Chapter 2: Late at Night

Ash's POV

It was around 2 in the morning. I'm still up reading Jack Reacher. Page after page I read, a dim but sufficient lamp giving me light. Suddenly I hear a knock on the door; "Who's awake at this time of night" I thought to myself. I walk up to the door and look through the peep hole; it was Y/N. I took a few seconds for myself to study his face. He looked a little distraught, his hair messy and his eyes a little puffy; the messed up hair just added to how hot he already was. I opened the door for Y/N, immediately coming into eye contact with him. "Hey, you need something?" I asked, clearing my throat afterwards noticing that my voice was a little hoarse. "I couldn't sleep, minds been fucking with me. Mind if I, come in?" he asked, a shy and nervous tone strewn in his talk. "Not at all, you can come in." I say, opening the door more and standing aside. I let him in and I get a quick whiff of his scent; intoxicating almost. I close the door and turn on the main light. "Mind if I take a seat?" he said, pointing at the nearby chair. "No, go ahead." I say, grabbing a glass and filling it with water. I walk up to him and give him the glass, "Drink." he accepts the drink and takes a quick swig before putting it down on the nearby desk. An almost awkward silence ensues, I shoot a quick glance at him, studying his build even more. Not too jacked, just the way I like it. He shoots a glance my way and gives me a quick smirk, causing me to look away in nervousness as I go back to reading my book. "What're you reading there?" he asks. "Jack Reacher, Killing Floor." he lets out a quick whiff of air, "The debut novel, I like it." I'm slightly taken aback; he knows Jack Reacher, if this guy isn't meant for me then I don't know who is. 

I feel something in me get hotter, and hotter. "God, don't tell me I'm feeling hot and bothered in front of the new guy." I thought to myself, loosening the collar of my shirt around my neck. "So, I'm assuming you're FBI, based on that hat there." he said, shooting a look my way. I put down the book and move a little closer to him. "You've got that right." I said, smiling at him. He returns the smile, his left cheek raised slightly higher, fuck he was so cute, and hot. "So, I heard you were Delta, what's your experience? If you don't mind me asking." I said, propping my head up and straightening my back. "Well, been through a lot I must say. Did a total of 6 tours, served in Iraq, Afghanistan, and in Syria. Sandman and the others have been my team mates since Iraq. Tough bastards." he said, letting out a small laugh. "Damn, you must be one hell of a soldier." I said, "Heh, me? You need to see Sandman on the field, the dudes insane; best leader I've ever had the pleasure of working with." he said. I feel something rising in my chest, like some sort of yearning for him. It's like I want more of him. "Fuck Eliza, get your shit under control." I thought to myself. 

Y/N suddenly gets up and walks over to the door, opening it slowly. "Well, thanks for the hospitality, Eliza." he said. I jump to my feet, "Y-You can sleep here if you want." I said, my face reddens like a tomato and my speech stutters, God I'm so nervous. "Uhhh, sure." he said while closing the door. I move on to the edge of the bed, leaving room for Y/N. He sits at the edge of the bed, seemingly thinking about something. I put my hand on his shoulder, "You alright?" He turns to me and smiles, "Yeah, of course." he lays down, and my core starts shaking. My cheeks flush with red even more.

"G'night Eliza"

"G'night Y/N"