Chapter 6

Author notes- It might be Sky's for a while but I think I'm gonna do andrews for some of the next chapter. Hope everyone likes it!
When he pulled the lever the ground shook then I saw a piece of the ground creating stairs. "Oh, guys. Look." I gestured to the steps that was forming. As they noticed them I said, "Let's go." I started walking knowing that they'd follow me.
"Jesse. How many steps are there?"
Andrew complained when we walked maybe 50 steps. Max looked at him either like he was crazy or you have no idea how many they put. "They usually put maybe a 100 steps or more when you have to walk somewhere."
"They're crazy." Andrew said.
"Yeah, I know." Max said smiling.
We walked 50 more steps when kara said, "Hey, there's a opening."
"Finially," Andrew replied starting to go faster.
"Max, how do we find the clues?" I said when I reached the last step.
He looked at me and said, "they could be anywhere, but there is always three and the first is the easiest and the last is the hardest to find."
"Ok. So I guess let's just search for now." Kara said. We searched for about a half hour. We had already found the first two. The first was a note inside of a book and the second one was a pattern of numbers that was under some vases. "Where's the last clue?" Andrew said.
"Over here." Max said as if he sensed Andrew wanted to get done this search. "What's the clue?" I asked.
"It says a word, secret lane."
I looked at Max, "Is that a street?"
He shook his head and said "no, It's the place my dad works at. It's not a place you ever want to go to." He must have had bad experience there.
"Why" Andrew questioned. He looked at Andrew and said, " He's just not nice to anyone. You're the reason he has the place."
"Why me?" I said.
"You're the secret coder."
"Huh?"
"There has always been a secret coder but now it's you. Your power you have is very rare and whoever has it is the new secret coder."
"Oh, that makes sense. What does he want to do to me though?"
Max looked at me wondering if he should tell me. "Um, he wants to steal your power."
"Oh. Well he's not getting it."
"Yeah, he's not." Max said.
"Guys, shouldn't we go to there current hideout now?" Andrew said.
I blushed knowing andrew was right.
"Yeah, let's go. I'm guessing the numbers are coordinates." Kara took out her phone than said, "can you tell me the coordinates? I'll put them in."
Max had written the coordinates down before had and handed her them, then she put it on her phone and said, " It says that it's in a forest in the middle of nowhere. Should we go?" She finished looking up from her phone.
"No" Andrew said as I said,"Yes." I looked at him and he said, "We have to go back home. There is a thing called sleeping still Sky." I thought about it then said, "Are you sure?" Jokingily.
"Yeah, I'm sure."
"Oh ok. Well then let's meet under that highway tomorrow." I looked at kara and said, "Can you show me the coordinates?"
"Sure." She showed me her phone and I wrote it down on mine. "Ok, let's go."   Max said leading the way. We walked all the way to the city than we split up and me and Andrew walked the rest of the way together.
"Why do you what to do this so much? Like I like doing it but I don't think as much as you do." Andrew questioned me.
"Because nothing much ever happens and I like knowing things about my history." He looked at my eyes then said, "oh, ok. That makes sense." I think he wanted to tell me something so I said, "What?"
"You're so pretty." I blushed never hearing a boy or even my best friend.
"That it?" I said observing him from his hair to feet. I noticed that the front of his blonde hair was messy but pretty and without realizing I blushed.
"Um... Yeah." He said not confidently but I let it slide because it was getting dark and we had to hurry up. When I finally got home I said bye to Andrew and headed for my room trying to avoid my parents but failed. "Where have you been?" My mom said. My dad said "yeah" after but he isn't bothered as much as my mom is.
"I was at Andrews." I said to quickly to think of something better.
"No you weren't we asked Andrews parents if you where at his house they said they didn't know where andrew was."
"Oh." I looked at the ground trying to think of a good lie.
"I'm going to ask again. Where were you?"
I looked back up and said, "Fine. This guy's max told me that I had a power and so does Andrew and this girl a year older than me."
There eyes widened as if something bad had happened.
"What?" I looked back and forth between my parents hoping something wasn't wrong.
"No." They both said in unison.
"You're in big danger." My dad said.
"I'm guessing you got my power?" My mom asked.
"Yeah I did."
"Wait, you said Andrew had a power?" My dad asked somehow confused, scared and worried all in one emotion.
"Yes. I did. He has superstrenth. Why?" Isn't it cool?"
"Yes, it is cool. I bet he can pick up a bolder but that's not why we're worried." My mom finished looking at my dad.
"Why are you then?" I said now being the one to somehow be scared, confused, and worried all in one emotion. They both looked at me and my dad said, "His dad whent missing for a reason."
"Wait I thought no one knew where he whent?"
"You think we wouldn't know? We literally live next door and we're best friends when growing up." My mom said then gesturing for my dad to keep talking.
"He whent missing because he's the son of the god who let us have these powers."
"What?!" I said quietly since it was nighttime but in shock.