Chapter 53: One song moves an entire movie.

The next few days of shooting weren't very fast but the shots were well taken.

The two Fang Shu's in 'Love Letter' didn't require much acting skills.

The most important thing was that they were suitable for the roles and that they be able to show pure love through their acting in key scenes.

But it didn't need to be too intense such "loving someone to death" or "being unable to live without someone". Chen Huan and Han Dong'er's acting didn't need to be that exaggerated.

But one shouldn't look down on exaggerated acting as not everyone could pull it off.

Even people at the level of Yang Mi and Xu Xiaoming couldn't pull it off.

They needed to act like Ma Jintao in order to not annoy people. (Those are real actors the author is talking about, I didn't get it since I don't watch Chinese drama but Yang Mi is really pretty though.)

While they were shooting, Chen Huan also paid attention to getting more familiar with Han Dong'er.

In the movie, the two people never talked about their feelings but they definitely had some chemistry between them.

Therefore, there must have been at least be some tacit understanding between Chen Huan and Han Dong'er.

That connection was quite simple. As long as people lived together long enough, they would start to develop some form of understanding between each other.

Chen Huan was doing just that. He would chat with Han Dong'er whenever he was free and talk about different topic.

Of course, it was impossible for Han Dong'er to say much to him. Once they started chatting, it was mostly, "Oh.". "En.", "Huh?". That was already considered a lot.

But Chen Huan didn't get discouraged as he persisted with it.

This made the nearby Sun Yan feel vigilant.

You little gigolo, you want to seduce our family's Dong'er?

This afternoon after shooting a scene, Chen Huan originally planned to go chat with Han Dong'er but he saw Zhu Mei, Ding Lun and Shi Liyou come back with a grin on their faces.

"You guys won the lottery?" Chen Huan first reaction to them was this.

"Of course not!" Zhu Mei was still more restrained but Ding Lun couldn't stop his excitement, "Xiao Huan, 'Paper Kite's first week box office came first! It's 15 million!"

"15 million in the first week?" Chen Huan asked with hesitation.

"Xiao Huan, you can't be too greedy." Shi Liyou seemed to have understood him as he said, "The box office of literary movies can't be compared to those commercial films. First of all, the number of theatres screening it was limited. Xuanwu Filming got us onto 200 screens, which is already a very good number.

The ticket price for artsy films was also cheaper as they don't have 3D or IMAX screens and were usually around 15 yuan. Moreover, we can't be like those blockbusters and it is already very good for us if we can fill 30% of the seats on prime-time slots and weekends.

If we count it like that, do you think it's still low for us to get 15 million in a week? You have to know, even if we add the 1 million for advertising, the whole movie didn't cost more than 7 million! With the box office this week, we already secured back the capital and the next week will be pure profit! If we wait for 3 to 4 weeks, it won't be a problem for us to earn dozens of millions more!"

"It was all thanks to Chen Huan's 'Mama Do You Remember'." Zhu Mei also immediately praised him.

'Mama Do You Remember'?