eyebrows at her. Natawa si Kalonice.

"I'm enjoying, Ate. And we're fine. We are...fine."

Wayne was not convinced. "Hmmm, really? Well, you better be. If he hurt you, I will crush his head down there! I won't let any man hurt my baby Kalonice. Come here, let me hug you. I missed you so much!"

Lumapit si Kalonice sa kaniya. Wayne hugged her really tight. "I know he's handling you right. I've seen it, and Hassan told me what happened to you. I hope he's already the one. I know he's like Hassan too. He will accept you too the way he accepted me. Acceptance and understanding runs in their blood. I doubt about those old hags and old faggots. Hmmmp. They hate me."

"Didn't sound new to me," extra ni Caedmon at natawa. Pinalo siya ni Wayne at bumungisngis.

"By the way, can you give this to him?" Iniagay ni Wayne ang dala-dala niyang paper bag sa lamesa.

"W-What's that, Ate?" Tanong ni Kalonice.

Wayne smirked at he mischievously. "His possessions." She gave her a wink. She kisses her cheek saka mabilis na umalis upang lapitan ang asawa. Nagtaka naman si Kalonice. Ang pag-alis ni Wayne ay saka naman pagdating ni Midas na walang ekspresyon ang mukha. Umupo siya sa tabi ni Kalonice na naghihintay.

"I chose you, Kalonice."

Halos malagutan siya ng hininga. Sa wakas ay lumuwag ang kaniyang dibdib. Mahigpit niyang niyakap si Midas na agad namang gumanti rin ng yakap sa kaniya. Jarrah came in with swollen eyes and sat on her seat.

"I...I want to say sorry to all the things I did to you, Kalonice..."

Kumalas sa yakap si Kalonice kay Midas at siya'y hinarap. "Midas cleared everything to me. And he chose you, which I wholeheartedly accepted. I hope you will make him happy. I'm sorry, Kalonice. I'm so, so sorry." Natutop niya ang bibig at humagulgol ng iyak.

Maluha-luha namang ngumiti si Kalonice sa kaniya at mabilis na tumango. "I understand. I am sorry too. I'm sorry too, Jarrah. I'm sorry."

Tumayo si Jarrah at ngumiti saka siya nilapitan upang mayakap. Sa kanila ay bumenta ito, pero kay Cassandra ay hindi. Alam na niya ang galawan ng lahat ng mga ahas. Never itong gumapang nang diretso. Paliko-liko ito upang maguluhan ang kaniyang magiging biktima. At iyon ang ginagawa niya ngayon.

Acting so kind and friendly para makuha ang loob ni Kalonice. She knows that she's up to something. She will never trust the same bitch that fooled her son before. Not Jarrah. Anyone but Jarrah.

"Excuse me."

Hindi nakayanan ni Caedmon ang bigat sa kaniyang dibdib at kahit wala pa silang sinasabi ay umalis na siya. Tumungo siya sa tabing dagat at doon inilabas ang mga luhang hindi niya akalaing matutuloy ang pagbuhos.

Umasa siya. Umasa siyang si Jarrah ang pipiliin ni Midas. Wala na. Wala na talaga siyang pag-asang makuha ang loob ni Kalonice at turuan siyang mahalin siya. Midas won this time. It was decided. It was his defeat. And he could not bear its aftermath.

When the dance floor was opened for couples ay inaya ni Midas si Kalonice na sumali sa kanila. Nasa gitna na agad sina Larry at Gwynedd na para bang sila ang ikinasal at may spotlight pa sa kanila. Sumunod sa kanila si Cain at Cassandra, talking dirty to each other. Jarrah was out. Hindi na niya tatapusin ang party at dumiretso na sa hotel upang magpahinga. Who's left in their table was Octavius and his wife. Hindi nagkikibuan ang mga ito. Delphine is bowing while playing with her fingers. She wants to dance too, but it's impossible for Octavius to invite her.

Pero nakita niya ang kamay nitong nakalahad sa kaniyang harapan. Nanlalaki ang mga mata siyang tumingin dito. "Let's dance," seryoso nitong sabi. He didn't sound cold when he said those words. She feel like crying.

She accepted his hand. Itinayo siya ni Octavius at dinala sa dance floor. Instead of doing the typical slow dance movw, Octavius pulled her close to him on her waist and hugged her tight. Natulala si Delphine. She never been this close to him before. He was always distant to her. Hindi niya alam kung anong nakain nito, pero gusto niyang malaman para ipagluto niya ito ng iba't ibang putahe ngunit iyon lamang ang sahog.

Hindi niya na napigilan ang sarili at naluha. Mahigpit na mahigpit niyang niyakap si Octavius, feeling his warmth on her. She doesn't want to let him go. She doesn't want them to part. If only she could, she would stop the time so they could stay like this longer. Perhaps forever.

"Delphine?"

"Hmmm?"

"Wait for me." Naguluhan siya sa sinabi nito. "Will you?"

Bahagya siyang kumalas sa pagkakayakap sa kaniyang asawa upang ito'y matingnan. And for the very first time, he looked at her softly and not coldly.

