16

So you spend the next ten days in Bali before traveling to Dubai and after Dubai you would spend the rest of your pregnancy in Italy before flying back to California to deliver the baby.
You noticed something was off with Erik but he kept saying everything was okay so you decided to leave it alone.
"Erik? You feeling okay?" You ask as the two of you get situated in your luxury hotel suite. Erik was unpacking the suitcases as you laid on the bed and noticed he was talking to himself.
"Yea I'm good. Why?" He looked up at you with those soft eyes.
"Just wondering" you smile.
"Hey...I was thinking..." Erik begins. "We're having a kid together and I love you a lot...are you interested in marriage at all?"
"Marriage? I mean one day yea. I'd love to be married but it doesn't have to be soon"
"Doesn't have to be or you don't want it to be?" He asked for clarification.
"I don't want to seem pushy. I'd love to be married but there's no timeline" You smile.
"Cool" Erik nods.
"What about you?"
"After dealing with my ex, I'd have to really love the next woman to marry them. She really fucked me up. I love you though" he walked over to you and picked you up. "You got me nervous and I wanted to do this formally but will you marry me? I love you Y/N. I want us to be a family"
You look at Erik and he puts you down and pulls out a huge ring in a Tiffany blue box. You were surprised. Nervous even. He was asking you to marry him... did you want to marry him?
"Erik-"
You were cut off by Eriks phone ringing. He sighed and got up to answer it.
"Hello?.... Amber, slow down. What happened? Where are you?.... You safe?.... I won't be home for a while but you can stay at my condo in the Hills. Don't throw no parties and don't trash my shit.... No I'll call her and deal with it. Just get to my condo and go to sleep.... No Amber, she hasn't.... I love you too. I'll call you in the morning"
"What was that?" You ask.
"My ex and her boyfriend were arrested for some domestic shit and Amber was there when it happened. She's scared. I'm moving her into my condo for now and dealing with this situation tomorrow"
"Oh... Has she found a job yet?"
"I don't know?" Erik looked at you. "The fuck that gotta do with this situation?"
"I just-Amber already doesn't like me. What if-"
"She's making up the story about her mom being stabbed in front of her just so I would let her live with me?"
"... yea?"
"You sound dumb as hell. Just because you don't have your mom anymore doesn't mean my daughter would call on some elaborate bullshit. My daughter is traumatized by her mother almost being killed in front of her and I'm not there as her father to console her... I'm here. With you. Mind your business" he walked away and you let out a long sigh. So much for a good time.

You and Erik dinner by the water and enjoy the view

You and Erik dinner by the water and enjoy the view. The both of you were quiet since he snapped on you suddenly. You played with your food and Erik took notice. He sat back in his seat and looked at you.
"I'm sorry Y/N. I didn't mean what I said. That was harsh"
"You meant it. Otherwise you wouldn't have said it. You're right, I don't have my mom but I sure as hell wish I did. I wish my mom was here to help me through my pregnancy. I wish she was here to meet her grandchild but she's not. I miss her" a tear fell from your eye and Erik reached out for you but you pulled back. "Don't touch me! What you said was a low blow and I would never do that to you"
"I said I was sorry"
"Fuck your sorry!"
Erik ran his hands down his face and let out a sigh.
"Fine" he paid the bill and the two of you sat quietly for the next thirty minutes.
"I think this was a mistake..." you finally say.
"What was?"
"Everything. Coming out here with you...rushing this relationship"
"Why are you saying this? Because of what I said?"
"That is a reason but not the main reason I feel this way. The issues you have with Amber and your ex wife aren't issues I want to be apart of. I don't want you attacking me because I don't understand the choices you make. I don't want you saying hurtful things because you're hurt. I didn't do anything to you-"
"I'm sorry Y/N. I didn't mean it" he moved his chair closer to you and grabbed your hands. "I love you. What don't you get about that?"
"Sometimes that's not enough..." you pull your hands away.
"So what? You want to go home?"
"Yes. I want to be with my dad and grandma. I want to find my mom-"
"Oh my god, Y/N. She's fucking dead. You're not going to find her! I'm surprised your dumbass ain't figure that out yet"
"Excuse me?!" You were offended.
"Forget it..." he shook his head.
"No, say what you want to say!"
"Ain't it obvious?! She's dead and the only suspect is your dad. He was the last one to see her. He's hiding shit from you and telling me not to tell you. He's the prime suspect in this fucking case"
"You're accusing my dad?! Are you serious?!"
"Y/N! Think about it! Everything points to him. He seen her last. He keeps saying she's murdered even though they haven't found her body. He did this shit and you know it"
You sat there in shock and began to cry. What Erik said made sense but you didn't want to believe him. There's no way your dad would do this. What reason did he have.
"Why? Why would he do this?" You asked through tears.
"I could tell you a possible reason but you'll hate me afterwards"
"Tell me"
"We need to go back to the hotel if we're going to talk about it"
****
"So we hooked up in college and she ended up pregnant. She didn't want your dad knowing she cheated so she got rid of the pregnancy. What I left out when I told you that I knew her was that she told me she felt guilty and she was going to tell your dad about us. I told her not to since it was almost twenty years ago but she said she couldn't keep this a secret"
"So...so you fucked my mom and got her pregnant?! Erik-" you gagged and ran off to the bathroom to throw up. Tears streamed down your cheeks as you continued to throw up everything you ate earlier.
"Baby.." Erik walked in behind you and rubbed your back. "..I didn't know how to tell you. You were already pregnant when I found out she was your mom. What was I supposed to do?"
"I-I can't" you tried to calm yourself down but you couldn't.
"Y/N, you need to chill out and breathe"
"I-I can't" you couldn't stop from crying.
"Y/N, calm down" Erik pulled you into his lap to try and help you breathe but you ended up passing out.