Chapter 35

"Ugh, red again? My wedding's theme is gold and white, okay? You can't wear red, Edana! You will have everybody's attention!" Wayne complain as she scold Edana with her arms on her waist.

"Well, I love attention," Edana gave her a flying kiss. "Thanks, Wayne. You're the best~" she sang and went out of her room. She heard Wayne groan in frustration na tinawanan na lamang niya.

"Ah, yeah. I remember that. Hahaha! You should---"

Naputol sa pagsasalita si Caedmon nang mapansin ang pagdating ni Edana. Umayos siya ng tayo at siya'y pinagmasdan. He bit his lower lip and whimper under his breath, "Damn," as the hot thing ramps toward their table.

Her lips are coated in glossy red lipstick. Her hair is curled and was down, bouncing gracefully as she take steps. Her spaghetti strapped crop top ascentuates her ant waist, plus her chest size. Partnered with a tight skirt with a slit with 5-inch red heels, Edana is really a devil and brought the entire hell with her.

She flick her fingers right after his face to bring him back to reality. "You're drooling, Alterio," she tease.

Caedmon gulped and wiped the sides of his lips. Edana chuckled. She couldn't believe that he believed her. She was just teasing him and he took it seriously. "You're way hotter and...sexier than the usual you..."

He fit her waist on his hands. He pulled her close to his body. Edana stared at his eyes before claiming his lips hungrily.

"Ooohhhh!!!" Their mates laughed at them. Edana snake her hands on his neck, deepening their kiss.

On the other hand, Wayne and Altair are talking to the guest as they walk out of the room to go to the room next door since Wayne's party with her mates are about to begin. However, the people in the huge table refused to leave. Midas can't leave knowing that Edana and Caedmon are together also, Gwynedd and Larry couldn't take risk. Their son might cause something scandalous so they will stay with him. Cassandra and Cain wants to party with them too since they get along really well with Wayne's mates. Octavius and Delphine choose to stay too because they will feel out of place in the room full of elites.

"Bro, take her and get a room! Hahahaha! Shameless as ever!" sabi ng isa at tumayo. The lights went wild. Nagmistulang club ang buong kwarto. The DJ played a hiphop song.

Edana break their kiss and take him in the dance floor. Wayne followed with Altair feeling embarrassed. "Come on, baby! Let's go dance!" aniya at hinawakan ang mga kamay ng asawa. One of her mates gave Caedmon a microphone. Natatawa niyang sinabayan ng kanta ang tugtugin habang hinahawakan ang katawan ni Edana.

"Hey, hey, hey, hey!" sigawan nila at doon ay inilabas nila ang mga alak. Sumali agad si Edana at pinuno ang kaniyang baso. Uminom siya, ngunit hindi niya nilunok, saka lumapit kay Caedmon at isinalin sa bibig nito ang alak. He wholeheartedly drink it. Liquor tastes so much better if it came from her mouth.

"Son..." pag-aalalang tawag ni Larry kay Midas na nananatiling nanonood sa kanila. Nagtinginan sila bago bumuntong hininga.

"Alright, alright! Let's have a showdown! I'm betting to the Queen of the Dance floors! Woooh! Go, Wayne!" sigaw ng mga ito. Natawa si Wayne.

"Edana, don't lose!" Tawa ni Caedmon at tinungga ang isang bote ng alak. The two went in the middle.

"Sis, I'm telling you, you should back out while you still can," hagikgik ni Wayne.

Edana smirked. "Try me."

Naunang sumayaw si Wayne. The fact that she's wearing a gown didn't became a hindrance to execute smooth dance moves. She effortlessly nailed it. She winked at her husband before striking a pose, smirking at Edana.

But she ended her with something sexy and seductive. Nasamid si Cain kaya agad siyang sinampal ng asawa. Walang naging reaksyon si Larry dahil nakatitig lamang siya kay Gwynedd na nanlalaki ang mga mata dahil sa natunghayan. Ganun din si Octavius na parang bato.

"How about that? Bet I stole your husband with my moves, Wayne,"

"Ugh, you're such a bitch!" Anito at ibinagsak ang mga balikat. Nagtawanan silang lahat. Lumapit si Wayne kay Altair at yumakap dito habang nakanguso.

Edana shrugged before going back to Caedmon.

They share a toast. A couple within their mates started dancing and singing to Señorita, which they followed. Before the song reach its ending, Caedmon pulled Edana out habang abala ang mga ito. Hindi nila sila napansin kaya sila'y nagtuluy-tuloy until they reached the forest.

They made out and had two rounds before going back inside, acting as if nothing happened. They drowned their selves in liquors. They were in stitches when one of their mates vomits, followed by another and so it goes.

