9

Erik spent the day looking for houses

Erik spent the day looking for houses. He honestly wanted to leave California all together and move somewhere away from the drama. He loved his daughter but he grew tired of her attitude over the years. Erik blamed himself. From being absent, to cheating consistently. He figured that money would make up for him being gone but in reality, it only created a spoiled child. Cutting her off completely would be best for her. Besides, he had another child on the way and he wouldn't make the same mistake twice. He wanted to be there for his child. He didn't plan on missing anything.

I miss you - Erik
What are you up to? - Erik

You were in the middle of helping your grandma in her garden in her backyard when your phone vibrated. You pulled off your gardening gloves and pulled out your phone, seeing messages from Erik. You had those butterflies again and a big smile appeared on your face.

Helping my grandma water her fruits and vegetables - You
Wyd? - You

I'll assume that means what are you doing? - Erik
I wanted to ask you something - Erik

How old are you again? - You

Old enough to have you limping everywhere - Erik

Old and freaky. I like it 😘 - You
What did you want to ask? - You

What are your plans after you graduate? - Erik

Well I planned on moving to NY to work with a magazine. Something in that field. Why? - You

I planned on moving soon and I wanted to get out of LA. I wasn't sure where this "relationship" was going but if you wanted, maybe we could move in together. I don't want to rush anything. The last thing I want is to ruin this before it even starts - Erik

You didn't have time to read the message before your grandma was pulling you inside to help her do something else.
Erik lounged around his house, waiting for you to text him back. He was scared that he said something wrong. It had been two hours since he sent the message and he was starting to regret it. Even though the two of you were having a kid together, you weren't together and he didn't want to feel like he was pushing you to do something you didn't want to do.

Or maybe not. It's fine - Erik

"Thanks for having me over, grandma. My Lyft is outside so I'm gonna go now" you smile and hug your grandma.
"I love you, Y/N"
"Love you too"
"Be safe. And I promise to keep your secret. Take care of yourself, baby"
"Thanks" you leave her house and climb into your Lyft. You pull your phone out and see you completely forgot to text Erik back, hours ago.

Sorry for replying so late. Moving in together sounds like a good idea...for the baby. You're right, we don't want to ruin this before it begins. But I'm willing to test it out. I have a few concerns though. I'm in my Lyft, we can talk when I get to your house - You

Erik was in the middle of his shower when he got the text from you. He rinsed off, cut the shower off, stepped out and wrapped the towel around his waist. He picked his phone up off the counter and read your message. He breathed a sigh of relief. He was glad that you weren't scared off. If he knew you any better, he would know that there was no scaring you off. You really really liked him and you wanted to be with him. Having his kid was the best thing that could happen to you right now. Hopefully it would bring the two of you closer. But you had to put on an act so Erik didn't think you were too young or immature. You wanted him to view you as the adult you were.

See you soon - Erik

As you walked into Eriks house, you seen the lights were off and candles burned. There was music playing in the background and the table was set. Rose petals were on the floor and Erik was standing in the kitchen drinking from a glass tumbler.
"Welcome back" he smiled at you.
"Hey..." you looked around, stunned. He did all this?
"I hope you're hungry. I didn't cook but I had someone cook for us" he walked towards you slowly and wrapped his arms around your waist, kissing you slowly. The only sounds you could hear were the sounds of your lips smacking against each other's. The way he touched you and the way he made you feel, you didn't want this to end.
"I'm starving for more than just dinner" you say against his lips.
"Nah, we eating first. I'm hungry" he gave your ass a squeeze and pulled away.
"So you said you had concerns?" Erik asked as the two of you ate. Roasted chicken was the main part of the meal.
"Yea...I don't want to move in together if we're not serious. I know this is new but I plan on working and I want to make sure that I won't come home to you fucking another woman or some shit. You seem to have commitment issues and I can't deal with that. I've been cheated on in the past"
"Y/N, I wouldn't do that to you. I understand that I have a reputation for being like that but I promise I'm different now. I want to be there for you and the baby"
He seemed genuine but you never know.
"Okay. I'm willing to try" You smile. You were more than willing to marry if he asked.
"Great. I've been looking at high rises in the city. You take a look in your spare time and if you come across something you like, let me know"
"Okay"
****
After dinner, the two of you went round for round in bed. Erik had you in all kinds of positions till you ended up falling asleep completely.
Erik pulled you close and kissed your forehead. In the back of his mind, he hoped that what Tameka said to him wasn't true. He wanted to love you but what if she was right and this was just something to make him feel good. To make him feel young. To get back at his ex.
He was torn from his thoughts when his phone vibrated. He reached over to the nightstand and lifted it to his face. It was a message from Amber.

Dad. It hurts that you would sleep with my best friend behind my back and then get her pregnant. Out of all the girls you could play house with, you just had to pick her. Then you defend her? I just really want to know why. Can we meet up and talk? - Amber

Erik read the message a few times before deciding to respond.

We can meet up tomorrow if that works? - Erik

Yea that's good. I love you, dad - Amber

I love you too, Amber - Erik