11

"Shitshitshit" your mom dropped to the floor to pick up the glass.
"I got it, baby" your dad grabbed the broom and trash can. "You okay?"
"Yea, I burned myself" she smiled at him.
"Mom, are you okay?"
"Yes. I missed you Y/N" she walked over to hug you. Her eyes were locked onto Eriks who was standing behind you.
"Well here's Erik. My....boyfriend?" You weren't sure of the status of your relationship but Erik introduced himself as your boyfriend so you decided to follow suit.
"Boyfriend? Baby daddy? Wow...." your mom pulled away.
"Yea. We're having a baby together. Erik, come say hi" you grabbed Eriks hand and he stepped forward.
"Nice to meet you" his face was straight. No emotion.
"You as well. Um, so how old are you? I mean, my daughter, Y/N is only 21. If anything, she JUST turned 21 this year. In reality, she's JUST an adult. JUST able to drink...." your mom was staring Erik down. He stared back and you were confused.
"Mom, I'm definitely an adult. I'm graduating college in a few weeks, I'm good. Why are you saying this?"
"I'm just curious, Y/N. He's too old for you"
"We're both adults. I can make my own decisions"
"Your mom is right, I'm too old for you. But I guess it doesn't really matter, it is what it is. It's too late to take it back. We're bringing a child into the world" Erik kept his eyes on your mom.
"Uhh, baby? Come clean this up. I got the glass up" your dad said. It was apparent that he could sense the tension.
You pulled Erik outside to see what his deal was.
"Erik, I know this might be a weird question but please don't get upset...."
He looked at you, waiting for you to ask what he already knew you'd ask.
"Do you know my mom? I mean, you're both around the same age. If not, what the fuck was that?"
"Nah, I don't know her. And what was what? She's the one who started attacking me"
"Just...please be nice. Okay? I don't want my parents hating you"
Too late.
You and Erik walked back inside and seen your mom and dad whispering to each other. The moment Erik stepped in behind you, your mom was quiet.
"Is everything okay?" You ask.
"Yes. Guess we aren't having apple pie. But I'm not feeling good so let's sit and eat" your mom smiles.
You and Erik sit at the table and your dad sits at the end as your mom places the food on the table. She sits on the other end and downs her glass of wine.
"Baby, slow down" your dad looks at her.
"Sorry" your mom plays with her food.
"So, Erik it's weird having to ask you about really anything considering we're about the same age. But tell me about yourself" your dad takes a bite of his potatoes.
"Umm, Like I said, I'll be 41 soon. I'm divorced. Been divorced about three years now. I have a daughter. She's 19. I have my PhD in engineering. I'm retired from the Navy-"
"You have a 19 year old daughter?" Your mom asked.
"Yea"
"How did you meet Y/N?"
Erik looked at you and you stepped in.
"Mom, I think it's time for you to put the wine down-"
"NO. I asked a simple question. How did you meet?"
"I used to be friends with his daughter. We ran into each other and hooked up. That's how we met"
"So you knew she was friends with your daughter and you slept with her anyways?"
"Baby" your dad was growing tired of your mom.
"It's probably time for us to leave. Thanks for having us over, mom and dad" you stood up and grabbed Eriks hand. He stood up and your dad stood up.
"Erik, I'm sorry. Blame my wife's hostility on the jet lag. We just got in earlier today. I apologize" your dad shook Eriks hand.
"It's all good. Can I use your restroom?"
"The downstairs bathroom is being remodeled. You're free to use the one upstairs in the hall"
"Thanks" Erik passed your mom and they made eye contact.
You and your dad walked out front to talk and catch up.
Erik washes his hands and opened the bathroom door. Your mom was standing right there with her arms folded across her chest.
"Raven-"
She pushed Erik into the bathroom and shut the door behind her.
"Raven, what the fuck are you doing?"
"So you're fucking my daughter now?! Are you fucking serious, Erik?! That's my child!"
"Look, I didn't know she was your daughter. If I knew, I swear I wouldn't have touched her!"
"So are you going to tell her or should I?"
"Why does she have to know? That was in the past. We haven't talked in years. I haven't seen you since we were in college twenty years ago. Two fucking decades"
"It's fucking sick! She's pregnant with your child, Erik!"
"That's what happens when two people have unprotected sex. The fuck you want me to do?"
"You don't think it's sickening that once upon a time, I was carrying your child? Our child? You talked me into getting rid of it!"
"I was young, Raven...."
"Young" she scoffed. "But then you went and got Tameka pregnant and had a happy life with her not long after"
"Why are we still talking about this? You're married, right? That nigga make you happy? Don't say shit to Y/N. When I'm ready, I'll tell her"
"I don't even have words right now" Raven shook her head and laughed.
"Look, it's only as awkward as you make it. Just leave shit alone"
"What's your end game here? You gonna marry her? Have a few more babies? Oh wait, maybe you'll just leave her alone with your kids and move to the next bitch"
Erik let out a long sigh.
"I know I did some fucked up shit in college but what you want me to do? I was single. Stop holding that shit over my head! I already said if I knew she was your daughter, we wouldn't even be standing here right now!"
"No...you want to fix this? You better end this shit! You don't need another child. You barely take care of the one you do have. The same way you talked me into getting an abortion, you better talk her into it!" Your mom opened the bathroom door and walked away.
Erik cut the light off and made his way out of the house.
"Thanks for coming by, Erik. Take care of my daughter" you dad hugged him.
"I absolutely will" Erik smiled and got into the car. You gave your dad a final hug before getting into the car. Eriks face worried you. You assumed that maybe your mom really pissed him off.
"Baby? You okay?" You placed your hand on his thigh. He looked down at it and removed it from his leg.
"We need to talk when we get to my house" he started the car and pulled off.