"But I'm sore, Caedy~" Edana pouted before burying her face in Caedmon's neck.

Halos malagutan ng hininga sa kakaubo sina Larry at Cain dahil sa kaniyang sinambit. Lumaki ang mga mata ni Midas na para bang nakakita ng multo at nanlamig. They kissed in front of them. Hindi na kinaya ni Midas ang pagtitimpi at inagaw si Edana saka ito kinaladkad palabas.

That's where their party ended. Cassandra took his son out too dahil lasing na lasing naman na din ito. Si Cain na ang nagpaalam sa kanila. He also reminded Altair to take good care of his wife and congratulated him in the end.

"Hmmmm... You're being so rough and aggressive, Caedmon. Destroy me, please," ungol ni Edana habang pagulong-gulong sa kama. Hindi siya pinansin ni Midas at hinubaran. Pinalitan niya siya ng damit gamit ang kaniyang pang-loob na shirt.

"Sleep. You're drunk."

Pumunta siya sa banyo at naghanap ng towel at malalagyan ng tubig. Pagbalik niya ay mahimbing na ang tulog ni Edana. May suka ito sa gilid ng kama. Before cleaning her mess, he removed her make up ane accessories.

Habang binabanlawan ang towel ay napaisip siya.

Edana's threats got into him. She was right. Kanina pa lang ay nagsimula na siyang magsinungaling kay Kalonice. He chose her out of pity. Madami na itong dinanas na masasakit at ayaw niyang dagdagan pa ang mga iyon kaya siya ang pinili niya, in exchange of an affair and deal with Jarrah.

Pero hindi niya din naman maatim na lolokohin niya lang si Kalonice. His talk with Jarrah gave him enlightenment na siya pa din nga talaga. It was still Jarrah after all this time. No, scratch that. That is wrong. The truth is,

HE WANTS TO TAKE REVENGE.

He suffered for years. Shame, embarassment, she turned him cold and arrogant. He will never be the same as before again. Gagantihan niya si Jarrah sa pagpapaniwala dito. He will dump her in the most painful way. He will ruin her life twice the time she did to him. He will give her false hopes. He will make her believe. And in the end, it will still be Kalonice.

Nagtatalo ang kaniyang isipan at puso. Hindi niya alam kung sino sa dalawa ang dapat niyang sundin. His heart craves for vengeance and his mind tells him so not to, that he should move on and forget, he already have Kalonice and he will be happy. But his heart lets him remember all the pain Jarrah made him feel. Hopelessness, despair, and his change that spread discrimination and hate---all because of Jarrah.

Nagpalit muna siya ng damit bago tinabihan si Edana.

He will still push what they made up. He will tame Kalonice to his Auntie to treat her. Kalonice agreed to it anyway kaya wala nang magagawa pa si Edana. He badly want her personalities gone. As long as Edana still exists, Caedmon will always hinder his way. Both of them conceded defeat after knowing the truth that Jarrah is playing with them. He will win this time by getting Kalonice. Ang hirap lang ng sitwasyon nila. Siya ang gusto ni Kalonice ngunit si Caedmon naman ang gusto ni Edana. They are taking a fragile road. With one move, everything will crumble down.

"I know you will understand me, Kalonice. I will end this quick. Once I'm dome with Jarrah, we will be together forever. I promise you." Hinalikan niya ang noo ng babae at humiga sa kaniyang tabi. Mahigpit niya siyang niyakap. Inamoy-amoy siya ni Edana na para bang kinikilala.

When she opened her eyes, his heart was filled in joy after knowing it was Kalonice.

"Salamat, Midas. Huwag mo akong iiwan, ha?"

Ngumiti si Midas at agad na tumango. "Hmmm. I will never." He kissed her forehead once again and closes his eyes.

Indeed, and angel's arms wrapping around him is better than a snake choking him while he was asleep.

"You should rest. Here, your clothes. Change."

Inabot ni Delphine ang dinalang damit kay Octavius. Tumingin ito sa kaniya. Inaalis nito ang kaniyang tie. Ibinaba niya agad ang damit sa kama at agad siyang nilapitan. "Let me do it," presinta niya at ibinaba ang mga kamay ni Octavius. Marahan niyang inalis ang pagkakabuhol ng tie nito at naglakad papunta sa lamesa kung nasaan ang bag nila. Itinabi niya roon ang tie.

Nang matapos ay humarap siya kay Octavius. "Do you need--" Napasinghap siya at agad na tumalikod. Natigilan si Octavius at napatingin sa kaniya dahil sa reaksyon nito bago tuluyang hinubad ang kaniyang pang-itaas.

"What is it?" aniya at inalis ang kaniyang belt.

