Exploring a Nightmarish Hospital

Mordecai: This is Brookhaven Hospital?

Sam: Yep. Are you surprised?

(What the group of four are seeing is Brookhaven Hospital, a 3-story building with a fence surrounding the perimeter. Some of the windows appear to be boarded up.)

Rigby: We're not going to get a physical when we get inside, are we?

Sam: No. That's for Alchemilla Hospital in the central part of town. Brookhaven's one that focuses on mental health problems. Please don't ask. Not so sure about that myself. (turns to look at Tommy) Do you know where you put the key inside this place?

Tommy: Yeah. It's in one of the rooms on the third floor.

Sam: Which one?

Tommy: I think it was the shower room. I was trying to find a place to put it in when I saw what looked like a scary nurse in the hallway.

Sam: Scary nurse? Is there something you're not telling me?

Tommy: I may have... found some scary monster nurses roaming around the hospital.

Sam: Seriously? They're not like those nurses in Alchemilla Hospital, are they?

Tommy: Nope. Scarier.

(Sam pinches the bridge of his nose for a few seconds before heading towards the front doors of the hospital. The scene then cuts to inside the lobby, with the doors opening up. The quartet looks around as they walk right in, finding it to be abandoned like everywhere else.) 

Mordecai: Something about this place gives me the creeps.

Rigby: Same here. What is it with abandoned hospitals that scare people, anyway?

Sam: Probably has something to do with the unnatural silence it emits. Of course, that's only a main part of it. Another factor would be knowing about the goings on in its halls and rooms. Why do you think it was a favorite among urban explorers to check in?

Tommy: Don't they usually do that before the hospital gets torn down?

Sam: Yes, but most of the time it goes abandoned and left to be taken by the elements. And that's only for the ones that aren't worth demolishing in the eyes of town officials.