⍣ ೋ Chapter 23 ೋ ⍣

A/n

Hi how has everyone been? :D

I haven't updated for a day and I feel so dead send help.

BUT ALSO EGGSKEPPY AND SADBOYHALO JHFGJ

AND STREAMYS AHHHH TOO MANY THINGS ALL AT ONCE. Idk I just saw a yt theory on dream's potential face reveal at streamys but im just pumped to see him speedrun the whole thing :,)

Y/n first person pov

It Sounded familiar...

"Clay, I feeeeel like Ive heard your wheeze somewhere" My dumb blabbing self spouted out.

"O-oh! Must b-be a coincidence ahaha..." Clay chucked nervously as he got up from behind the kitchen counter.

I took his word for it and decided not to push the questioning further since Clay just helped me but I knew that this would repeat in my head until I got an answer eventually.

We then sat down and ate our dinner which was now cold but we didn't mind at all, in fact we were too busy chatting to bother about the cold meal at all. Although I was a little disappointed as the dish I ordered for Clay was one of my favourites and its not as good when its cold.

ding dong

My doorbell? No one ever comes to visit me, now this is fishy-

But before I could answer the door, Clay stood up and did it instead. I peeked over and saw a girl handing him a few bags before they hugged and she left. Who, was that?

Clay placed the bags with his backpack in the living room before we casually walked back over to me, as if nothing happened.

"Clay, who was that?" I asked slightly more aggressively than I had intended. yikes.

"Woah relax, its was my sis. She just brought my clothes to stay over. Surprise?" He explained and finished off with awkward jazz hands.

Oops my bad- I probably shouldn't have jumped to random assumptions like that goddangit :(

"Oh- sorry if I was a lil' aggressive, also WHAT?!"

"Im staying overrrr?" He asked confused when IM supposed to be the confused one here.

He then explained that he wanted to stay over longer since I was going through a hard time and as my friend he wanted to be here for me which made me extremely happy. How sweet of him...

Clay first person pov 

I told her it was to support her as her friend but I knew I was lying to her and myself. It was just an excuse for me to spend more time with her wasn't it? 

I was expecting a more excited reaction but I must've really caught her off guard since it was mostly a shocked one. Then something hit me, where was i going to sleep? Probably the couch god why did that question fluster me. 

"Oh! by the way Clay, You can sleep in my room! I'll sleep on the couch." She suddenly said, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Wait what? No I'll sleep on the couch, after all Im the guest here."

"Exactly why as the host, I'll sleep on the couch!"

our bickering went on for a few minutes which was longer than needed but we were both really stubborn and wanted the other to sleep on the bed instead. Finally, we agreed that we would rotate starting from today. So today y/n wanted to sleep on the couch which I was a little reluctant on at first but eventually I gave in.