"I-I'm sorry. I didn't know you were about to change. I-I'll go change too..." Natatarantang kinuha ni Delphine ang kaniyang night gown. Nakayuko siyang naglakad patungo sa direksyon ng banyo, para na din hindi makita ang magandang katawan ni Octavius.

"What's on the floor and you're looking down?" Octavius.

Siya'y natigilan sa paglalakad nang makita ang mga paa nito sa kaniyang harapan. Dumako ang kaniyang tingin sa pants nitong nasa sahig. Siya'y napalunok at umatras.

"I-I'm going to c-change..." utal niya at umiwas ng tingin. Itinaas ni Octavius ang kaniyang baba. Madiin siyang pumikit upang hindi makita ang hubo niyang katawan.

Her eyes went wide when he felt his lips on hers. Their eyes met kaya naman mas lalong nanlaki ang kaniyang mga mata. Agad siyang nakaramdam ng kakaiba at nakakaliting sensasyon.

Nanatili siyang nakatayo habang nakatulala sa mga mata ni Octavius. He's not moving his lips. Magkalapat lamang ang mga ito habang sila'y nagtititigan. Nanlambot ang mga tuhod ni Delphine. Her face went red.

Nang makabalik sa wisyo ay agad siyang lumayo kay Octavius at natakpan ang bibig. "I-I'm sorry! I'm sorry! I-I didn't mean to kiss you!" Paghingi niya agad ng tawad sa kaniya at hindi magawang tumingin sa ibaba.

Kumunot ang noo ni Octavius. "Why are you sorry? It was me who kissed you." Kinuha niya ang nakatiklop na damit sa kama at ito'y isinuot. Pinagmasdan niya ang mayuming asawa.

Delphine hugged herself habang nakaiwas ng tingin.

Octavius kept on staring at her as he dress himself. Delphine is always trying her best to be the perfect wife for him. She does not work at palagi lamang nasa bahay. Madalang din ito kung umalis. He doesn't know what she does when she's alone in their huge mansion. He doesn't know any of her hobbies, likes, and even her dislikes. She accepts anything he offers. She never said 'NO' to him. She's a shy woman who is very sweet and caring. And a loving wife.

"Octavius!" Singhap ni Delphine nang bigla na lamang siyang hinila ni Octavius at itinapon sa kama. Pinaibabawan siya nito.

She quiver. Hindi siya makapaniwala nang halikan siya nito sa leeg. Hindi rin maproseso ng kaniyang utak ang nangyayari.

Was he drunk? Pero hindi naman ito masyadong uminom. She's dying to know what food he have eaten for him to act like this towards her. Madalas ay nakikipagsiping lamang sa kaniya si Octavius kapag lasing na lasing ito na may kasamang pagod dahil sa trabaho. It happens once in a blue moon. Sa loob ng isang taon ay hindi pa.

Natigilan si Octavius sa ginagawa nang maramdaman ang pagkabasa ng kaniyang pisngi. Tumingin siya kay Delphine. Nanlaki ang mga mata niya nang makita itong umiiyak.

He was about to move away from her when she wrapped her arms around her quick. "Don't. Please continue. Take me, Octavius. Please, have me."

"You are crying. Are you afraid?" ani Octavius na naguguluhan.

She gently shook her head. "I am happy." She smiles at him. She suppress her sobs.

Tuluyang umalis si Octavius sa pagkakapatong sa kaniya. "You're crying. Did I do something that made you cry?" aniya habang nakatalikod kay Delphine na nadismaya sa kaniyang pag-alis. Ngayon ay nagbibihis na si Octavius.

Hindi sumagot si Delphine at tinakpan ang buong mukha. "I was never enough, right? I was...I will never be enough for you, Octavius."

His eyebrows met and looked back at her.

"How long are we going to play this set up? Octavius, you never made me happy. I envy your friends' wives. They're so happy. They are having children. Why can't you to me?" Natulala si Octavius at umiwas ng tingin.

"I know that you are unhappy too. I know that you wish it was Margaret that carries your name instead of me. I know that you hoped that it was her you married. I know that...that you still love her, Octavius. But you see, you know, you can divorce me. That's fine with me. I don't want to stay like this. I want to leave you, but I love you. I know my departure might not even sadden you, but I still worry about you. Everytime. But you're hurting me. What did I do to you to deserve this? Octavius, if you don't really want me, if we have no chance to be happy at all, divorce me now. I'm exhausted! I don't work, I don't do household chores, but this set up! This set up exhausts me! Love me, Octavius! Is it that hard to forget her!?"

Delphine held her chest and writhe from the pain that crushes her heart. Octavius remained still, listening to her painful sobs.

"But who am I to blame you, anyway? We are forced to play this set up made by our parents. Hmmm, my parents. They used me to pay what they owe to your parents. They only made me to repay them. That's how much I worth. My worth... I exist only to pay their debts..."

