14

Erik had left around 7ish and he woke you up around 7am, climbing into bed.
"You just getting home?" You mumbled.
"Yea, I went for a run with my dogs" he got under the covers and pulled you close, rubbing your belly.
"Where were you all night?"
"Working"
"Oh"
"Yea" Erik buried his head in the back of your neck and fell asleep.
****
You woke up again around 10am and got out of bed to pee. You made your way downstairs and fed Eriks dogs before making yourself breakfast. You lounged outside on the lawn chair in the shade and went through your emails and social media. You seen that Amber had went live on Instagram yesterday. Unsure why you still followed her. You clicked on the video and seen she was talking shit about you and other people from school.

"And this bitch who I THOUGHT was my best friend, she got pregnant by my dad! They both lied about it!......."

You scoffed as you read the comments.

Well he is sexy as fuck!
Get over it Amber. You're bitter
Why did Vince breakup with you?
I heard you got expelled from school
I'd sleep with your dad too. Is he single?
You are crazy Amber. No wonder Vince left you
Are you talking about Y/N? Bitch is sexy as hell. No wonder your dad locked that down
That's gross. She's a hoe

"What you looking at?" Eriks raspy voice startled you. You dropped your phone in your lap and looked up at him. He had a mug in his hand and sat in the lawn chair next to you.
"Nothing. Just checking my emails"
"Mhm"
"Have you umm, spoken to Amber recently?"
"Nah. Why?"
"She got expelled from school"
Erik just shrugged.
"She did it to herself"
"She said her mom is about to lose the house and Amber is going to lose her car"
"Y/N, their issues are no longer my responsibility. My ex wife got $300 thousand from me for alimony and child support. She could have used that money to buy a smaller house or rent a condo. Instead, she used it to ball out and now she's broke. I don't feel sorry for her. As for Amber, she needs to be held responsible for her actions, like you said. She shouldn't have done dumb shit. She'd still be in school if she knew how to act. She would still have a car if she wasn't disrespectful"
"She had a miscarriage and Vince left her...."
Erik looked at you and shook his head.
"Y/N, I don't need updates on her life. She would have come to me if she wanted me to know" he got up and walked back inside. You got up and followed him.
"I have a doctors appointment tomorrow"
"For the baby?"
"Yea" you nodded and sat at the island.
"Okay. I'll take you"
"When are we leaving to travel?"
"We can leave next week if you're ready"
"Yea, I'm ready. I just have to say my goodbyes to my grandparents and parents"
"Y/N....we should talk"
"About what?"
"Something important"
"Okay" you walked to the living room and made yourself comfortable on the couch. Erik walked in and sat next to you. He had a serious look on his face.
"What's wrong?" You ask.
"I'll just come out and say it. Please let me finish before you scream at me, okay?"
"Okay...."
"When I first met your mom, I swear I didn't know her. After the dinner, she reached out to me on Instagram and asked me if we could talk. I said sure. Gave her my number cause I assumed it was about you. She actually wanted me to talk you into getting an abortion...she said I was too old for you and you weren't ready to be a mom. We argued a little bit and I deleted her number. Well about a week later, she started sending me pictures of herself naked. I deleted them and blocked her number. I didn't want her trying to tell you something different and it ruin our relationship"
"She-no....she didn't do that" you shook your head. He was lying.
"She did, Y/N. Why would I lie?"
"Why are you just telling me this?"
"After I turned her down and refused to talk you out of the pregnancy, I threatened to tell you about the pictures but she begged me not to. She said she didn't want you to be upset with her"
"I don't believe you...."
"Then call her yourself. I have nothing to lie about"
You stare at Erik for a moment before pulling out your phone and calling your mom's cellphone. It went straight no voicemail so you decided to call your dad. You kept your eyes on Erik and he kept his eyes on you.
"Dad?"
"Y/N, where are you?"
"I'm at Eriks house. I wanted to know-"
"Y/N...your mom...she's missing"
"Missing?"
"I haven't seen her since last night. She ran to the store and never came back. I've been calling her but she hasn't answered. I filed a missing persons report but they want us to wait 24hrs!"
"Dad....dad, I'm coming over" you had tears roll down your face.
"No, stay where you are. You're safe with Erik. Just....let me handle this"
You hung up and immediately started crying. Erik wasn't sure what to do so he just sat there, watching you.
"What happened?"
"My mom....she's missing"
"C'mere" he pulled you onto his lap and wrapped his arms around you, rubbing his hands up and down your back. "Don't jump to conclusions"
"It's hard not to. She never just up and disappears"
"I'm sure she's okay. What is your dad doing?"
"Going out to look for her"
"Then I'll go help him. Would that make you feel better?"
"Yes. I would love that. My dad won't let me help"
"You shouldn't. You're pregnant. Stay here and keep yourself busy. I love you"
"I love you too. Thank you. Thank you for telling me what happened. I know it wasn't easy"
"And I hope this doesn't affect your relationship with her. She's still your mom"
"Yea"
Erik got dressed and left the house.