"Always, Octavius. I will wait for you even if it takes you forever. I will wait for you. I will..." Tumulo ang kaniyang mga luha at napapikit. Octavius buried her face to his chest and sighed.

Millions of words he wanted to say, but he couldn't. Not that he's being a coward, not that he does not have enough courage, it was because he just can't. He's waiting for somebody to show up. He's waiting for somebody to be finally found so he could be free. He's caged to his own guilt, not to his love for her. He's enslaved to his own guilt and regret, not to her love. He wants to her. Talking to her us the key of his freedom. If it didn't ended up well, as long as he already said all the things he wanted to say to her, it will still be his freedom. Freedom to finally move forward with no regrets and anything holding him back, freedom from loving his wife.

When that time comes, Cain and Larry will envy him.

"I love you, Octavius..." Delphine whispered to him as she listen to his heartbeat. He let her listen to its beating. Delphine was confused when it suddenly bests faster than normal. But she couldn't take her ear away from it, because its sounds calms her. It soothes her. It tells her something that Octavius will not tell by his words. Like he's in love with her too.

"Do you really think...that you can get rid of me that quick?"

Midas paused from eating. All of them turn their heads to Edana, who is glaring at Midas.

"Why are you so persistent?" Dumiin ang pagkakahawak ni Midas sa mga kubyertos.

But instead of answering his question, Edana snickered, "You chose Kalonice instead of her. Really, Yzaguirre? REALLY?"

She averted her gaze at him and looked at her plate. She stab the huge lobster with her knife. "You pity her. I could tell who is lying to me and who is pretending. You are both."

Naguluhan sina Gwynedd sa mga nilintaya niya. Tumingin sila kay Midas na hindi magawang makaimik. Para bang may bumara sa kaniyang lalamunan.

"I am the reason why Kalonice is free. I am the master behind all the tactics and strategies for our escape plans. I can easily sense danger and pain in any forms, whether it's physical pain, emotional, or mental. That's why I want to tell you this, Larzen Yzaguirre,"

Huminga siya ng malalim. Hinati niya ang lobster at dinampot ang tinidor upang paglayuin ang laman nito.

"If you won't be honest by now, the following days will be filled with nothing but lies and guilt. Your happiness will be just a phantom. And you will carry all the regrets until your grave. There's no forgiveness. Perhaps, the only forgiveness we could accept is your DEATH."

Shivers run all over their body. Caedmon shook his head and continued consuming his meal. Edana rarely get serious. When she's being like this, he couldn't help but see Hate on her. It feels like she's on Edana as she let those words go out of her mouth. It ain't new, but he's not used to it. Edana speak for what she could feel, what her radars are getting, and what her instincts are telling. He believes in her words. And it worries him.

"What are you saying? I wouldn't choose Kalonice if I do not want to be with her," ani Midas na nakatingin sa kaniya, ngunit ang kaniyang mga kamay ay nanginginig. Cassandra noticed them. And was suspicious.

Edana smiled mockingly at him and put the fork with lobster inside her mouth. "Regardless that shit, I don't care. Wouldn't it be ironic when Kalonice survived all those misery but end up getting ruined by a single man damned by his ex-girlfriend? Get rid of us, I dare you. Rid us, and see her shattering like a fine wine glass. Get rid of us, Larzen Yzaguirre. And I swear to the devil in hell," she took the empty wine glass and drops it down the floor. Napatingin ang lahat sa kanilang gawi.

"He.will.fetch.you.SOON." Matamis siyang ngumiti bago tumayo, ngunit agad ding umupo nang may maalala.

"And oh, Wayne wants to give this to you,"

Mas lalong tumamis ang kaniyang ngiti nang itapon niya sa lamesa ang mga laman ng paper bag. A phone, wallet, and a jacket.

Napasinghap sila. Ngumisi si Edana sa naging reaksyon ni Midas. It was PRICELESS.

"Nymph missed you so fucking much." At doon ay tumayo na siya saka hinila si Caedmon paalis sa kanilang pwesto. Tumungo sila sa lamesa ng kanilang mga kakilala, galak na galak na makita silang dalawa ni Caedmon na magkasama.

Midas lifted his hand and reach out the phone. He can't be wrong. These are his belongings. These are the things Nymph toom from him that night. Now that he remembered, he seriously forgot about her. He became focused to Kalonice and his attentions are all going to her. He remembered his supposed revenge against Nymph; but ever since Kalonice came into his life, he forgot many things like his world only revolves around her.

He became blind for a moment and Jarrah came to open his eyes again and see the things clearer. Kalonice made him blind, and he couldn't imagine how his life would be if Jarrah never came back. He will forever be succumb by the blinding kindness of Kalonice, and will stray further from reality, forgetting the world. He was cursed. Kalonice cursed him.

Sumulyap si Edana sa kaniyang gawi. Umismid siya bago napa-irap. She mean it when she dared him to rid them. After all, they still have an ace.

The famous patron of the hoes, the serial killer among them.

No other than Nymph.

If he really tried to rid them, she will leave him in her hands. She already planned everything in that short moment. Wych will handle the rest of his family and they will live happily ever after.

Happily ever after.