15

It had been a week but there was no new updates. Police said they found a shoe that your dad confirmed belonged to your mom but that was it. They were going to test it and update your family.
Currently, you and Erik were on a plane to Bali, Indonesia. It was somewhere you were always interested in visiting.
"You good?" Erik placed his hand on your stomach, rubbing it slowly. You had a doctors appointment last week and you found out that you were 13 weeks pregnant. Having the ultrasound pictures made you feel a little bit better about not knowing where your mom was. It took your mind off it.
"Yea. Just a little tired" you smile.
"I know, we been flying for a while. Try and get some sleep" he leaned over and kissed you on your cheek.
A few hours later, the plane lands at the airport. Climbing off the plane, the warm air hits your face.
"Wow, this is beautiful" you look around at the greenery.
"Yea. It's nice out here" Erik leads you to the suv that was awaiting the both of you. He opens the door for you and you climb in. He helps load the luggage into the trunk when his phone vibrates. It's your dad.
"Hello?"
"Hey, Erik. You still in the air?"
"Nah, we just landed. Wussup?"
"I just wanted to update you on the case"
"Okay"
"Well they tested the shoe but there's no dna to prove anything. They think she might have been kidnapped. I'm so lost...I don't know what to do"
"Damn, that's crazy...." Erik leaned up against the car.
"I know Y/N is waiting on information but I don't want to ruin y'all trip....just tell her there's no news, please"
"I got you. Sorry y'all going through this"
"My heart is broken. I don't want Y/N stressing herself out"
"I'll keep her busy"
"Thank you, Erik. I know I had my doubts about you but I think you're good for Y/N. I can tell you care about her"
"I definitely do. If there's anything I can do, let me know"
"I will. Enjoy your trip"
Erik hung up and joined you in the car.
"Everything okay?" You asked.
"Yea. Your dad called to tell us there's no new updates and he wants you to enjoy this trip"
"You're lying" you stare at him.
"About what?"
"He told you something and you're not telling me. Erik...don't fucking lie to me"
"Y/N, don't accuse me of lying to you. I told you what he told me"
The car ride to the resort was silent. You were thinking about your mom. You were upset about her trying to get with Erik but that wasn't important. She was missing and could be dead.
"Turn your fucking brain off and get over here" Erik wrapped his arm around your waist and pulled you closer to him. "I love you"
"I love you too"
"How much you love me?" He squinted his eyes at you, rubbing his thumb over your chin.
"I love you a lot. I'm thankful I found someone like you. I know none of this was planned but I'm glad that you're willing to do this with me"
"Of course. You're one of the best things to happen to me" he kissed you deeply.
"What if they can't find my mom? She'll never meet the baby"
"I'm sure they'll find her. Stop worrying about it"
"Don't you know people that could help find her?"
Erik looked at you funny.
"How would I know people?"
"I don't know, I'm just assuming"

"How would I know people?""I don't know, I'm just assuming"