"Delphine..." Octavius turned around to face her. Hinawakan niya ang braso ni Delphine. Hindi ito kumibo. She remained sobbing. Hinarap niya ito sa kaniya. Umawang ang kaniyang bibig nang makita itong natutulog.

She fell asleep due to fatigue. She fell asleep while upset. She fell asleep while she was in the middle of pain.

Bumagsak ang mga balikat ni Octavius at sumampa sa kama. Binuhat niya si Delphine at itinaas sa unan. Pinagmasdan niya ang napakaamo nitong mukha. Pinawi niya ang kaniyang mga luha ngunit patuloy pa din ang mga ito sa pag-agos. She's hurt deep within that she cries while she was asleep.

He didn't know if it was the truth, but his parents told him about it. The Schowlers, Delphine's family, owes the Lisieux a huge one. The Schowlers are known for their plantations. However, a calamity destroyed them and the expenses costs more than their yearly income. They went to the Lisieux to reach out for help yet Octavius' father was hesitating. Thus, an absurd and crazy idea went into Mr. Schowler's mind. If they will have a daughter, she will marry his first son. If it will be a boy, he will serve to them for the rest of his life. Mr. Lisieux thought he was just kidding so he accepted it, but he never meant that he actually agreed to his proposal.

The Schowlers finally rebuilt their plantations and continues the production of the people's in-demand needs. Months passed and the Lisieux received a letter saying that Mrs. Schowler is finally pregnant. A year later, they went to them to introduce their newborn daughter and it was Delphine. They only made Delphine to pay what they owe them.

They delivered her to an all-girls school, hired a tutor that will teach her everything about being a wife at the age of 10, forced her to be woman when she was 15, and married Octavius and bear his daughter, Jarrah, at the age of 17.

She never had the chance to play during her childhood. All she ever did is study and become a perfect woman for Octavius. She had no choice but to obey everything they told her to. Instead of barbie dolls, she holds a mannequin baby on her hands. Instead of wearing doll shoee, she wore heels. Put on make up and a glossy lipstick. Her parents are the script writers and she does everything that they have written. She lived her life with no happiness and love. Her daughter disrespects her for being weak. Her daughter hates her for being weak. She's too weak and broken, yet she taught her self how to smile. If no one will give her happiness, whe will find it by her own.

"I am sorry... I'm so, so, so...sorry, Delphine. I am sorry," he softly whispered under his breath. His tears fell on her face as he kiss her forehead.

"Please don't give up on me yet. Delphine, don't give up on me yet. I love you. I love you, Delphine. I love you. I'm sorry."

Mahigpit niyang niyakap ang asawa at sumubsob sa leeg nito. He finally said it. He finally said the words he's been wanting to say ever since. The words that's one of the things he's been to afraid to say, one of the things that he find so hard to say.

After shedding his tears for minutes, he part himself from. Her at kumuha ng basang towel upang punasan ang kaniyang mukha. He removed her make up, revealing her true beauty. He took her nightgown and changed her. He removed her necklace before her bangles.

Horror filled his eyes and gazes at Delphine. Natakpan niya ang bibig at hinaplos ang pulsuhan nito gamit ang kaniyang hinlalaki.

Nagsitulo ang kaniyang mga luha.

Now he knows why she wears too many bangles. They are to hide the cuts she made on her wrists.

Tumingala si Octavius upang pigilan ang pagtulo ng kaniyang mga luha. His teeth gritted as he hold himself from sobbing that may wake her up. Covering his mouth, he left their room and went outside to breathe fresh air. He went by the seashore and cried as hard as he could.

Cain was on his way back to their room, holding a bunch of lettuces, when he heard blubbers nearby. He stopped and looked around. And he couldn't believe his eyes when it sees Octavius, crying his heart out.

He never seen Octavius cry before, but it doesn't mean that he has a stone heart. He's still human surrounded by walls to keep himself safe. He is not heartless. He is not merciless either. He knows that he's going through a battle on his own, and he is not reaching them out for help. He is battling alone, with his own self as his worst opponent.

Umiwas siya ng tingin at pumasok na sa loob. Napabuga siya ng hangin nang maabutang tulog na ang asawa. Lumabas-labas pa siya para dumekwat ng mga lettuce. Tutulugan din lang pala siya nito.

He sighed and left the bowl on the table saka siya tinabihan. He hugged her ngunit tinapik nito ang kaniyang kamay at siya'y tinalikuran. Napakamot na lang siya sa ulo at sinubukan ulit. Hindi na siya nito tinapik. Napangiti siya at mahigpit itong niyakap.

"Love you, my Domi." And he kisses her on her cheek before falling asleep.