Chapter 11

Play Song

I've been staying at Casey's house for a couple of weeks as I haven't been able to cope with the death of my brother, I've been lounging around, crying all the time, like today.
"Pey, come on! You need to stop this" Casey whispers, flinging an arm around my neck and one on the lower part of my back "I can't Case, he's my brother and I could've done something to save him" I sob into his chest, "We both know you're blaming yourself because that's the easier thing to do than come to terms of what happened" he whispers again, kissing my forehead, "It's 5 in the morning babe, go to bed" he adds
"I don't want to, I want to sit down here, alone" I whisper back, sniffing "Don't babe me either" I scoff, pulling away, moving away also "Peyton I'm trying to help" he says a little louder this time "We'll you're not helping Case! Im hurting. My brothers just killed himself. His funeral is tomorrow and you want me to go to fucking bed. Please. Give it a rest" I shout, this time causing everyone apart from the kids to come downstairs, "Pey why don't I take you out" Chet suggests, I nod my head and slip on my boots over my pyjamas and walk out to his car. He takes me to McDonald's and by the time we get back, the kids are awake.
"Mummy!" They yell, "Hey" I whisper "you ok?" Casey asks smiling hugging me
"I'm sorry"I whisper into his chest,

Daniel was my best friend, my brother, my everything. Words cannot describe how hard these past couple of weeks have been! If I could save you Dan, you would be alive forever! I love you more than anything and I promise, Chetly, Harley and Tilley will never forget you!

Was what my note said, I threw it into the coffin as Casey help me tight, I watched them lower my brother down and that was the day I knew I had to be strong. For my children.